Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81]

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread  (Read 102425 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods II: an RP Thread
« Reply #1200 on: July 10, 2008, 07:51:44 pm »

((Woo hoo, 1200th post!  Sorry I've been gone for a while.  I was in a possessed mood, but I was lacking Inspiration.  Lucky, we got a shipment from the last caravan.  It's still isn't finished, but I'm on a roll, so it should be done by the end of the day.))

Turn 39:

Leef walked into the clearing which housed his family’s nest and cookfire.  His mother was there, working on the stew that was to be that night’s supper.  It was a combination of tomatoes, potatoes, celery, carrots, a veritable slew of spices, and a little bit of rabbit meat.  Leef wasn’t particularly fond of rabbit, but the spices usually covered up the taste, so his mother declined to tell him what type of meat it was, and Leef remained blissfully unaware that his stew had something he disliked in it.  But it wasn’t Leef’s eating habits which his mother worried about when she saw her son; it was his appearance.  Leef was coated, head to hoof, in splotches of what looked to be blood.  As any good mother should, she panicked.  Dropping the knife and the carrots she was peeling, she ran over to her son, franticly asking, “Are you hurt?  Where are you bleeding?” 

Leef giggled and replied, “It’s not mine, Mom.”

Somewhat relived, his mother was still rather anxious.  “What in the world have you been doing?”

Leef’s smile broadened, “Riet was teaching us how to make things get better.  There was a sheep that got attacked by a wolf, and the herder went and told Riet.  So we all got to go to the field where the sheep was.  When we got there, the sheep was covered in blood and it kept on bleeding, so Riet told me to go and make it better.  And I did!  It stopped bleeding and the herder said it would be able to walk in a few days.”

At the short summery of her son’s exploits, Leef’s mother began to smile with pride.  “You did a good job.  I bet the herder and the sheep were very thankful.” 

“They sure were!  The herder said if I ever needed anything, he would be glad to help, and the sheep started whining when I started to go away.”

Laughing softly and wiping away her son’s blood-matted hair, she commented, “You need a bath.”

Leef scowled at this, and sullenly replied, “I don’t wanna.”

“Doesn’t matter if you want one, you need one.  You look like one of those zombies from Adem’s scary stories.”  Seeing his face brighten at such a suggestion, she reminded him, “That’s not a good thing.”  She turned him around and pushed him towards the nearby stream.  “Now go on and wash up; if you hurry, you can help me with dinner.”

Leef grudgingly trudged off towards the stream, comforting himself with the fact that, if he couldn’t be a zombie, he could at least be a giant carp.  His mother sighed; whatever was she going to do with that child?  Sometimes he seemed so bright, and other times he acted like he was three years old.  Wondering at what her husband would say should she suggest they have another, she picked up the knife she had dropped, wiped it off, and began peeling again.

Leef returned about a half hour later, willing to help his mother with the daily cooking.  She set him to work, stirring the pot to make sure the stew didn’t burn.  Leef attacked his task with a vengeance, and some of the broth started sloshing out of the pot.  His mother quickly noticed this, and mentioned, “You know, I had to haul the water for that broth all the way from the stream.  It was quite a task, just me and this big old pot.  And then I spent a full hour getting it to where it is now, and you’re just casually letting such an effort go to waste.”  Leef’s face reddened, and, duly chastised for such a waste of food, he slowed his pace down to a more reasonable level.  His mother smiled.  “That’s better.”

As he stirred, Leef began to think about what had happened to the sheep.  “Mom,” he asked, “why did the wolf attack the sheep?”

His mother thought about the question for a moment, and then responded simply, “Because it was hungry.”

Leef, however, refused to be put off by such a simple answer.  “Then why did the herder stop it?”

“Because the herder wanted to protect his sheep.”

“So was the wolf being bad?”

“No, the wolf was just doing what wolves do.”

“So the herder was being bad.”

“No, the herder was doing what herders do.”

“But the herder and the wolf were fighting.  Doesn’t one of them have to be the bad guy?”

