Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 175077 times)

Areku

• Bay Watcher
  • Merry Christmas to all ye landlubbers!
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from Nothing
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2010, 08:44:28 pm »

"Told ya, didn't I? It was just a wee bug: not even a feature!"
"And apparently your daughter likes to eat live cats"
                              - Legacy of Fíma succession game, fort two, said by Big Cheese, weaponsmith, about Duh102's daughter. (Not that you know any of these dwarves)

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2010, 09:58:41 pm »

As I'm here reading this, I'm constantly fearing that my guy will die... But so far no Johanns have died not even Himmler, one of my other guys.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2010, 10:02:56 pm »

As I'm here reading this, I'm constantly fearing that my guy will die... But so far no Johanns have died not even Himmler, one of my other guys.
Just don't steal my iron, and you'll be fine.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

BoUnCe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2010, 07:27:51 am »

Could I have a dwarf please when one comes available.

Name: Bounce
Skills:  A Bookeeper/manager when you require one.

Shes slightly bossy but its only because she wants a good job done.  She has no problem with anyone as long as they work hard! She is very accurate and tidy.

:)

r3d5kull

• Bay Watcher
  • Hows this look for professional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2010, 08:44:17 am »

Just don't steal my iron, and you'll be fine.
Careful your giving me some bad ideas

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2010, 12:06:39 pm »

From the log of Fori

Crawls in the dirt?! The irony in that insult is thick enough to cut with a knife. An earth loving dwarf accusing an elf of crawling in the dirt? And lest we forget, what ‘crawling in the dirt’ I have done made the harvests of plump helmets possible, and the ale that the dwarves love so dearly. I don’t think that Reg has any right to complain. As for wooden weapons, they proved effective enough against the goblins.

But enough about him. This should be a good day. The forgotten beast will soon be forgotten again. It lay dead in the temple like a sacrifice to the gods, killed by the brave dwarves of this fortress. It’s a testament to their skill and ferocity that they dispatched the monster without letting it even hit them. Of course, this was cause for celebration, and naturally, that involved opening up the ale stockpiles. The fighters told tales of the battle, each telling growing more elaborate in proportion to the amount of ale they imbibed, until each one was saying he was single handedly slaying the beast and all it’s spawn while simultaneously fending off attacks from giant cave spiders, defilers, and the like, all the while carrying wounded comrades on his or her back. It was actually quite amusing to listen to each of them trying to top the other’s stories.

And I’m afraid I was drunk senseless again. At first, I tried to stick with just my dimple cup tea, but the dwarves would have none of that. A bunch of them crowded around me, providing me with mugs of dwarven ale and chanting ‘Or ucat’. I think it means ‘drink the beer’ or something. I confess, I gave in. I had a mug, to the cheering of the dwarves. Then another. And another. By that point, I was drunk enough to think it was a good idea to get into a drinking contest with one of the dwarves. To the disbelief, and great amusement of the dwarves, I actually won! Of course, the dwarf I was drinking against decided to give me a handicap by chugging a keg of ale before said contest. That might have had something to do with it. Nonetheless, it earned me the title of ‘honorary dwarf’ for the evening.

Needless to say, I woke up the next morning with a pounding head. But I found judicious use of the dimple cup tea went a long way toward curing the hangover. Maybe that will get Reg off my back.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2010, 02:31:54 pm »

HatsWHat's our good ol glass maker upto?

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2010, 04:19:16 pm »

I have to say, this is a great community fortress. Its actually the first one I am tempted to join.
Someone back a few pages said something about making it a multicultural fortress, and we have an elf. I love this idea, its full of RP opportunities. The nothing bringing old enemies together.
And with that, I would like to humbly ask:
Might I join as a Goblin Warrior, last survivor of his dark tower? Once full of pride, now he lives for a chance to take revenge on the nothing that destroyed his home. He will be act goblin like of of course, but I see him more of a Lawful Evil, ready to live among the dwarves and respect their customs if it gives him a chance of getting revenge on the creatures he hates so much. A warrior by trade, looking for respect from his enemies of old.
Maybe if its possible and some migrant with a child survives, it may be this goblin with an abducted dwarf child he managed to save from the destruction of his home. Might ease things a little bit.
Please forgive me if this sounds too problematic to take, i just got inspired.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2010, 04:36:06 pm »

If an elf can make it in a dwarf fortress, I'm pretty sure a goblin can.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2010, 05:33:40 pm »

Yes. This is true. There is no way our future green comrad will awaken to find an ax embeded in his skull. Said ax will also certainly not have the name of it's owner filed off. How unlikely. In unrelated news, does anyone have a good sharpining stone? I have....improvements....planed for my ax.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »

Why I use sharpening stones all the time!  Feel free to use them.  Just make sure to get em returned without blood on em.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2010, 10:01:40 pm »

Yes. This is true. There is no way our future green comrad will awaken to find an ax embeded in his skull. Said ax will also certainly not have the name of it's owner filed off. How unlikely. In unrelated news, does anyone have a good sharpining stone? I have....improvements....planed for my ax.

Awww, thanks guys, I feel so safe now that there is no way that will happen! :P
Guess my years avoiding being murdered in the Dark tower will pay off, you guys are amateurs compared to the great goblin murderers of my old town!
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"

masam

• Bay Watcher
  • How lovely...Burn it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2010, 12:21:54 am »

M'boy your filthy heathen green skinned bastard brothers haven't heard o the dwarvenly trials of clanhood.  There be ninety two.  The thirty seventh be one o the most important, "The stone you make a hammer out of, is just as strong as the hammer."  It's a fancy way of proving you can use what ye have on hand to survive.  It was a tradition started by Urist Mctrialwatcher.  Heh, why he watched o'er me own trial.  They even had to add an addendum after I went.  The trial is you're left in a cave with only the watcher and you must find something bigger an meaner than you and beat it about the head with somethin natural from the cave.  O'course...the revisions said that the bigger and meaner things could not be Urist Mctrialwatcher after I found that loophole...hehehehehehe.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2010, 04:48:52 am »

M'boy your filthy heathen green skinned bastard brothers haven't heard o the dwarvenly trials of clanhood.  There be ninety two.  The thirty seventh be one o the most important, "The stone you make a hammer out of, is just as strong as the hammer."  It's a fancy way of proving you can use what ye have on hand to survive.  It was a tradition started by Urist Mctrialwatcher.  Heh, why he watched o'er me own trial.  They even had to add an addendum after I went.  The trial is you're left in a cave with only the watcher and you must find something bigger an meaner than you and beat it about the head with somethin natural from the cave.  O'course...the revisions said that the bigger and meaner things could not be Urist Mctrialwatcher after I found that loophole...hehehehehehe.

It pains me to say it, but it looks like you would make a fine goblin.
Shave the beard and the attitude is juuuust right

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2010, 10:16:26 am »

I hope I don't have to undergo that trial. It sounds very...unpleasant.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 76