Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: DF2010, Channels make ramps instead  (Read 37543 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF2010, Channels make ramps instead
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2010, 10:27:52 am »

How much harder would it have to be for you to accept it as "effectively" harder? Limiting the tool to designating one tile at a time? For the kind of widespread use the channels have, doubling the designations required is just the right amount of "hard".

I don't think this is a good way to make a game harder, actually I think it's a very poor way (going back to the making unessery effort for user concept) so I don't see how this question is relvent.

What I said was I don't think it made the game harder which was it's stated goal and the only point in it's favour you were trying to make.

Lets face it in 40d a hand full of traps or half a dozen crossbow dwarves would stop any siege so it wasn't like channels where an siege breaking defence back then anyway.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2010, 06:41:10 pm »

FORGET REALISM. Its a game, and I want to have some bloody fun. I enjoyed the old channels much more.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:53:32 pm by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2010, 08:24:09 pm »

FORGET REALISM. Its a game, and I want to have some bloody fun. I enjoyed the old channels much more.

I'd have gone with gameplay trumps realism, but the result is the same
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]