TomiTapio's changelog for Genesis unofficial releases, 2012:
You'll get my settings files, incl more fun with fort mode combat announcements. Some new dialogue in adventurer chat.
Most civs have towns and soundmessages. You'll hear war cries at bandit camps.
Added White Bronze (CuNi, 75% copper, 25% nickel) and Pentlandite ore (iron and nickel).
Try rock mauls and rock spears, at the stonecutter's.
Try 100 rock pots instead of barrels.
- More tree species and three classes of wood: regular (value 1 birch, fir, cork oak etc.), fairwood (value 2 beech, yellow satinwood), goodwood (value 3 oak, mahogany, teak, maple, ebony, holly etc. real-life furniture woods.) So one can manage which logs go to furniture and which to fuel. Tip: designate with mouse which logs to dump away from the fuel-wood stockpile. Good wood is set to dark red.
- New minerals based on Real Life (fluorspar, biotite(dark iron mica), migmatite, hornfels, greenstone, elvan, zeolite, syenite, scoria, pumice, augite, azurite, corundum, sphene, barite, pegmatite. Pink Marble, Pure[best] Marble, Black Marble[bitumin-darkened limestone] )
Fixed several animals' movement speeds, like sloth, pangolin, deer, reindeer, impala, ocelot, hare.
Genesis crossbows have inbuilt bayonets; go stab some wild boars! Oak and other furniture hardwoods stab better than pine,fir,birch etc.
Creature corpses will appear as their ASCII letters in these versions (Ironhand: tile 255, Phoebus: tile 253)
many BENIGN tags, because Toady made most birds less hostile. I reduce raven frequency from Toady's 100...
Yeah fixed the duplicate PROBOSCIS (insect sucking tube) already for my Ironhand zip. Genesis already had it, and DF 34.04 introduced it.
The full-of-graphics-complaints errorlog is because Toady deleted the skeleton and zombie keywords, now they're ANIMATED or GHOST graphics.
Trying a mass-replace in Ironhand ver... 313 zombie->animated, 351 skeleton->ghost.
material sizes.... *search* largest is now 9... breastplate. WTF, tower shield should be the largest! And robe is sort of bigger than breastplate.
reminder: robes used to be 100% coverage, the ultimate head-to-toe Ironman armor. But then I fixed it.
Worldgen slowed down by "placed farming entity without crops [, discarding this world]"... don't know how to fix it, without making civs not eat.
Axe and sword are best due to chopping limbs off, in my opinion. Depends on how the world has its bleeding parameters (bodypart vascularity: will you lose lots/little blood from losing arm). I have tuned the Genesis pain/bleeding amounts last year. (Spear damages heart: lots of pain, lots of bleeding yay)
.08 changes, 2012-05-14:
More toys and domestic tools to civs. As per vanilla changes, drum and puzzlebox can be made now (hard_mat allowed).
Nerfed beastmen a little, in the natural skills department. And speed down a little.
Beastmen come a little later, and only once a year (winter).
Boosted crossbows and their skill a little.
a few new trees: silver birch, white willow, goat willow (only willow that tolerates dry area), sallow aka grey willow.
yellow birch: fairwood. Good for floors?
Rowan aka Mountain ash, fairwood, unrelated to true ash trees. Quicken, Quickbeam, Wicken, wiggen tree, Witchwood, dogberry. "The wood is tough and strong, and was traditionally used for handles of tools, cart-wheels and planks or beams."
New: [CREATURE:CAT_SWAMP] based on Iriomote cat (a rare type of Leopard cat)
New: [CREATURE:MACAQUE_SNOW] based on Japanese macaque. Shearable like sheep.
Clear zircon is no longer a night creature symbol. (Ironhand-only issue)
Gorilla leather from 10 to 20 value.
.09 changes, 2012-05-17:
- new three-part brain from the Brain Stem project -- not save compatible! Roll a new world.
- on some worlds, Orcs may be evil and at war with you!
- made Pentlandite iron & nickel ore rarer (done testing with it)
- less minerals in my custom worldgen parameters
.09b changes, 2012-05-19:
- Hammerer position copied from vanilla, now appointable much earlier.
- raptors are no longer easy pets like dogs, but pet_exotic.
- batch of steel from ore: updated to have 4x output, as per vanilla. (was 6, now 24 out)
.11 changes, 2012-06-05:
- vanilla's "chainmail is OVER type now"
- mineral frequencies changed. Jet and Slate pricier. Pink marble more common.
- giant versions of several bugs 'n slugs no longer vomit nonstop when hit in the gut.
- the three-part brain's bleeding increased a little - because now can twist embedded mace quite a few times in goblin's head.
.11b changes, 2012-06-29 to 2012-07-07 -- not save compatible, roll a new world.
- demons and illithids come later (trigger 5)
- sylvan elves hate dwarves _already_, and will start wars with them (the Mountain King shouldn't have vomited on the Chalice of Goodwill)
- some minerals appear more often now, like rock salt and calcite
- dread troll is a little better at fighting.
- added creature: goblin adventurer. should attack your adventurer in the wilderness. managed one test encounter with it, but it was animated corpse variant.
