Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't remove corpses from wells  (Read 1175 times)

Rollory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't remove corpses from wells
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:04:00 pm »

This may not be a bug - tossing a corpse into a well is a time-honored way of poisoning the water supply - but I want to mention it anyway, because it's such a pain.  If a creature attacking from the well dies while still on the well tile, it can't be cleaned up, and causes miasma; the only solution is to dismantle the well and rebuild it elsewhere.

karnot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't remove corpses from wells
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 03:14:00 pm »

I concur, this feature we can do without.
Not to mention destroying well leaves a channel...

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 06:51:00 pm »

Maybe dwarves could use spears to fish them out?

Also, if the well in question is close to the river (bad idea, since it increases well-based attacks), you could try opening the doors when the flood comes in order to wash the corpse off of it.

...as a temporary measure until rewalling comes in, though, it would be nice if we could build wells on top of 1x1 channel squares.  After all, why shouldn't we be able to?  It's implied that building a well involves digging that 1x1 channel underneath it anyway, so rebuilding it over an existing channel should be easier than usual.

[ September 05, 2006: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

CogDissident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 07:30:00 pm »

Its not just implied. Try deconstructing an already built well, it will leave behind a 1-1 channel.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 06:13:00 pm »

You think that's bad, I had a goblin's leg get chopped off, go flying and get stuck in my fortifications at the front of my fortress.