Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76

Author Topic: [Community] Nomekast - At War with Nothing  (Read 175187 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: [Community] Nomekast - Hiding from Nothing
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 12:09:34 pm »

From the log of Fori

Today is a day of tidings. Both good and ill. But we remain safe at least.

This dwarf settlement, my new home, seems to be doing well. The threat of starvation is past, as I helped to sing and grow the strange dwarven crops to fruition. They consume a strange type of fungus, these aptly named plump helmets. I sampled one, and was pleasantly surprised. Though the taste was alien, it was not unpleasant. The dwarven wine and beer though… well, lacking any water, I had to try some or die of thirst. To be honest, I had little recollection of what happened. The dwarves said that my speech had became slurred, and my bearing unstable. Also, there was frequent mentions of something called a ‘lampshade’ with poorly hidden grins and merriment. I wonder what had happened that amused them so. Either way, it is clear I do not possess the liver of a dwarf.

While my new home thrives, misfortune has also occurred nearby. Even though I am underground, I can still hear the voices of the trees up on the surface. Today, they told me that dwarf blood had been mingled with the water their roots drank. I fear that some unfortunate souls tried to reach our home, but were overwhelmed by the defilers lurking outside. But at least I was able to share that defiler blood also stained the ground. Whoever these poor  strangers were, they took many of the cursed beasts with them. But we at least are safe, protected by the stout stonework of the dwarves. If only my forest had such walls defending them…

But no, such thoughts are in vain. This fortress is my retreat now, the mushrooms of the caverns below my forest. I must do my best to adapt to a dwarven life, even though I miss the sun and the stars, and the wide open sky. These tunnels feel close, almost choking at times, and the darkness strains my eyes. But for good or ill, it is my home.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 01:01:41 pm »

Oh man.

Also, for our own safety, don't ever, ever EVER give them the [SPEED:1] tag! everything they do will be speed up!

Other then that, I'm still reading.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 02:42:44 pm »

Also, for our own FUN, always, constiantly CONSTANTLY give them the [SPEED:1] tag! everything they do will be speed up!

Well Aequor, looks like Tarran has spoken. Into the raws with ye!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48:59 pm »

If I die as the result of the [SPEED:1] tag, I will haunt you all until you die.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aequor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 04:43:10 pm »

Ach, don't worry Tarran, I won't put them on [SPEED:1]. ::)

Not yet, anyway...
[USE_GOOD_REASON:UNTHINKABLE]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 04:45:50 pm »

Ach, don't worry Tarran, I won't put them on [SPEED:1]. ::)

Not yet, anyway...

:(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 08:17:41 pm »

Well, it was your idea, Tarran.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2010, 08:49:13 pm »

Well, it was your idea, Tarran.
Tarran swings his steel longsword at MetalSlimeHunt's first right toe!
It flies off in a bloody arc!

Don't. If you care for your toes. ::)

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »

oh boy
well, I don't see how anyone's going to get in now!
perhaps we should start devising a trap to distract them while we try and rush migrants and caravans in the door.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2010, 09:30:02 pm »

[Tarran swings his steel longsword at MetalSlimeHunt's first right toe!

MetalSlimeHunt chops at Tarren's right hand
The shot glances away!

Damnit!  :(
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2010, 09:41:32 pm »

Tarran swings his steel longsword at MetalSlimeHunt's first right toe!

MetalSlimeHunt chops at Tarren's right hand
The shot glances away!

Damnit!  :(
Next time, grab a weapon and put some armor on. ;)

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 12:49:54 am »

Spartan sighed at the carpet of blood, before going and pitching an idea to several dwarves and one elf.

"So, instead of making the refugees cross open ground, we dig a tunnel! If we can make some copper axe blades or something we can set traps to cover them if they're followed. Once they get in we'll seal the tunnel up until someone else needs to use it. We could even dig a room connected to the tunnel, and station Tarran or someone in it."
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 12:55:26 am »

Spartan sighed at the carpet of blood, before going and pitching an idea to several dwarves and one elf.

"So, instead of making the refugees cross open ground, we dig a tunnel! If we can make some copper axe blades or something we can set traps to cover them if they're followed. Once they get in we'll seal the tunnel up until someone else needs to use it. We could even dig a room connected to the tunnel, and station Tarran or someone in it."
"This!" Tarran shouted "that might work! add in a pit with a bridge and a floodgate to flood the tunnel and we've got a nearly impenetrable entrance!"

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 01:10:10 am »

Sounds good gents.
May I suggest an Atom Smasher as well until we can get enough metal for these traps?

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 07:39:02 am »

we'd need a gem or glass window so we can look out onto the field!
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76