Leef’s mother smiled at her son’s innocence.  “Whenever there is a fight, each side likes to think that the other is a bad guy.  And sometimes one of them is right.  But other times, they are both wrong, and no one is the bad guy.  It’s really hard to tell.  You just have to go with what your heart tells you.”

Leef thought about this for a moment.  “But what should you do if there is no bad guy?”

“Sometimes, it’s just best to do what you did: wait for the fight to be over, and heal everyone who is hurt.”

~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~≈~

It was the night of Dronkenacht.  All the Ipetian people were gathered together at Wijnfontein to celebrate the finishing of the temple.  Only a skeleton crew of scouts was left to patrol the border.  Those from Buigend Reit had traveled long and far to see such a sight.  It had taken the better part of a season to gather them all, but it was well worth it.  This was to be the finest moment in Ipetian history.  The symbol of their achievement, the temple, was undoubtedly the grandest thing Ipetians had ever built.  It was over a hundred meters in diameter, with over two hundred monoliths towering over the people.  At its center was the winespring, which was now bubbling at a fevered pitch.  It was surrounded by three concentric rings of stones which rose five meters into the air.  Every pair of monoliths supported a third which rested sideways upon them.  The last stone was to be above the entrance.

While many of the other stones were erected using a complex system of pulleys provided by the Roshani, the last was to be hauled up a long dirt ramp to its final resting place in the traditional Ipetian manner.  A sledge and wooden rollers would be used until the final moments, when the rock would have to be slid across the ground and onto its sister stones.  Literally hundreds of Ipetians would be needed for this work, but there was no shortage of volunteers.

Riet stood in front of all the people, volunteers at the ropes, with everyone else arrayed to watch the spectacle.  He was on a small hill, and, in view of the crowd, began to give a speech.  “My people, tonight will be our greatest night on this earth.  Tonight, we finish that which we began over six years ago, the Great Temple of Fenneth!”  Cheers followed, but the crowd quickly quieted as Riet continued to speak.  “Fenneth provided us with this glorious winespring, so that all the people could come together in joy and peace.  And now, we fulfill his request; that we will always remember who we are, where we came from, and who has led us to this land of plenty!”  The crowd began chanting the god’s name, and Riet let them continue for a while.  When he sensed that the chanting was growing into a fevered pitch, he shouted above the voices, “So now, let us complete this temple, all of us, together; so that we may all say, ‘This is our temple.  We built it with our own hands, and it shall never fall!’”

The crowd cheered franticly, and with a great heave, the stone began to move.  All the ropes were as taunt as bowstrings, with dozens of Ipetians on each.  Leef and his parents were at the front of their rope, pulling together in unison.  They could feel the shudder of the stone as it moved along its rollers.  They could hear the groaning and creaking as the logs felt the weight of the stone falling heavily upon them.  Suddenly, a nearby Ipetian slipped, and a cloud of dust sprang up into Leef’s face.  He dropped the rope, and clutched his face as the dirt stung his eyes.  “Sorry!” said the Ipetian,  “You alright?”

“Oww, this really stings,” answered Leef.

“Why don’t you go and find a bucket of water somewhere?” suggested his father, “We’ll be fine until you get back.”  Leef nodded, and scurried away into the crowd.  He kept bumping into people, until a kindly old woman agreed to show him the way to a refreshment table.  They were sure to have water there.

Riet watched as the huge stone inched its way up towards the pinnicle.  Finally, nine years after Fenneth had told him to build, this temple would be finished.  Too bad Nietzsche couldn’t see it, but he was still in the Roshanian capital.  Riet laughed to himself; funny how things can turn out.  Nietzsche had obstructed Riet and sought to overthrow him, but now he was one of Riet’s strongest supporters.

As the monolith was pulled up the hill, Riet sensed that something was wrong.  But he couldn’t figure out exactly what it was.  Afterwards, he realized it was that the Ipetians on the left side were slipping far more often than the Ipetians on the right.  But at the moment he didn’t know what was wrong until the ground began to crumble away.  The left side of the dirt ramp had been poorly packed, and it was beginning to show its faults.  Huge clumps of dirt started raining down on the haulers below.  Lines began to loosen, and the stone began to list to the side.  Someone started screaming, then another, and another, until the whole population was shouting out in horror.  Riet began to cry out, “Get back!  Get back!”  but no-one heard him.  Slowly, the rock began to fall.

