Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DF Wiki Work  (Read 8776 times)

furlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Wiki Work
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 02:20:58 pm »

The format difference you're looking at there is {{L|Article_name|whateverthehellyouwant}}

The first string is the actual name of the article you're linking to (address) while the second string is what the text on the page actually says.

I should have been more clear, my mistake. My question was which is the correct format to use to link to the current version.

Pasakoye

• Bay Watcher
  • c is for SCAMPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2010, 07:29:28 pm »

I was wondering if I could use the instant butcher command in Arena mode to collect butchery data for the wiki.
Let's say three of the same animal give: 10 Meat/20 Fat, 8 Meat/20 Fat, and 12 Meat/18 Fat.
For meat I put lowest I got and the highest, 8-12 Meat. And same for fat, 18-20 Fat. This would be out of 25 tests per gender per animal. 50 for genderless (If there are any).

Just testing 10 Whale Sharks-female meat:
629, 341, 463, 1226, 322, 611, 597, 650, 656, 554
So Meat 322-1226.
I play as elves.
What the f*ck is wrong with you?
DF doesn't have a learning curve. It has a sheer cliff face. And you have to climb it with nothing but a keyboard.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 07:48:59 pm »

I made articles for DF2010:Computing and DF2010:Mechanical logic over the past couple days. Currently there aren't articles yet for (infinite flow) fluid logic or animal logic (borg logic never went anywhere so computing isn't linking to a page for it at this time). There are a bunch of variations on fluid logic gates, and two on animal logic that I'm aware of (There was one set of designs for mechanical logic on the 40d mechanical logic page which were completely incomprehensible, so I designed new ones, although they don't include a repeater or latch currently).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Johnny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 07:54:20 pm »

I was wondering if I could use the instant butcher command in Arena mode to collect butchery data for the wiki.
Let's say three of the same animal give: 10 Meat/20 Fat, 8 Meat/20 Fat, and 12 Meat/18 Fat.
For meat I put lowest I got and the highest, 8-12 Meat. And same for fat, 18-20 Fat. This would be out of 25 tests per gender per animal. 50 for genderless (If there are any).

Just testing 10 Whale Sharks-female meat:
629, 341, 463, 1226, 322, 611, 597, 650, 656, 554
So Meat 322-1226.

Actually, I could see that being useful for figuring out what size yields what range of butchering returns.  The raws already give us some of the variation range, I think, through the body appearance modifier ranges (BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110 and BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110 are the numbers from Whale Shark, which I'm assuming are percentage values).  So taking a quick-and-dirty median 774 and mean 604.9 from your numbers...  doesn't even put me close to replicating your results using calculations from the raws.

Hell.

It might have something to do with appearance modifiers altering size at birth and the resulting change being blown way up with age, or it could just be related to something else entirely tucked away in the tissue raws that I can't seem to find.

EDIT: Maybe if you could autobutcher newborn Whale Sharks for a smaller range of returns between 81-121%
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:57:39 pm by Johnny »

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2010, 07:30:56 pm »

Oh hey, OP updated. Could I get added as done the Squads / Scheduling / Military pages, working on Equipment / Soldiers / Military Interface guide?

Sorry, long weekend. What's the status now? I'll do it in one update.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 08:41:52 pm »

Oh hey, OP updated. Could I get added as done the Squads / Scheduling / Military pages, working on Equipment / Soldiers / Military Interface guide?

Sorry, long weekend. What's the status now? I'll do it in one update.

Done Soldier, halfway through the military interface guide. Equipment will come later in the week I think. And quite a lot's been done lately in terms of everything getting fixed up; there's not all that much major left to do. Tis lovely :D

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 09:27:46 pm »

If that is the case, would it be better to now update what is needed rather than what is done?
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]