Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] caves dry up in reclaim mode  (Read 3546 times)

DrDada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] caves dry up in reclaim mode
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:31:57 am »

well the thread title says it all. i tried to reclaim a fortress and found that all the mud in the revealed caves is gone. I'm not sure if this happens to unrevealed caves too.

teloft

• Bay Watcher
  • We found the zirilid stream
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] caves dry up in reclaim mode
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 09:10:39 am »

I have this bug now.  It is the HORROR

I was hoping to get back all the nice farmland for the underground caves. but it is all gone.  The mudpiles in the caves are gone !!!

reclaim in broken.  Must save mudd for, or remudd the caverns at reclaim in order to make reclaim  any fun.

This must also be a problem in adventure mode, even thow I have not tryed it.
We found the zirilid stream

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:33:57 pm »

I have a thread about this in the questions thread... an IMMENSE cave system, a true Dwarf Utopia 50 z-levels under an Ice glacial, and its ALLLLL "clean"

There needs to be an exception for mud on Relcaim.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 12:42:58 pm »

Yuppers, this needs to be fixed. Reclaiming is now mostly worthless since your fortress has farming, woodcutting, and likely even fuel production set back months, or even years.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 12:47:43 pm »

Wood is the big one...

I can build a pump and flood an area big enough for farms and food... but wood...
Im on a Glaciar right now and all the caves are stone, Im basically screwed as far as wood goes, Unless I can find an undiscovered amount of water enough to flood the caves.

EDIT: By the by, I wanted to add something just for anyone nitpicking about "Is it a bug or is it a feature?"
Traditionally 'bugs' are things that can make a game unplayable, and as of now, having the caves dry out makes wood growth impossible and farming incredibly hard.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 06:26:32 pm by Crossroads Inc. »
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile