Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Farming Issue

(1/6) > >>

Faolyn:
I just started the new DF, and I can't farm. I have seeds (according to my stores), farm plots, both indoors and outdoors, farmers, etc., but every time I attempt to farm, I get a message saying that I have no seeds available for that location. Any thoughts?

buman:
you need to make the floor muddy just like the 2d version, this is described when placing the farm plot.

outside you just don't have any seeds until gathering plants.

this is not a bug

The_Kakaze:
I think you only need one tile of muddied ground to build a plot of any size.  That might be a bug, but it makes it very easy to do it... just channel out one hole above your farm area, set a pit/pond zone, and get a dwarf to splash it with a tiny bit of water and there you go.

*edit* well maybe not.  It allows you to build the plot, but the planters won't plant unless theres more mud.  I'm not sure how much is required to plant on the whole thing, but i don't think its 100% for farming

Mr_Bucket_Hat:
Although I have yet to try it myself, using a pump beside a floor opening might work. I'm going to try it in my fort and see how it goes.

Faolyn:

--- Quote from: buman on April 04, 2010, 04:50:45 pm ---you need to make the floor muddy just like the 2d version, this is described when placing the farm plot.

outside you just don't have any seeds until gathering plants.

this is not a bug

--- End quote ---

...Even on loam?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version