At the base of the ramp, the haulers saw what was happening, and they immediately started to fall back.  There was a rush as bodies, pressed together, tried to escape the death from above.  Leef’s parents were at the edge of this crowd, being two of the nearest to the stone.  Without warning, Leef’s mother found herself entangled in one of the ropes.  She struggled to free herself, but the knotted ropes proved too tangled for her to loose by herself.  Her husband, seeing this, immediately turned about to help his wife.  Together, they struggled against the ropes, until the giant monolith, tumbling down, crushed them beneath its massive weight.

Leef stumbled around in the crowd; his eyes still stung, but he had to find his parents.  Where were they?  He moved against the sea of people, seeking his parents towards the back.  Finally, he came to the edge of the crowd.  He had passed through unscathed.  Running back and forth along the wall of people, he searched to no avail.  As he turned around to make one last pass, he saw an arm sticking out from underneath the stone.  On the wrist was a bracelet, made of a deep mahogany.  Leef recognized it as the one he had made and given to his mother.

no,” he whispered.  It couldn’t be, it couldn’t be.  His mother, she had to be alive.  “No” She couldn’t be dead, she couldn’t be under that rock, he had just seen her a few minutes ago.  “no” He hadn’t said goodbye.  Dad said they would be fine.  “No,” there was no way they could be gone.   “no” it was impossible.  “No” he couldn’t let that happen.  He wouldn’t let that happen.  “NOOO!!!”

Riet watched as Leef charged towards the stone.  He realized a part of what had happened, and knew what Leef was about to do.  The crowd had grown silent at Leef’s cries, and had become still.  “Keep moving,” shouted Riet, “Move, Move, MOVE!!”  The crowd started again, a ring of people growing away from where the stone lay.  Riet watched as Leef slammed both his palms down onto the ground.

Wolk arrived, panting, at Riet’s side.  “What’s wrong?  What are we running from?”

Riet answered, “Leef, down there.  He’s one of the plainshaper children, and I think his parents are crushed under the rock.”

“Then we should help him,” suggested Wolk.

“You don’t understand,” replied Riet, “A plainshaper’s power can increase dramatically with sufficient emotion.  Leef is going to do something big, and I worry that, in his attempts to draw Life from the Earth, he will draw some instead from the people surrounding him.  He’s not trained enough yet.  He doesn’t know how to control himself.”  At this, the ground began to quake.  The pillars of the temple swayed, but stayed upright.  Suddenly, a branch shot out from under the stone.  Then another, and yet another.  They grew at an incredible pace, rushing around and quickly encircling the stone.  As they finished wrapping around, the stone began to rise.  Two pillars of wood were growing beneath it.  As the giant trees moved towards the sky, their growth accelerated.  Faster and faster the stone moved, until it was over twenty meters in the air.  Only then did the pace begin to slow, and at thirty meters, it had stopped all together.

Riet saw Leef, surrounded by dead grass, collapse under his own weight.  He rushed forward towards the child, pushing his way through the crowd, which had slowed again.  When he reached the edge, he galloped as fast as he could towards Leef, who was lying on his side.  When Riet reached him, he saw that Leef was shaking uncontrollably.  In between sobs, he kept whispering, “No, please…please.”  Riet took him up in his arms and turned his pupil’s face from the gory sight.  There, where the stone had lain, was a pool of blood and flesh, crushed under the inconceivable weight of the stone.  The only recognizable piece was the arm, lying at the edge of the carnage. 

Leef continued to sob uncontrollably.  Riet embraced him, wishing that there was some way to alleviate the poor boy’s grief.  A solemn voice next to him said, “is there anything I can do?”

