Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 177774 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from Nothing
« Reply #495 on: January 17, 2011, 02:55:13 pm »

May i get a characther?

Name: Ocade
Race: Elf that grew up with Goblins.
Personality: Known for his maniacal Grin. Charming sociopath. Generally nice to everyone, until you piss him off. Then he becomes a cold blooded murderer/torturer.
Back-story: Kidnapped by goblins when he was young, he grew up in a goblin tower.
Description: Keeps his face hooded. But has a medium build for a elf and dark hair.
Job: Swordsman.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 17, 2011, 04:50:33 pm »

From the log of Fori

The investigation is proving to be frustratingly slow. It doesn't feel like we're making much headway toward finding the real culprit. Rather, it seems like I'm grasping at straws, hoping to find the right one by chance. Among those suspected, one Rakust Aranlikot was at the top of the list. They said that she was nowhere to be seen for a day before the cave in. Stas and Gutsup also disappeared from time to time too. But I cautioned against using that alone as a basis for deciding who was innocent and guilty. I frequently sought solitude myself up in the lighthouse when I wasn't working. We need actual proof. I mentioned that one pickaxe that went missing some time ago. It never really was accounted for, though new ones were made. Perhaps it has some connection to all of this.

In the meanwhile, we have a couple of new people here at the fort. Another kobold, first off. I don't mind kobolds. I think they're rather cute in a way. But the human gives me pause. He's a tall, rather burly man, and he seems to have even less use for soap that the dwarves do. That I could put up with, but I won't tolerating him trying to grab my rear like he did. This time I just shouted a few choice dwarven oaths at him and left. Whatever you may say about their language, dwarfish is a wonderful tongue for expressing displeasure. But next time, I might express my displeasure the dwarfish way. I wager a good left would put a bruise on that craggy face. I've survived attacks of nothing and the cursed beasts from the depths of the earth. I don't intend to go back to meekness if this barbarian wants to take liberties with me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 17, 2011, 05:28:57 pm »

Rion's Journal
I am begining to suspect we will never find the culprit, or at least I suspect it more than I had earlier. We have absolutely zero conclusive leads, and conducting even this one house-arrest with that lack of evidence may very well be the death of us. Most of these people were probably under tyrant-kings or able to do anything they wished before coming here, neither of which are conductive to accepting our authority in this situation. Gods forbid that we actually have to imprison anyone! I saw the looks of the "citizens" not on the investigative team when they found out about that little construction...

...I'm thinking like one of those damn nobles already. Even on the edge of extinction, here we are trying to kill each other still. Sometimes, I just want to leave these people to their infighting and take my chances in the wilderness. At least the Nothing are honest about what they want.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 17, 2011, 09:52:22 pm »

As Volrath slept there in bed, he dreamed.He dreamed that he was in his village before it was destroyed.In front of him was his tent, It was right next to the river where he and his wife first kissed as teenagers.That was the day he knew that he wanted to be with her forever.They spent every moment they could with each other, he even convinced the elders to break from tradition and let her become a warrior, just so they could spend more time together.He married her as soon as he became a man and it was the happiest day of his life.

Volrath walked into his tent and his heart swelled when his beloved stopped making arrowheads and looked up to give him a smile that could warm the coldest ice golem, her blue eyes gleaming by the light of the fire, in the pit by her feet.He tried to give her a kiss but found out that he could no longer move of his own accord and that his hands were moving of there own will, too his sword.Volraths wife dawned a mask of horror as he slowly walked too her, blacksteel in hand.He tried to stop or at least scream in protest but it was all for nothing.Janet started to back away."Why are you doing this?I loved you more then anything and you are just going to let me die!Please help me, I don't want to di...."Her pleads were cut off as he cut deep into her neck.Volrath then awoke in a cold sweat, screaming at the top of his lungs.

