Dwarf Fortress > DF Bug Reports

Farming Issue

<< < (2/6) > >>

Shaostoul:
I would like to say that mushrooms typically do not grow in a dry area... they typically need a moist and warm environment to grow... so it kinda makes sense.

Just be safe and muddy the whole area to be farmed.

Try moving the seeds around. There's a pathfinding bug going around that sometimes lets you use mats and other times you don't get to use them... it's annoying.

Durin:
If the seeds you have won't grow on the dirt you've farmed, you will have issues.  I am not sure if this is a bug, or working as designed and simply not fully understood and documented by the community.

I can say I have the same issue.  Currently I am in the process of trying to gather some local seeds. I figure if they grow in the dirt naturally, I can farm them.

Wolfius:
From what I've seen, it's outside/indoor-light farming on soil, underground farming on mud. Partial mud or light results in a glitchy farm plot that probably won't see anything planted.

Rakoth:
I had a five by seven room that I'd flooded, though mud didn't form in the corner farthest from the entryway.  I was still able to build a complete five by seven farm plot - but nothing would get planted.  Out of curiosity, I tried building a two by four plot in the room adjacent to it, which I had flooded with water so as to flood the actual farm chamber and which was entirely filled with mud.

My little Dr Farmer happily scurried to press plump helmet seeds into the mud.

Figuring I was onto something, I destroyed the larger farm, then made a plot that covered ONLY the muddy tiles.  Indeed, after it was done, my dwarves were happy to push cave wheat seeds into the muck.

It's not a huge bug, but it is a misleading one: You can build any size farm plot over off of one tile of mud, but you won't be able to actually grow anything off of it, it seems.

Flop:

--- Quote from: buman on April 04, 2010, 04:50:45 pm ---this is not a bug

--- End quote ---

Are you sure? From what I've read, it's a bug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version