Riet looked over his shoulder and saw little Onschuld, the youngest of the plainshapers.  Riet turned his head towards the pool of blood and flesh, “This is no sight for a child.  See if you can cover it up.”  Onschuld nodded, took a few seeds out of a pouch at his side, and buried them under a small covering of dirt.  Riet watched as, with agonizing slowness, a carpet of ivy moved across the ground.  After what seemed like an eternity, the blood of the dead was covered with the leaves of the living.  Riet clutched Leef’s head and gave the boy a shoulder to cry on.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 01:20:16 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 11, 2008, 11:16:42 am »

Poor Leef. All that happens for me this turn is the message from the new setlement (SH*T ROBOTS!) Gets to the capital, Gouozi with five soldiers force marches in that direction. Ididn't think that it was worth a map.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 11, 2008, 12:02:50 pm »

OOC: Id like to note here that im going to be away from saturday to wednesday. We're going to the weddings of one relative, and going to stay awhile at our summer house at the same trip.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 11, 2008, 09:58:13 pm »

((The continuing saga of Leef's Sorrow.  Thank you strife for that "poor Leef."  It tells me that I can, at least, make some semblance of tragedy.))

Turn 39 (continued):

As the world became quiet, save for the sounds of Leef’s soft sobs, a light appeared over the temple.  No one noticed it until the ground became illuminated by its radiance.  Those who had not been at the Winespring three years ago were confused, but the others informed them in soft whispers.  It was Fenneth!  The god had come!

The light slowly descended but, unlike before, it moved towards where Riet and Leef sat together upon the ground.  As the light touched the earth, the god stepped out.  He had a sorrowful look upon his face, and his head was hung low.  Leef stopped crying and looked up into the god’s eyes.  He stuttered, “Why?”   Fenneth remained silent.  Leef swallowed and asked again, “Why?”

Fenneth closed his eyes.  After a long pause, he slowly answered “I’m afraid…I can’t answer that.”

Leef’s sorrow slowly turned to rage.  “What do you mean?  You don’t know?  You don’t want to tell me?  Answer me!”  Fenneth was silent.  Leef stood up.  “It’s your fault they’re dead!  If you hadn’t wanted this stupid temple, they would still be alive!”

“Leef…” said Riet, putting a hand on the child’s shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” shouted Leef, pulling away. “It’s your fault too!  You’re the one who wanted it built this way.  You were supposed to watch over everyone!”  Seeing the crowd of people watching him, he cried out to them, “It’s your fault too!  You didn’t build the ramp right!  You didn’t hold the stone up!  It’s your fault!  It’s everybody’s fault!  Everybody’s!!”

With this, Leef collapsed back into uncontrollable weeping.  Fenneth looked at the poor child, huddled on the ground, shaking as sobs racked his body.  Softly he asked, “Even yours?”

Leef continued to weep, “I couldn’t save them.  I couldn’t save them.  They needed me, and I couldn’t help them.”  Riet moved over and put his arm around Leef’s shoulder again. 

Fenneth too approached the boy, and, putting his fingers under Leef’s chin, raised the boy’s eyes to meet his.  “It’s not your fault.  It’s nobody’s fault, merely the way of the world.”

Leef continued to tremble.  “Please, can’t you bring them back?”  Fenneth was silent.  “Please, I’ll do anything.  Just one more minute.  Please.”

Fenneth looked into the boy’s tear-stained eyes.  Sorrow met him.  He sighed deeply, and turned towards the center of the temple.  “Come with me.”  Slowly, he walked towards the Winespring.

Riet helped Leef to his feet, and they joined Fenneth as he walked among the stone pillars.  He looked downcast, his head bowed, staring at the ground as he walked.  Behind the three, the crowd followed.  What was the god going to do?  Was it possible he could bring Leef’s parents back from the dead?  If he was, then why was he so sad?

Fenneth finally reached the Winespring and stopped.  The crowd following him stopped as well.  Fenneth straightened up, and looked over his shoulder.  “You should be happy, Leef.  What I am about to do, I have never done before, nor will do again.  I swear this.”  With that, he plunged his hands into the bubbling Winespring.

At first, there was no change.  The crowd was hushed expectantly, but as the minutes dragged on, everyone began to get fidgety.  Whispers started to rush through the sea of people.  Only Riet and Leef remained perfectly still, watching, waiting.  Without warning, Fenneth lifted his head and gave a great cry.  Trembling in obvious pain, he shouted towards the heavens, “COME OUT!!”  With that, the Winespring ceased to bubble.  Instead, a small hemisphere of wine appeared at the center of the spring.  It grew and grew, until the entire spring was surrounded by an opaque dome of wine.  Fenneth cried out once again, and yanked his arms out of the spring.  The wine fell back into its place and, standing in the center of the pool, were Leef’s parents.