When he saw his village burn, Volrath knew that he had a duty and a could not let the pain overtake him.He ignored it, pushing it too the back of his mined.He even pretended to be happy but now he could not hold it back any longer.Volrath Blacksteel, slayer of man and beast, bravest of the blacksteel tribe, A man who never shed a tear in his life, cried.He cried till dawn.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #499 on: January 26, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »

hey people, haven't really been on the interwebs much lately (other stuff had been needing doing, and little interest but getting back into it). I like where you're going with the whole investigation thing. so yah. (btw Aqueor what have you set gutusp to be doing?)
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Fisher-Risen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:06 pm »

Hammer walked up to Volrath, having heard of his ...meeting... with the Grand Prophet. Despite the fact that the man was of a height much higher than herself, she launched a blow at him that would cause even a troll to stagger, her well trained muscles not failing her in the least. Immediatly after, She turned and walked away, not caring to see whether he fell to the blow or was still standing. As she walked away, she advised him to rethink treating the prophet as he had
Quote from: Veok
"I had a great fortress going on until Leonidas kicked open the door to my clown car, but my blue suede shoes weren't ready, so Uncle Sam and his friends went to town on my tax returns."

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 28, 2011, 10:12:25 pm »

Volrath Blacksteel diary entry 4:A female green skin came up to me today, the other dwarfs tell me that her name is hammer (A stranger name I do not know) and that she is one of the Prophets followers.She was looking as mad demon, so i decided to ask her what she wanted but before the words passed my lips, she punched me in the jaw with all her might and then left, without seeing what she did to me.

Now, goblins are not the largest of races out there, I could pick up one in each arm, but she was incredibly strong for her kind.She had to be to hold that hammer of hers!Normally, a blow like that would break my jaw and send me falling to the ground, cursing her all the way down.To my amazement, not only was I still standing with my face in one peace but it also hardly hurt me at all.All the damage I suffered was a bloody lip and a bruised cheek.

The only explanation for this that I can think of is that blacksteel gave me more then the arms of org when I killed the necromancer and those nothing.It had to be what made my skin as tough as leather and my bones like rock.No wonder the elders had us keep it safe all this time, who knows what evil would befall the land if this got in the wrong hands!

This thing could help me get my revenge on the nothing for killing janet but I need to get stronger first.As much as I would like to die on a hill of dead nothing, I don't think that would be what she would want.I will ask the dwarfs if I can be on more combat missions in hopes that I will fined evil to slay.

I think I will forgive hammer, she was just defending the honor of her master, I would do the same thing for my elders.It must be a hard job holding up the honor of that troll lover after all , can't say I envy her.Maybe she will see that she is being a stupid bitch some day or just kill her master in a fit of rage, I will drink to ether one.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 31, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »

Nomekast Forever!
Aequor, thanks for taking the time to entertain us with such a great story. My life is pretty hectic now, and I hardly ever have time to get on the internet, so I really appreciate how well you are writing about Bax and making him take a life of his own.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2011, 06:56:27 pm »

Dermonster - There's the list of people and their profiles on the first post, but that only gives their names and race, nothing else. I can't think of any way to do that though, not without ending up with an OP the length of a very long street :-\. If it helps, Stas is the suspicious Dwarf with a cloak who is actually a gentlemen thief. He also does absolutely no work, not even hauling ::).

Slain - Welcome to Nomekast! Side-effects of your stay here may be death by conspiracy, forgotten beasts, swarming monsters, accident, starvation, backstabbing, tantrum, and worse. All the standard deaths of any Dwarven fort basically, only with other races included.

filiusenox - Again, welcome to Nomekast! Side-effects may include death or worse and anything listed above. ;)

Gutanoth - Gutusp's been training her sword skills at the moment, she's novice right now.

