Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Winning'  (Read 4649 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Winning'
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 09:06:41 am »

Of course, you just need to get animal rights to L+ to recruit bunnies, not the other ones. And indeed, you Conservative pollution and nuclear power laws for them to exist in the first place, so you're definitely not going to win the game in two months.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:31 pm »

Er, no, you need conservative pollution and nuclear to get MUTANTS... you can get flaming bunnies all the time, AFAIK.
Besides that, you can't really target specific laws in LCS... the only time you can get specific issues to change is during the Propositions phase of election time. Other than that, it's just a matter of flipping the senate and house and supreme court and president.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 02:11:59 pm »

What? Sure you can target specific laws. Change the public opinion on an issue, and non-elite politicians will be compelled to comply. At least that's how I THOUGHT it worked. Only raid the geneticists, and you'll get a single-issue country.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 02:54:56 pm »

nope, there already was a discussion about that on another thread. You can't target specific issues. Or

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51184.0

says so anyhow.

Quote:

"Okay, Kay12, this is what you'll need to pay attention to:

Code: [Select]        if(vote>=-1&&vote<=1)vote+=LCSrandom(3)-1;
What this state is that, if a Congressman is not C+ or L+, the game will randomly determine his politcal position. Popular opinion have no effect.

So, the views of a C congressman would start of as a -1. The game randomly ads a number between 0 and 2, and then subtracts 1. So, a C Congressman's political views will range from C+ to M. Note this though: A C Congressman have a 33% chance of supporting a C+ proposal, but a 66% chance of supporting C or M proposals!"

So, no targetting specific laws. That's two strikes in a row against your info giving skills then.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 03:52:33 pm »

Bu... buh... BUT WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE SPECIFIC ISSUES IF WE CAN'T TARGET THEM!!? IT MAKES NO SENSE! AAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

Soadreqm cancels type: Went insane.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 04:54:44 am »

Also one more thing to make 'winning' the game cooler, which is better? someone who is totally badass and goes on one man assaults against everything and then wades through swat teams etc to go back and eat so bullets or a squad composed of flaming bunnies that like to melt peoples faces off and then wear them as masks?

Just asking since these are the only two squads of mine that have succceeded  ;D
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 07:58:26 pm »

Bu... buh... BUT WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE SPECIFIC ISSUES IF WE CAN'T TARGET THEM!!? IT MAKES NO SENSE! AAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!

You can target specific issues, but Congress won't care about those issues. They're either hyper-partisans or randomly pick their political beliefs out of the hat. The November Propositions do care about specific issues though...but that's because the population vote on these issues directly, rather than their represenatives.

The general population also vote for politicans based on a random issue. The people choose a random issue to care about, and then vote for the politican they feel match that issue (so a person wanting L gay marriage will vote for a L politican).

You can also affect how 'Important' an issue is, by releasing special editions and doing terror attacks. More Important issues tend to be brought up more often in Congress, the Supreme Court, and the ballot box.

Note that to confirm all this, I have to look at the code, and I'm too lazy to do that at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:01:07 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:08 am »

The general population also vote for politicans based on a random issue. The people choose a random issue to care about, and then vote for the politican they feel match that issue (so a person wanting L gay marriage will vote for a L politican).

As far as I know (I'm at work so I don't have time for source diving, as much as I'd like to) congressmen can be elected based on a single issue, but senator votes are based on multiple issues. A congressman can get enough votes by simply bashing animal testing but a senator has to appeal to a wider range of opinions.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04
Pages: 1 [2]