Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

New Shops

(1/1)

Flok Speargrabber:
This has probably been suggested mutliple times, but here are some more ideas.Soap Shop
Grocer
Furniture Store
Toy Store

Mechanoid:
As well as stores dedicated to holding only one specific type of craft.You have toy stores there, but what about:
Jewlery Shops -- Further divided into Ring, Amulet, Bracelet, Ear-ring, Large Gem ShopsIdol Shops -- possibly also dedicated to only one god, or gods that are 'friendly' with eachother; having idols of god X who hates god Y in the same shop could be, trouble.Musical Shops -- possibly dedicated to just one type of instrument, or even one material type (of a specific instrument) So you have Brass Drums and Iron Drums being sold in seperate shops."Nobility" Shops -- Scepters, Crowns, and Large gems... Possibly also Artifacts and Magical things (when those are put in) along with Alchemy products (Golden Salve and Liquid Fire)

Hyperturtle:
I would be happy if my stores, regardless of what they are denominated as, carried something other than narrow armor or heavily worn clothing.Every now and then a shop keeper will drag in a -chalk ring-.Most of my legendaries just grab whatever they want out of the shop an item was made in, or a stock pile.  And when I see people going shopping, they very rarely leave with something, but I have seen them carry worn equipment to the stores.

Entropy:
Shopping is currently a little annoying.
Since the preponderance of useless junk filling up clothing stores, you need to build massive numbers of shops (since only 1 in 4 is clothing) to allow dwarfs to buy new clothes.  Of course, every once in a while you still have to destroy the shop and designate all the crap in it for dumping, then rebuild.I do not see the need for having a load of new shops - though being allowed to choose what kind of shop to build would be nice.Also - a furniture store is useless since dwarfs do not buy furniture.[ March 08, 2008: Message edited by: Entropy ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version