Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Farming Issue

<< < (4/6) > >>

Logical2u:

--- Quote from: twinburner on April 04, 2011, 03:14:26 pm ---I think this issue just got a new wrinkle. I just tried farming outdoors in every manner I can think of and tried then digging a hole, wetting it entirely then starting a farm in it and it still didn't work at all. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---
When you're farming outdoors you need outdoor plant seeds to plant there. The seeds you can buy from the dwarven caravan and bring at embark are for indoor farming only.
Does this explain your behaviour?

Ampersand:

--- Quote from: twinburner on April 04, 2011, 03:14:26 pm ---I think this issue just got a new wrinkle. I just tried farming outdoors in every manner I can think of and tried then digging a hole, wetting it entirely then starting a farm in it and it still didn't work at all. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

You can also use plant gathering to get outdoor plants. Brew them, or wait for a dwarf to eat them, to get the seeds.

whitey321:
If your farming outdoors, you can't farm outdoors at all in a mountain biome. Period.
If your farming indoors, just muddy the ground.
If it still doesn't work, it's probably a bug.

Tilla:
Just ran into this today, I channelled into a stone room and wet every tile, but nobody ever farmed on the plots I put there, even after I sealed it all with a new roof.

Jeoshua:
So it was once exposed to light?

Did you use above-ground plants? Or below ground?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version