Everyone was awestruck.  The dead had come back to the living!  Leef was, quite naturally, overcome with emotions.  All the tears of sorrow instantly became tears of joy.  Trembling, he asked, “Mom?  Dad?”

The pair smiled as they looked at him.  “Hello Leef,” they said in unison.  Leef was too happy for words.  He ran into the Winespring, and met with his parents in an embrace. 

Fenneth smiled weakly as he felt the child’s joy washing over him.  He hated to break that joy, Leef needed to know now, before he became too attached to his parents.  “Leef, there is something I have to tell you.”  Leef turned around, his parents at his side.  Sighing, Fenneth continued, “My power will only last through the night.  When morning dawns, your parents will have to leave.  I’m sorry, but this is the best I can do.”  Looking at the inert Winespring, he commented, “I suppose it is still Dronkenacht.”  He gestured, and the geyser of wine shot up into the air.

The crowd was awed yet again.  They all surged forward, hoping to speak with those who had returned from the dead.  No one save Riet noticed as Fenneth slipped quietly away into the night.  Riet followed him, and caught up with the god near the two trees that Leef had made.  Riet was silent for a moment, and then, boldly stepping forward, said, “I thought you couldn’t control Life or Death.”

The god replied, “I can’t.”

“Then what was tha…”

“Those aren’t his parents, Riet.”

Riet was stunned.  “Then what the hell are they?”

Fenneth sighed again, “They are the closest I can get.  They are the personification of everyone’s knowledge of them, coupled with their own knowledge.  To all appearances, they are his parents.  But their souls, those are beyond my reach.”

Riet stammered, “Why would you create such a monstrosity?  Something that looked, acted, even felt alive, but was merely a mockery of life?”

Fenneth turned around and looked Riet in the eyes.  “Do you know how hard it is for a god of joy to see a child cry?  It feels like my heart had been ripped out, leaving an empty hole in my chest.  And it doesn’t go away.  It eats at me, until there is nothing left.  I had to do it, for my sake as much as Leef’s.  He would have never known joy again if I had done nothing.  He would have slipped into melancholy until he either starved to death or committed suicide.  As it is, I’m still leading him along a dangerous path.   If Leef were thinking clearly right now, he would see that there was something strange with their Life.  That’s why I can only let them exist for one night.”

Riet sighed in understanding, and looked down at the veil of vines Onschuld had made.  “So, what now?”

Fenneth turned to the ivy too.  “Right now, I think it’s best that we give these two a proper burial.  Onschuld’s vines are beautiful, but the dead should be laid to rest in the Earth, not atop it.”

Riet nodded.  “I’ll go get some shovels.”

“No need,” replied Fenneth.  He walked on over to the tree and held his hand against the wood.  Two branches grew out, perfectly formed in the shape of shovels.  Riet cocked his eyebrow, and Fenneth gave a small smile, “Being a god of fertility does have its advantages.”

Riet chuckled softly, and the two began their grim work.  Pulling back the ivy, Riet asked, “What if people see us?”

Fenneth gazed in the direction of the Winespring.  “I think that unlikely.  If they do, it’s easy enough to make them not know who we are or what we’re doing.”  Turning his attention back to the gory sight, he noticed the arm lying at the edge, the bracelet still on its wrist.  He bent down and gingerly picked up the arm, placed it in the center, and gently pulled off the bracelet.

Riet saw this, but declined to comment.  Instead, he broke a shovel off the tree, and began to bury the circle of blood and flesh.  Fenneth stared at the bracelet for another moment, then slipped it into a pocket and followed suit.  They used the dirt from the poorly built ramp, and shovel full after shovel full, began to conceal the bloody ground.  As they dug, they remained silent, working wordlessly to cover the smashed bodies with a decently thick layer of dirt.  When they were finished, a small hill rose between the two trees, covering the terrible spot. 

