Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aqueducts - drowning machines  (Read 1757 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aqueducts - drowning machines
« on: August 21, 2006, 09:44:00 am »

Aqueducts are so horrible right now I'm sorry I built one. :S

One of my dwarves noticed a rock at the end of an aqueduct, so he went right smack through the middle of the aqueduct to get that rock and drowned. Shortly afterwards another dwarf went to get his body, went the same way and died. Then 2 more dwarves wanted to get their bodies, went that way and died. That's when I closed the door to the aqueduct (getting put item in tomb spam).

I really wish the water in the aqueduct wouldn't drown them or atleast that I could block the aqueduct's flow with an internal flood gate. :S

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aqueducts - drowning machines
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 03:41:00 pm »

Upon further inspection, I've discovered that my dwarves are trying to rebuild a segment of the aqueduct which I've destroyed. And, of course, they're doing it smack in the middle of the aqueduct and drowning in the process! >.<

And I can't cancel that building either. :\

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 04:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Virtz:
<STRONG>Upon further inspection, I've discovered that my dwarves are trying to rebuild a segment of the aqueduct which I've destroyed. And, of course, they're doing it smack in the middle of the aqueduct and drowning in the process! >.<

And I can't cancel that building either. :\</STRONG>

Are you sure? Did you try canceling it with 't'? I had a similar problem with floodgates before.

Janne )`*

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 04:18:00 pm »

I can't cancel it cause I can't select it, neither T nor Q works. They just go there with the intention of construction and drown at the edge of the aqueduct. :\