ProZocK - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy the story, and I can say that it's a delight to write. :D

Also, we're in the Hall of Legends? VICTORY IS MINE OURS! :D Ahem, I'd like to thank everyone who made this possible, that is, the voters, and the community members. Because seriously, the story wouldn't be half a tenth as good without the actual people who make it happen. So thank you all. ;D

21st Hematite 676 - Morning

"No, it's a cough!" Reg shouted at Gutusp. The Goblin-raised Dwarven women cupped a hand to her ear, shaking her head, "A cough!" Reg repeated. The two were in the open space outside the central hall. Currently the area was being opened up, the smattering of stone pillars that had blocked the place were being slowly removed by Spartan and his miners. The militia's training barracks were being moved down, and they would train out here, leaving the upper levels completely abandoned. The sound of picks on stone was heavy in the air.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gutusp shook her head again,

"Snuto toton!" she shouted at the Dwarf, ostensibly demanding he talk even louder. Reg sighed, pointed at the Elven boy that the woman claimed as her property, shook his head and said, remembering snuto being the Goblin word for 'no' or 'not', while still pointing at the Elven child,

"Snuto ill." and then walked off muttering to himself angrily, deciding to let Gutusp decode what he meant. As he stalked towards the food stockpiles for breakfast, he crossed Doc. Steve, the medic gave the doctor a slight smile,

"Lookin' happy, I see." he said. Reg frowned, waving a hand in the direction he came,

"It's that damned Dwarf Goblin woman, Kutusup or Gutsup or whatever. The kid she trails around has a cough, and she thinks he's going to keel over any second, so she took him to me for a check up."

"I imagine that'd be good asset management in Goblin society." Steve said with a ghost of a smile,

"Well she should learn Dwarven, it is the international language." Reg grunted. It was at that moment that Bounce arrived, holding a flurry of papers,

"Steve, I've got the ledgers for the tribunal," she said, passing them to the marksdwarf, "Of the eight picks we have, five are accounted for."

"What? By all the demons of Hell, how could a Dwarven settlement lose three picks!?" Steve exclaimed in surprise.

"One has been missing since last year, Rakust took one and never gave it back - though she says she put it back - and one vanished just this month." the bookkeeper continued, reeling the data off her memory, "On top of that, we still have some missing gems gone since last year and nine bars of silver and two of platinum have gone missing in the past week. Missing from the stockpile might I add."

"And there's some of the silver hospital equipment stolen too." Reg stated, interrupting them. Bounce nodded,

"Not to mention that some copper bars went missing about a month ago." she continued.

"There's no way all of this could have been mislaid. We can't avoid it now; it's clear we have a thief as well as a attempted murderer on the loose." Steve murmured.

"I warned you this would happen. You let Goblins in from lawless societies and suddenly all our precious goods are vanishing," Reg grumbled, "And Kobolds too." he added as an afterthought, "and I wouldn't be surprised if some of those Humans came from no-good towns. Really, the Elves are the only ones you can trust to a degree, and you know things are bad when that's true." he completed.

"Oh, and we've got some extra cave wheat." Bounce suddenly chimed in.

"Extra cave wheat?"

"Its fresh, not from last year's harvest. And yet this years harvest isn't even fully planted yet. It's a mystery where exactly it came from, like if some little spirit came in and left it as a gift."

"What if its poisoned?" Reg demanded, "We can't be too sure, we've got a would-be murderer on the loose and now fresh food turns up from nowhere. Suspicious don't you think?"

It was at that point that Ibruk arrived, striding on his cane. He had a large bruise where Volrath had punched him. By the prophet's insistence the Human was not punished, though that had not stopped Hammer of the Gods exacting what she had seen as righteous revenge. He greeted the trio with his usual warm smile, but there was a sad hint about it,

"Ah, pilgrims. You may be interested to hear the sinful perfidy that has occurred," the prophet said his smile fading as his face became grim, "I'm sure you all know about Rakust Aranlikot by now?" they all nodded; she'd been taken in by the militia and placed under - comfortable - house arrest in Tarran's cottage, with at least one guard by the door at all times. Ibruk continued, "Well Muenster was going through her belongings in the barracks to find any clues as to whether she was the one who attacked them in the caves, when he found a silver bar."