Fenneth nodded, pleased with their work, and covered the knoll with the ivy carpet.  Then he looked up, held out his had, and said to Riet, “Come with me.”  Riet grasped the god’s hand, and together, they rose through the air.  Riet was naturally a bit unnerved by the experience, but there was no real problem.  They glided silently to the top of the stone, where they landed.

Fenneth held out his hand and asked for Riet’s shovel.  Riet obliged him, and Fenneth balanced the two bits of wood in an A shape.  Then, Fenneth pressed his hand against them, and Riet watched as the two shovels became nothing more than branches on the trees.  Where they met, a little hollow was formed.  Fenneth pulled out the bracelet from his pocket, and placed it in the hollow.  His job completed, the god bowed to the impromptu marker, and said “Rest in Peace.”  Riet bowed as well, and they both turned out to watch the celebration.

“You know,” said Fenneth, “I’ve made a terrible mistake.”

“How so?” asked Riet.

“Now that the dead have come back to life here, I have given them a place they cannot leave.  This stone that we are standing on will become known as the Stone of Blood, and the Winespring will be renamed as the Spring of Life.  First stories, then legends and eventually myths will spring up about this place.  People will swear the spring has strange healing powers; which, of course, it does not.  They will debate the significance of entering through death and moving to life.  All in all, this will be come a place even more sacred than before, and leaving will be impossible.  Eventually, they shall die defending this place, this ‘holy ground.’”

Riet nodded in understanding.  “Perhaps it’s not so bad.  The Ipetians finally have a home.”

Fenneth chuckled.  “I thought that, ‘Home is where your family and friends are, where there are people that love you, where you are always welcome, no matter what.’”

Fenneth remembered his words to Onschuld from almost two years ago.  He smiled and said, “Then we have to make sure all Ipetians are always welcome here.”

Fenneth smiled too.  “I guess so.”  Sighing, he continued, “while we’re on the subject of friends and family, you do know that Leef is an only child.”  Riet nodded.  “His parents were only children too.  He has no aunts or uncles, and his grandparents died several years back.  What I’m getting at is that Leef is now an orphan, with no family left.  I want you to become his surrogate father.”

Riet was somewhat stunned.  “I don’t know if I’d make a good adoptive father.  After all, I’m traveling more often than not, and I have a civilization to lead.”

“As to the traveling, you can take him with you.  There is a great future ahead for Leef, and I want you to be the one to guide him.  And for the leadership, it would be good for you to learn delegation of responsibilities.”  Riet opened his mouth to voice more objections, but Fenneth interrupted him.  “There’s also the matter of you being his closest kin.”

“What?  I don’t have any kin on this world.  They all died before we moved through the portal.”

“On the contrary,” corrected Fenneth, “Leef is your second-cousin’s great-great-grandson.  A loose connection at best, but technically you are his closest relative.”

Riet sighed, “Alright, I’ll take the job.  I can’t promise it will turn out well, but I’ll do my best.  While you’re making demands, is there anything else I can do for you?”

Fenneth smiled, “Actually, yes.  Two things: first, you need to establish a ring of scouting outposts to provide early warnings in the case of an invasion attempt.”

Riet nodded, “Alright, that should be easy enough.  What’s the second thing?”

Fenneth continued, “The second thing is that I need you and Leef to go to the Roshanian capital.  There, you will search for plainshapers among the Roshanian children.  Leef should be an immense help in that regard.”

Riet looked disgruntled, “How many will I find?”

Fenneth shrugged his shoulders and answered noncommittally, “Maybe none, maybe a hundred.  Who can tell?”

Riet sighed, “You’re impossible, you know that?”

Fenneth simply smiled, “Yep.”  And with that, the god began to float upwards into the night sky.

Riet, of course, was slightly panicked, because he was still standing on a stone suspended over 30 meters in the air, with no obvious way to the ground.  “How do I get down?” he called to the receding god.

“Jump,” was the answer.

