Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.31.01]Elf caravan carrying an obscene amount of cargo  (Read 17478 times)

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01]Elf caravan carrying an obscene amount of cargo
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »

I had the bug but when I brought all their cool animals, (I got about 25 bears/Jaguars/wolves/etc).  only the bears show up on my animals list though.  Elf dudes got stuck trying to pack up their stuff too, only managed to get away when I built another depot.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »

I remember in one of my first Forts of the new version, I got pissed because none of my Dwarfs would trade with the elves, SO I deconstructed the depot.

This in time led to the Collapse of my Fort!

Taking stock, the one Elven Caravan had over 30 individual cages, 20 of which had bears, foxes, and other animals.  There were over 30 pages of wooden toys crafts and other junk,  I counted over 200 barrels full of various stuff, over 500 bins of ropereed cloth. There wasn't room for half the stuff, food began to rot and creata miasma clouds,  I worked my miners to exhaustion trying to make store rooms for everything, and used up all my wood making Bins for what turned out to be almost 2000 individual crafts
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »

I remember in one of my first Forts of the new version, I got pissed because none of my Dwarfs would trade with the elves, SO I deconstructed the depot.

This in time led to the Collapse of my Fort!

Taking stock, the one Elven Caravan had over 30 individual cages, 20 of which had bears, foxes, and other animals.  There were over 30 pages of wooden toys crafts and other junk,  I counted over 200 barrels full of various stuff, over 500 bins of ropereed cloth. There wasn't room for half the stuff, food began to rot and creata miasma clouds,  I worked my miners to exhaustion trying to make store rooms for everything, and used up all my wood making Bins for what turned out to be almost 2000 individual crafts

And I imagine your FPS went down the pisser.

Next time, build a bridge right next to your depot, attach it to a lever, raise it, set a garbage dump right beneath it, and dump -all- the crap from the caravan into that spot.  It'll take a -long- time for the dwarves to haul that amount of junk, but eventually it'll all be under the bridge.  Then atomsmash it.

I had to do it.  Was a pain, but it got done.

Then change the warthog tag to have a load capacity in the raw.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]