Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (0.31.01) (re)Named items  (Read 3977 times)

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
(0.31.01) (re)Named items
« on: April 05, 2010, 01:41:14 am »

I had a giant in the arena. Every few minutes he would bestow a name upon his already-named boot.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (0.31.01) (re)Named items
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 02:13:26 am »

That... is strangely epic in a way I can't quite describe.
I think this should stay in some capacity and the game should keep a record of all the names an item received as well as why it received them. That'd be so awesome.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:18:52 am »

You guys are getting names for items? I have a bronze colossus mass-slaughtering elves and he has yet to name his spear.

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 02:59:18 am »

Maybe it's the situation, Argonnek. My giant was lying unconscious having his face slowly chewed off by a pack of foxes.

I love arena mode.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

fletcherh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:59 pm »

"Irecueniri, Cave Swallow Woman Elite Wrestler has bestowed the name Othaava upon a goblin-cap shield"

... this cave swallow woman was locked in battle with two forgotten beasts, killed one, and when I got tired of seeing this message, I headed down to the caverns to kill the other. Only problem is, Irecueniri flew away. She keeps renaming the shield, even though she dropped it long ago. Its happening about every 5 seconds.

Also: Destroying the shield in my trash compactor did not work. Now I'm going to try to kill Irecueniri.

fletcherh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:48:30 pm »

I should also note: when I save and exit, it does not iterate through the game objects that its cleaning.

fletcherh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:57:01 pm »

wait, scratch that. I just THOUGHT the shield was in my trash compactor. Turns out the offending swallow is lounging around NEAR my compactor which is why it keeps centering my screen on the compactor. My dwarves are ignoring my kill order on her though.

Also, this is 31.03
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:04:14 pm by fletcherh »

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »

I'm getting the same thing:

It's getting a little difficult to play with the game pausing every few seconds for him to rename his hammer

Good lord, I wonder what his kids will be called
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:33:44 pm by Danaru »
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

Servu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:57:37 am »

Had the same bug with a serpent man that spent a couple of years fighting an unkillable forgotten beast. a little cave in took care of that though.

HYPERPOWER!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 11:40:44 am »

Still happening to me in .08. Ever 30 seconds or so, my Militia Commander insists on renaming his crossbow. I'll have a look at the announcements scripts in the .inis I guess. At least I should be able to stop the message from popping up and pausing the game.

- Michael