Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Downhill Spiral of Unitedstockades.  (Read 1546 times)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
The Downhill Spiral of Unitedstockades.
« on: July 17, 2016, 03:38:07 pm »

So I haven't played DF in a few months. Just downloaded the newest version. So far, there isn't a version of Dwarf Therapist for 43.05. I plan on fighting the Circus.

This should be fun.

Chapter Directory
Chapter 1
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: The Downhill Spiral of Unitedstockades.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 03:48:40 pm »

Alright, we've just arrived. After some initial scouting, it occurs to me this might not be as difficult as the Mountainhome said it would be. I mean, we're just here to set up another outpost, and see where it goes from there. What's the worse that could happen?

Report of the area, Day 1: It appears there is a large amount of limonite and bauxite near the surface, which implies there is more to be found further down. There are also various types of gems, ranging from Jade to milk quarts. We have found a single small vein of Cassiterite, and there are various other types of stone. There is a small stream to the north-west of our wagon, and there are enough trees to get some basic workshops up. We have a miner who is also a trained axedwarf, a dedicated cook, a woodsman who is willing to farm, and a few general craftsdwarfs. We seem to be prepared for anything, and I do not expect an attack from goblins or anyone else soon. We will begin work on mining into the nearby mountain and preparing initial quarters for ourselves and any migrants in the next few days.

Report, Day 5: Work on the entrance to the fort is coming along nicely. Until we get the entrance complete, we've been sleeping in the wagon and eating the rations we brought. They should last us for a few weeks, but food will be a very real problem if we don't get farms set up soon.

Report, Day 8: There was a collapse today, most likely due to the craftsdwarf's inexperience. I didn't expect to lose someone this quickly, but it's part of the job, I guess. We will honor him as soon as we can. In the mean time, I've had one of the other dwarves grab his pick and take his place.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:12:57 pm by chaotic skies »
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Downhill Spiral of Unitedstockades.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 01:10:50 am »

Good luck!
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.