Riet shook his head, closed his eyes, and leapt off the stone platform.  He began falling, the ground was rushing towards him; he wasn’t slowing down!  Then, suddenly, there was a jerk, and Riet slowed just enough to hit the ground without injuring himself.  He got up, dusted himself off, and said simply, “That god is going to be the death of me.”  He thought he heard laughter coming from the sky.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 02:37:50 pm by Frelock »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 12, 2008, 03:43:21 am »

turn 42 winter

Again, my move will wait for Nhipanter
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 12, 2008, 04:02:06 pm »

♣♣│♣♣....⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
♣♣└≈≈─○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.♣♣♣│⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
..⌂▲○▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ð▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
.⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲║▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂○┐..♣♣E.÷. ▲▲▲⌂⌂○⌂⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲∞══∞═╗⌂⌂▲○▲ ▲▲⌂....└┐..♣♣♣#. ⌂⌂⌂♣♣│♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲ð▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲╔╝~~~~╚═∞▲│▲ ▲z♣♣♣...≈≈.....♣ ♣...┌┘♣♣♣⌂☼s═╝▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲∞╝~~⌂⌂~~~║▲│▲ ▲▲⌂♣♣♣.≈≈≈≈..... ┌─┐.│...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂▲▲⌂~⌂∞‼╡▲ ▲▲z═z╦═z≈≈Z──┐.. │.└─≈≈─────○▲▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲┌┘▲ ▲▲║⌂╚╣♣┌┘....└#─ ┘....≈...♣♣.⌂▲▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼‼┘▲▲ ▲▲║⌂♣z.│.....⌂↑↑ ........♣♣♣♣┌○▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂○⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲‼══╗ ▲⌂Y♣♣..│...⌂⌂#~↑ .........♣♣♣│⌂▲▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│⌂▲▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○▲▲╚ ╞‼e....╪..⌂⌂~║~. .>........♣♣│⌂⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣│♣⌂▲ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ ⌂⌂...⌂.│..⌂⌂~╠═# ≈≈≈≈≈≈....♣♣│♣⌂▲
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐δ⌂ ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲♥▲▲▲⌂⌂. .♣..⌂⌂⌂└v┐..╔╝≈» ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....│♣♣§
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂♣└┐⌂ ⌂⌂⌂○▲▲▲▲Å╗▲▲⌂... ♣♣♣♣.t...├──Θ»≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈..┌≈≈♣♥
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂⌂│♣ ♣⌂⌂│⌂⌂▲⌂⌂║⌂⌂..Å♣ ♣╔═╗♣♣.♣♣│....≈≈ ≈≈↑↑⌂≈≈≈≈≈.│.≈♣♣
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..┌─┴─ ─┐δ≈⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂Å..Å÷♣♣ ╔╝≈╚╗♣♣♣┌┘....≈≈ ≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈─┘...~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲○──┘.⌂♣ ♣└─≈≈⌂⌂....┌──çt─æ≈≈≈╨─┬═Θ♣...P»≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈....~~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂..⌂⌂⌂ ♣♣≈≈δδ────æ┘...♣ ♣>¥♣♣♣└─┘♣...≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈...╔£.~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂⌂⌂... .♣♣♣δ..♣..♣♣♣..♣ ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞♥╞..≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑↑↑↑£╝▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲^▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~. .♣♣.║♣.♣♣♣♣♣♣♣.. ♣♣♣♣♣♣╞╞..≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈»ææ⌂¥⌂▲▲▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~~~~~~ .♣♣♣║.Φ≡.♣♣♣♣t.. .♣♣♣♣⌂¥⌂æ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲▲⌂▲⌂~~~
▲▲▲▲⌂⌂▲⌂~~~~~~~~ .♣..RΦΦΦ══ΦΦΦ... ♣♣♣..¥♥¥≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲⌂⌂.⌂▲▲⌂~~
▲▲⌂⌂~~⌂~~~~~~~~~ ......Φ....Φ.... .....⌂⌂»≈≈≈»≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈¥¥▲♀..♀.▲⌂⌂~↑
⌂⌂~~≈≈≈≈≈↑↑⌂⌂~~~ δδ...≈≈≈........ ..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈¥▲▲⌂≈≈♀▲⌂~↑≈
~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂▲▲▲▲ δ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.¥.≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲⌂.⌂▲⌂~~~
≈≈≈↑↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂⌂ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥═¥≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂▲▲▲▲▲▲⌂~~
≈≈≈≈⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈.↑≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈↑⌂¥▲↑¥¥≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂⌂▲▲▲▲⌂⌂
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈↑⌂⌂▲♥⌂~~≈≈≈≈ ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌂⌂▲▲⌂~

