Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 175069 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from the Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 04:20:21 pm »

Wow, quite the editing job you pulled with the profiles of Torvold and myself. ;D
I really hope Dwarf Companian gets updated before my dwarf gets childeren from this situation. Otherwise she may have to become a woman for good. Or perhaps make some child sacrifices to the Nothing. Either works for me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 05:18:05 pm »

My guy is such a man. *flexes*

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 05:24:54 pm »

"Quickly comrades, let us dig down and deep and defend ourselves with a moat and good rock walls!"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 05:33:16 pm »

I vote we build up into the sky.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 05:38:13 pm »

"There's nothing to harvest or mine in the skys, nor any magma, you twit. We are on the precipice of being slaughtered by the Nothing, and you are making stupid suggestions! I case you forgot, we are dwarven! Towers are for stupid goblins, not the bearded masters of the land!"
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 05:46:03 pm »

:'(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 05:59:42 pm »

It's all in character, quit crying.  :P
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2010, 07:00:22 pm »

Dig down and build a city within a cavern. (and try to save as many mushrooms as possible, as they are nice.{no I am not an elf, shut up})
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2010, 07:02:08 pm »

Liking it so far.
not sure how useful my guy may be but a spare doc isn't a bad thing I guess.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 07:07:33 pm »

It's all in character, quit crying.  :P
Your right men like me shouldn't cry.  :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:40 pm »

Liking it so far.
Have you seen the new health care in action? You'll most likely end up Cheif Medical Dwarf with legendary in all medical skills, and having saved all our wounded asses from the Nothing more than once.Now if only you had a slip up when healing our prophet...
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 07:39:08 pm »

Well, if my luck continues, then I might never be wounded. :P

Too bad I'm likely going to get wounded anyway.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 07:48:21 pm »

Yeah medical dwarves are really important.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:25 pm »

Liking it so far.
Have you seen the new health care in action? You'll most likely end up Cheif Medical Dwarf with legendary in all medical skills, and having saved all our wounded asses from the Nothing more than once.Now if only you had a slip up when healing our prophet...
We talking funny shaped splints for setting bones or doing open heart surgery while sober?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 08:50:19 pm »

"hopefully I can help with that!
While I would put no stock in our 'divine protection', I will share with ya', brave miners, a passage I took from my grandfather's wisdom.  He would sit us round the furnace and tell us tales of beasts and demons and mythical ore, gesturing wildly to the ceiling while his shadow danced on the wall.  Few believed him then; he was crazy, you see, but not too far gone his word means nothin'.  After he suffered the loss of his outpost he traveled, following a stream for 12 days, eating small fish and crawdads.  Eventually he made it to our mountain home and settled there.  But that time drove him off of his head, while the stories he told were magnificent, you could see the pain in his eye (the other one lost to the ages), but anyway, here is what he told me and my brothers and sisters about digging too deep...

'There's no use in mining
no bounty to reap
no ore worth refining
where forgotten ones creep

only a world unfound
and a labyrinthine maze
deep underground
where the adamant lays.'

It may mean nothing, o' course, but it may mean our lives.  Feel free to ignore the ramblings of a half craved old dwarf.  Remember, though, whatever trouble you get yourselves into, make sure you can get yourself back up to me so I can patch you up."

~a little in character motivation for me.  a bit TOO insightful, in retrospect
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76