"A silver bar!?" Bounce exclaimed. Ibruk nodded, "Well," the bookkeeper said, rubbing the back of her head thoughtfully, "It just so happens that eight silver bars were stolen this week from the stockpiles."

"It is quite saddening indeed to see this noble and holy place tainted by those false pilgrims who pretend to serve the gods, when they seek only to follow the demons and their sinful ways. I fear that if things do not improve the gods may yet punish us once more." Ibruk grimaced, leaning sadly on his cane.

"Surely," Reg said drily, "as a prophet, you should have seen this coming? Or did the gods have a day off this week?"

"I see only that which the gods deem to show me, pilgrim. If they did not wish us to know of Rakust's dealings then it is not up to us to ask why." Ibruk said, throwing a hand up to the skies, "One does not question the will of the gods, especially not at such a critical time as this. The Old World is being destroyed, pilgrims, and a New World will be born from its ashes, thus it was written by the Blind Prophet of the Broken Rock."

"You'd think he'd have written a manual for surviving the destruction of the 'Old World' at least." Reg grumbled.

"Do we know where she put the rest, at least? Do you think she took the gemstones too?" Bounce asked, eager to get the books back on track so that she would no longer have to rush forwards and back searching for things that mysteriously vanished. Ibruk waved a hand dismissively,

"I do not know, but I believe Tarran has called the tribunal together, they will no doubt wish your presence, Steve."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When Steve arrived the rest were already assembled. Tarran started immediately, having pretty much taken the role of spokesdwarf of the group,

"Right, well as you probably know, we found some stolen silver hidden away in Rakust's stuff." he started.

"Makes her seem more suspicious, eh?" Bax smiled, "She'd probably have done well in a Goblin city."

"Hang yer Goblin cities, this place operates under Dwarven law." Muenster said, "At least, I think it does."

"Well that's just it." Tarran said, "We haven't had to deal with laws or anything since we all settled here. But there's 45 of us now, and we've had gems, picks, and now silver and platinum stolen. We've had attempted murder and now that Volrath guy punched Ibruk, and Hammer of the Gods punched him. The entire place is going to chaos."

"Volrath, that Human, is trouble," Fori said. It was odd for her to speak out against someone like this, "He's punched Ibruk, and he...well made a disparaging gesture towards me." the Elf blushed slightly at this. Derm frowned,

"What? What did he do?" he asked, a fierceness entering his voice, like a growing undercurrent. Fori shook her head,

"You needn't worry, he won't dare do it again."

"What did he do? He didn't hit you or something, did he? I swear, if-"

"No matter the outcome of the investigation," Rion interrupted, murmuring into his beard as he though of the situation, "we need to...oh damn, we're just going to end up like the old mountainhomes, we need a guard, and they'll need some kind of leader." he concluded, sighing.

"A leader...like a sheriff or a captain of the guard?" Derm said.

"Seems to be the case." Delta said, crossing his arms with a clatter of the armour he always wore.

"How are we going to choose them?" Tarran wondered.

"Well how do you normally choose them?" Sandra asked.

"We don't, the nobles choose the captain, and people volunteer." Rion answered.

"Well why not let volunteers do it, then?"

"Not know who is thief or killer." Xenos said. The Kobold tended to not speak much at these meetings, due to his poor grasp of the Dwarven language, he still turned up though, out of a sense of duty.

"Got it in one." Rion growled, "We've got a possible murderer and/or thief on the loose, maybe more. We can't be sure of whoever volunteers."

"What if the militia do it? It's not like it'll be much of an extra duty." Fori suggested.

"What about Meinhard's little group?" Sandra countered, "They're trustworthy."

"Wait 'till the investigation's over." Delta grunted. Tarran nodded,

"Once we've got the assassin for sure, then we can at least be sure we won't have a would-be murderer in the guards' ranks."

It was at that point that Helf burst in,

"She's gone!" he cried, a hint of panic in his voice, "Rakust's gone!"