- otters bounce away quicker, skunks spray less often. No Hydra taming ever.
- Live Dragon skin thickness boost reduced a little. BEWARE OF DRAGONS. You probably need 3-5 good hits on their brain now.
- Thunderbird skills up a lot (was useless in combat.)
- hella many birds and beasts from PET to PET_EXOTIC (been on todo list for many DF versions)
- wendigo renamed back to Blizzard man.
- try training war moose.
- at altar of nature: sacrifice remains, pray for seeds; sacrifice ashes, pray for log. Reactions improved, more variety in seeds.
- augite is now a layer stone. You will find JADE gemstones now (previously: only in alluvial enviroments). Jade values up.
- grind rock salt at stonecutter's to get a cooking ingredient (very rare desert plant called Salt Crystals. Ignore its seeds and leaves.)
- added Anorthite mineral, find it in gabbro and basalt.
- added Thaumasite mineral, only small clusters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaumasite
- added Nepheline mineral, only small clusters. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepheline
- added Argillite layer stone, ""Argillite...(lithified mud) is a fine-grained sedimentary rock composed predominantly of indurated clay particles. Some petrologists regard argillite as a weakly metamorphosed argillaceous rock, intermediate in character between a claystone and a meta-argillite. It lacks slaty cleavage and is derived from claystone, siltstone, or shale." "The term argillite is used for rocks which are more indurated than claystone or shale but not metamorphosed to slate."
- making stone weapons out of rock and wood at the stonercutter's shop: get four of weapon, because don't need a WHOLE LOG for one weapon shaft.
- with all the stonecutter-shop rock weapons, stone template is now only 300 edge(was 1000), and Chert is 5000. Use also flint, limestone, basalt, dacite, elvan, greenstone, mudstone, marlstone, rhyolite, sandstone,siltstone,mudstone,schist (based on reports I found)
- added Flint mineral, the high-quality chert, find it in chalk, limestone and chert.
- added marlstone layer stone. "Marl or marlstone is a calcium carbonate or lime-rich mud or mudstone which contains variable amounts of clays and silt." halfway between limestone and mudstone.
- added "craft leather bin", much more logical than bin made of granite.
- bleeding amounts tuned once again, so can actually get death by bleeding without limb removal. Bone healing from 1100 to 1900, slower. (it is more epic to have lot of people in the hospital)
- many seed-spores no longer cookable (spores are tiny).
- tallow is edible uncooked now, like the eskimos have seal & whale fat. Cheese never makes miasma.
- did you know your can change the mouse zoom to be more fine-grained? Like 4 steps of screen width per step.
- ascii version: some minerals look very different now, especially the four marbles and the special granites (migmatite, rapagranite)
- new Altar of Nature stuffs, in progress.
.11c changes, 2012-07-08 to
- basic low-quality wood (which should be made into charcoal) no longer allowed for the following:
--ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED] -- .11c no making crossbows and bows out of shitty pine and fir.
--ITEMS_ARMOR] --incl shields I guess
- fairwood is yellow, not the same red as goodwood.
- new weapons: crude maul, crude spear, rock axe (aka crude hand axe).
- new reactions at stonecutter's, make wooden staff, rock mace. Rock club(some are brittle so they break upon testing, 30% production chance, but no logs needed. try weapon traps full of rock clubs.)
- edged rock weapon requires a specific class of stone now (which I researched on the web. either knapping-type conchoidal-fracture stone like flint, or sandstone-like that POLISHES well.)
- many other stonecutter shop things now require [REACTION_CLASS:EDGEDWEAPONROCK] stone. No more arrows, flasks, edged trap components and screw pumps of brittle stones! Use what the stone age men used!
- altar of nature changes. Sacrifice cheese?
- cartilage, horn, hoof now heal slowly. Good if you're a big-eared curved-horns demon.
- Ironhand sedimentary tile changes, some look like sand now.
- Phoebus: Lime Hornfels no longer looks like a bee.
- Phoebus: three water vermin got better tile, like cave leech.
- frequency of my Pentlandite up. (iron + nickel + minor cobalt)
- less cobaltite! more garnierite! (I gotten tired of all-cobaltite gear because cobalt plentiful)
- more GOLD should be in the ground now.
- remember, an armful/haulful of wood is 19-36kg. So the beds and tables are pretty lightweight, for throwing.
- new reaction at stonecutter's: craft magmasafe blocks (which are required for craft rock anvil.)
- nerfing beastmen some more.
- craft wooden staff, craft wooden spear. Both at furniture shop, both require fairwood or goodwood. But for traps use wooden trapcomp BLUDGEON not wooden staff. Staff is balanced for humanoid use and lighter.
- Altar of War: now need one anvil, three magmasafe blocks, and three HEARTS to build and consecrate it.
- Altar of Nature: to build, two logs of fairwood or goodwood, two wooden staffs, and three BRAINS.
- new kitchen reactions: feed meat (incl.offal) to pets, feed fat to pets, feed tallow to pets. For more realism, and get rid of excess meat&fat.