Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Community Combat Balance Overhaul: Removed unkillable Undead! new links.  (Read 51045 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Combat Balance Overhaul: Removed unkillable Undead! new links.
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2010, 02:31:05 am »

Huh, finally figured out why organ damage has been eluding me.  50,000 elasticity is a "magic" number.  At 50,000 elasticity and up, blunt trauma will never tear a tissue, while at 49,999 and down, realistic values for muscle (unless I did some math wrong or something) result in it getting "torn apart" by every punch.

What I don't get here is that I see fat being torn by warhammers constantly. What gives? Fat has 50,000 for every one of its elasticity values. What's going on here?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2010, 07:22:44 pm »

What I don't get here is that I see fat being torn by warhammers constantly. What gives? Fat has 50,000 for every one of its elasticity values. What's going on here?

If you're seeing that with my mod, it'd be the modded warhammers with spikes.  Otherwise, not sure.  It could be due to vanilla warhammers having a very small striking area.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2010, 07:33:10 pm »

Referring to vanilla warhammers, yes. I'm pretty sure I've seen it with mauls, too, although I'll have to check again.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 23, 2010, 01:13:39 pm »

Arrkhal, have you done any more work on your materials mod? Or does it seem to be pretty stable at this point?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2010, 12:49:40 pm »

Thanks to everyone who worked on this mod!  It's nice to have effective hammerdwarves!

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

posting for updates.
No longer will I lose my High Master Wrestler to a goat.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Will this work with .04?

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I put it on my .04 with no problems.
There's still bugs, but I think it works.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Thanks

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So Arrkhal, do you have any plans to update the combat overhaul to reflect the material changes of 31.06?

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to see this updated too.  While it may be good striking practice to give all my guys hammers and send them after wildlife, I'd like to have alternatives to axes that i wouldnt be stupid for using.

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have downloaded this and am using it in the object testing arena.. I just pit 100 humans vs. 100 humans with no skill in hammer with iron mauls against each other and the only deaths are the occasional suffocation from a bruised lung and people dying from having a maul twisted around in their upper body... I just completely crushed ones skull 3 times and he is in extreme pain, yet his skull is only "dripping blood" and really, I'm not seeing much difference for blunt weapons.

I genned a new world so don't say that's why. It may just be the way Toady programmed the game.... one day blunt weapons will be better.

BUT, swords are awesome.
first charging stab tore up a few guts and then sliced some legs off.

haha I threw my sword at someone, that lodged in their legs, then stabbed them with a spear "from the side on the throat" then switched control, pulled the sword out and killed the guy that stabbed me. That's how awesome swords are.

NOTE: I'm not sure whether or not to add [CIRCULATION] (i think thats the tag) to the throat and neck, because, a cut/stab/maul to the throat would create some intense bleding, aswell as suffocation

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is dead I believe.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2013, 12:19:00 pm »

For sure a necromancer will revive it, no problem  :)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]