"What!?" Tarran cried, jumping to his feet. The Dwarf took a breath,

"Well, I was talking with Rovod who was guarding the house, when we heard her jump into the lake! We went round but she slipped past us, running towards the lower levels!"

"Damn, we need to get after her!" Rion growled.

"Johann, Melagius, Meinhard, Rovod, Gutusp and Volrath went after her already."

"That's alot of people for one small woman." Bax smirked,

"Well it was more of a case of me shouting 'stop her' and then everyone just chasing her."

"Well, look on the bright side. If she ran, we at least know she must be guilty of something."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They chased her clear through the forges and out into the Fiery Cistern. Meinhard led, with Johann and Melagius behind him and Volrath and Gutusp behind them. Rovod brought up the rear, his crossbow slung over his back with a quiverful of bolts. Rakust had a head-start on them, but not enough of a significant one for them to not be able to follow, despite the treacherous way and the winding mazes of pillars and stone walls. She didn't really try to lose them, but seemed instead intent on getting somewhere. Finally she stopped, seemingly nowhere special, however there was a small carved alcove, and in it;

"A skull?" Johann managed to pant, breathing hard as he stopped. Meinhard brandished his spear at Rakust,

"Hokay, hyu stop now." he said, frowning at having been led on this chase. Rakust grinned a predatory smile,

"Oh my poor dear, this lady never stops." she said silkily. Johann and Melagius flanked Meinhard, their own weapons at the ready, Gutusp cut off Rakust's other escape, holding a sword out,

"Al" the Goblin-raised Dwarf said, "uk os." Rakust laughed a chiming laugh,

"'Stop or I die'? Please, if I feared your weapons I would still be in that cottage under 'house-arrest'."

"What's that skull?" Johann demanded to know,

"Oh don't tell me you've forgotten it? Because I assure you it hasn't forgotten you." Rakust chuckled, taking the skull and raising it up. It seemed to be from some huge insect-like creature,

"Lerdi Kamcanecar's skull!" Melagius suddenly exclaimed, "We never found it after Rion decapitated the thing...you took it?"

"Well reasoned, have you considered philosophy?" Rakust said with a mocking smile,

"To Hell with this, woman! Are you coming back or not?" Volrath demanded angrily.

"Awww," Rakust said, faking sadness, " but you haven't even asked me why I took Lerdi's skull yet."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Up in the lighthouse Torvold stood, a frown on his face. He had come up here to relax a bit. Recently he'd been going over all the plans Meinhard had given him from the old scientist Dos Panzermench, and had decided to build several of the contraptions and inventions himself, but he needed a lab for that. But before he could even begin to start on the lab, he had been press-ganged into planting. Ha! As though a genius like himself should be made to do planting like some hick! However, as he looked out over the Swamps of Tunnelling he couldn't help but think something was wrong. Suddenly he saw movement from two ends of the valley, two more refugees no doubt, one seemed tall, probably a Human, Goblin or Elf, the other was followed by what seemed to be dogs, though he hoped it was cats. He liked cats. At any rate, he had better go and warn the others that more were arriving. Then he realised what had been bugging him.

The valley was completely devoid of Nothing. All the Nothings had vanished.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Necromancy!" Volrath snarled angrily, lifting his blacksteel sword up ready to strike, remembering the sick sight of the necromancer eating the girl alive that he had fought before coming to Nomekast. Rakust clapped her hands together, slowly,

"Well done! You get our star prize tonight! Of course, nothing says you'll like it..." she said, her voice sing-song.

"Rakust," Rovod asked calmly, his crossbow aimed right at her, "were you the one that caused the cave-in?"

"Oh I tell you, I was quite annoyed when that didn't work. I was meant to take out the entire group, but - can you believe it!? - they split up!"

"Vy? Vy do all dat?" Meinhard asked.

"Because I intend to survive. The world is dying, and I refuse to follow it." Rakust said, her smile faltering for a second. Then she laughed, "Oh but I talk and talk. And really I should be greeting the guest of honour or rather, the guests of honour. They've come from far, far away just for you lucky people of Nomekast!"