Growth list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Projects:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
 - Winjfountain (Dronkenacht. Turn 39) -

"What a great lose for that poor child" tought Issha who has traveled here incognito as normal Roshani. "That you send your messengers to Karatomca is good thing my friend. The hidden bloodline of the dragon is still sleeping among my people" he spoke to himself as he weaved an illusion around the other God and riet to disguise what they are doing.

- Letorithma -

The Docks were done and were one of the best Roshanian Construction. 300 Meters long and 300 Meters Broad they were the Perfect Constructionsite for the great Project so beautiful that there Ancenstors would be more then Proud.

In the last months the Masters of Beton had begun to construct the fist plates for the "thraaril" the great swiming Town and Temple for Issha.

- near Stretiaslu -

An gate opened between the stony hils near the half frozen Brook and out of the gate falls an young roshanian girl.

"Shit Shit Shit. ..." The girl breathed hard "ok. By the great Ghosts close you fucking Bridge to a mechanisized hell!".

The strings of Room and time shifted again and The Gate between the worlds closed cutting the arm of the Demon that was coming after the girl.
"Quite close i think. ..." The girl looked around "... Where am i coyote? Is that some Kind of reservat."
"No. Down! GCS!" answered the canine Voice of the coyote ghost.
The girl ducked with unroshanian speed as the Leg of an grand giant cave Spider cuted the air over the girl. She drawed an short obsidian sword and jumped propulsed by her Magic on the Back of the GCS. On the back of the GCS she burried the Razorsharp blade of the sword deep in the chitinplating. In the next moment a shudder goes throught the Body of the spider and it collapsed by its own weight.

Again she breathed hard.
"Thanks cojote ..." she said as she drawed her sword out of the creature. the sword was Broken. "What by all? What happend to Blade i thought it was undestructable?"
"It was on the other world because it was bound to the planet itself." ansewered an the high pitched voice of another Ghost. This time it was Turin an eagle-ghost.
"Ok so i need a new weapon it seems i hope i can get some bullits somewhere. Anyway where the Hell are we and where is Cana?"     
"Our litle Kiten hadnt left the other world she trys to find an help someone other." ansewerd the coyote ghost.
"Your gun is useless in this World only one race here know about them and that race is very far away. Infact this world is mostly "medieval" if i had to describe it in your words" said the Turin.
"Medieval like in no 3D Holo or medieval like in Swords and Bows?"
"unfortunatly the last thing."
"Shit? Your joking right?"
"No" answered the two ghost unisono.
"Ok where i have to go now?"
"South. there is an settlement of your race."
"Ok hnak you again" Said the girl and changed too the real world entirly. The halflook was straining and she felt weak as the outlining of the place becomes sharper and the texture a little bit darker. The sight of her her Friends and the "Nagual" was gone. 

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 12, 2008, 08:51:49 pm »

((Ok, now that my massive RP is done, on to catch up

Turn 40: Riet and Leef are taking their time moving northward.  A second group going to found a scouting outpost heads north-east from Buigendriet.  The original scouting group keeps heading north-east.

Turn 41: Riet and Leef arrive at Irumathra, and, with permission, begin testing the Roshani children there.  Scouting groups continue moving, and another is formed and heads south-east and east from Buigendriet.

Map (turn 42 not yet taken):

And so ends the second Battle of the Gods.  Congratulations.  If you've gotten this far, you've done quite a bit of reading.  Feel free to read and perhaps join BotG III, in the Various Nonsense forum.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:06:12 pm by Frelock »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 17, 2016, 04:14:03 am »

I have commited an 'orrible act of threadnomancy. ARISE!!! DEAD THREAD!!! ARISE TO STALK THE FORUMS ONCE MORE!!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81]