Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Discussions on HFS ver. 0.31.01 [SPOILERS]

(1/5) > >>

Lord Dakoth:
So, my bro and I have been playing DF practically nonstop since the new release. He opened up the HFS, producing some... interesting results.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)Among the demonic horde were a flying three-eyed badger that emitted poison gas, a snowball with wings, and a giant leech made of fire that called out its victims' names...

From the descriptions of these creatures, I propose that the new HFS be codenamed "Pokemon" in place of "Clowns."

Kagus:
Personally, I find both terms distasteful.  I'm one of those boring sods who would much rather just say "HFS" if I intended to mention them over an unsecured line.

Rumrusher:
pokemons?
I used witches for the sake most I find are banshees and random generated monsters can't be called pocket monsters for DF doesn't have pockets to stick them in. backpacks yeah but it's not a pocket.
range'mons ?  nah even if you have to dig over ~150 layers to see them calling them pokemon seems wrong when we already had a pokemon mod in 40d that seems to fit nicely in this one.

Retro:
I would hope that rather than getting a new nickname which doesn't at all prevent spoilers, we could simply just use the forum's spoiler command. New players who read "so when you dig too far into the magical clownite and open up the clown car, lots of clowns will pour out and shoot fireballs and kill you" will be able to see through that 'shroud.'

That being said, if a nickname is thrust upon the new Hell by popular use, I'd hope it would be a) new (not clowns again) and b) not Pokemon :P

Candlejack:
Where did calling them clowns come from anyway?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version