Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Prosthetics?

(1/1)

Misterstone:
I realize that the healing/medical care features are still being worked on... but does anyone think it might be possible to implement prosthetic limbs (for example, pegs to replace lower legs, hooks to replace arms) for dwarves that have been mangled?I guess you'd have to have another special workshop/room for surgery (in order to remove the mangled limb).  Dwarves with prosthetics might not be good at certain tasks requiring dexterity, and might walk slowly, etc.  They might occaisionally get depressed.  But at least they could haul rocks!

Silleh Boy:
I believe this is already on the todo list.
I'm looking forward to it, too, as i've had several... accidents. involving multiple lost limbs.
(bloody elephants.)

Aquillion:
Lots of stories have dwarves making mechanical limbs...  maybe those would have to be artifacts, though.  As long as there's a limb-lacking dwarf in your fortress, there could be a chance one of your mechanics or smiths goes into a fey mood and makes them a mecha-limb.Hey, do mechanics create artifacts currently?  'cause you'd expect them to have interesting ones eventually.

John D. Ward:
The idea, in general terms, is already being considered.  See Bloat 35, and this short story:Dwarven Servitude[ September 14, 2006: Message edited by: John D. Ward ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version