Heavy footfalls started to be heard, getting louder and louder. Rakust cackled happily, raising Lerdi's skull with both hands in triumph. Behind her, two great red eyes appeared from the gloom, and behind it came hundreds more red eyes.

"Listen well!" Rakust announced,
""

[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2011, 07:03:03 pm »

Well, we're screwed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 03, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

Oh, dear.

Well, anyone got a torch?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 03, 2011, 07:15:14 pm »

The world spins. The meeting, forgotten. The feeling, familiar.
I AM.
The terror, palpable.
THROUGH LICENSE OF HE WHO HAS NO NAME I HAVE COME.
A body heaves through the blackness of infinity.
THOUGH MY FOUR LEGS HAVE ALWAYS TRODDEN UPON THE FERTILE GROUND I HAVE COME.
An eyeless head shrouded in fog appears through the darkness. Two thick spines writhe on his grainy scalp.
ONE OF YOUR NUMBER HAS SUMMONED ME AGAINST HIS ORDERS AND HIS WRATH IS INFINITE.
He roars, a choking vapor clogs my lungs.
I AM THE FUEL OF FOG. MASTER OF THE FIRST REGIMENT.
I can't breath, he lowers his head and a thousand more surge around him.
I AM THE LOWLIEST GENERAL OF HIS VAST ARMIES AND YOU SHALL NOT DEFY HIS WILL.
Ten hundred piercing eyes void me of what breath I have left.
I AM OSMAN
Numbness overtakes my senses.
I HAVE COME.
Darkness consumes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:17:25 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 05, 2011, 10:37:37 am »

I... I just
wow
good show, aequor.  I'll write something up soon, and thanks for giving me a big part in this one! :D
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 05, 2011, 11:31:05 am »

the odds are 5-1 so you can still survive and is this genesis mod?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #509 on: February 06, 2011, 05:37:33 am »

Leaving the doctors office, she couldn't help be slightly worried about her elf child. She'd been going to some of the more hidden parts of the caverns to practise, , but bringing smange along each time. It helped clear her mind she found if he was there with her at the time. *Sigh*. Still, Now with the investigation going on, she couldn't exactly go as she pleased. She decided to take a more scenic route around the caverns. She was at least entitled to that.

As she passed a mostly empty spot she saw Volrath practising his sword, she decided to follow suit. He's as good an alibi as anyone really.

She stood there practising for a while, getting used to the movements of the sword and it's weight in her hand, while planning on how to block attacks. truth be told, it isn't exactly perfect, but who could she practise with? Not that smug hammer of the gods, and Bax is hard to find on a good day. She had tried practicing with smange, but he's still too young to even move the sword realistically.

Suddenly her training was interrupted by a shout that echoed through the caverns "Stop her!" It sounded urgent, but Gutusp had no idea what it meant. However she could see someone running along one of the various walkways being chased, and Volrath's running towards the person as well being confirmation as well. She really should learn dwarven, it would take so much of the guesswork out of living here. Maybe that doctor fellow. He seemed the intelligent sort... I'll get on to Bax about it later, after we've caught this crazed woman. She only just noticed that her child was still following. "Usa Udung!" she barked to him, to conserve breath. This woman looked like she knew exactly where she was going, and it wasn't anywhere close.

In the end, they caught her, but only on her terms. They flanked her to cut off her escape, and Gutusp gave her a warning"Al, uk os."To this she just laughed. She brought out a skull, vaguely familiar. Some talk went between the the captive and the captors, but Rakust behave as if she was in control. Suddenly heavy footfalls could be heard.

As Gutusp turned to see what was making them, she could see in the distance two large red glowing points, and lots of smaller ones dancing around in the smog that seemed to creep forward. Rakust's voice changed to a more bloody and damning voice at which point she announced the beast that had come, in such a way that all could hear of it's arrival.
Look at what a totally original signature this is.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76