Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [0.31.01] Animals bought from elves aren't listed  (Read 1558 times)

Dame de la Licorne

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats? Check. FPS? Uh-oh...
    • View Profile
[0.31.01] Animals bought from elves aren't listed
« on: April 04, 2010, 04:00:16 pm »

Having bought a groundhog and a fox from the elven caravan, I noticed that they don't show up in the "animals" tab of the "z" screen.  They are listed as tame, I can see them in the "u"nits list and I can zoom in, select them and have them butchered, but they aren't in the animals tab.
If software was real world, then it'd be something equivalent of hitting a nail with a hammer and having a building collapse on the other side of town.

Don't worry people, sometimes -moments occur

CaveLobsterShell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.01] Animals bought from elves aren't listed
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:53:25 pm »

Yes, I bought a ton of exotic animals (tigers and leopards and gibbons and elephants, oh my) from the elves in their first caravan, and immediately went to the slaughter (Animals) screen to get me some gibbon leather, but they weren't there. I can slaughter the new animals in their individual 'v' screens, but that's a bit of a pain.

Anyway, this is more than outweighed by the new War Tigers and War Leopards I have  ;D
The funniest part being a dwarf actually butchered the stupid thing.  Necrotic poison is the tastiest of spices.