Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Longer Time Scaling?  (Read 417 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Longer Time Scaling?
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:04:17 pm »

It seems to me that the new version is slower... not FPS slower, but in the time it takes dwarves to finish a task. In d40 My Legendary Miners could rip through walls in about a second, while in 2010 it takes much, much longer... which makes playing around with the new underground painfully slow(note to self; bring 3-4 miners next embark, not 1). It also seems to take much longer for craftsdwarves to finish stuff as well, though things like hauling and cutting down trees don't take very long as all.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Longer Time Scaling?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:07:08 pm »

I think many of the traits and stuff, that dwarves have had for a long time, are starting to apply now, like how fast they tire ect... Plus almost all dwarves seem to be overworking, which affects their performance further.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Longer Time Scaling?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 11:21:47 pm »

Huh. I wonder if there is a way to make them overwork less... I'm accomplishing stuff in about a year that I was able to accomplish by my first summer in 40d.

Also... how do you activate dwarves? I don't need a standing military, I just want my woodcutter to slay this severely wounded giant toad standing in my entryway that everyone is running from.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.