Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

High end magic

(1/1)

AlanL:
I had a few ideas for different things to use with the magic arc available to mages of skill ranging from dang good to downright godlike (from Professional to Legendary perhaps?)I'll try to put these in proper order from lowest to highest.Temperature manipulation: Weather it's for making an ice statue out of foes, watching entire towns go up in flames, burning through that pesky steel floodgate in your old fort thats blocking the way, or maybe extinguishing yourself when youre on fire. (this is already available through raws cheating and/or memory hacking)Change materials: With this you could turn your allied bowmans copper pea-shooter into essentially an adamantine handheld siege machine. Or on the other hand, you could turn your foes <<Iron>> into water, and watch it splash down into a puddle. Could lead to some interesting effects too, like turning the stack of 2000 copper coins you got into 2000 gold coins.Global teleport: Don't spend ages hoofing it across a continent when you could get there in a snap. Also useful to get to isolated places like those islands.Summon item: Its like a legal form of stealing... but keep in mind E=MC^2... itll take a ton of energy to even cause such a thing to happen, and the heavier the object is youre trying to summon, the more costly it is in terms of energy. Could be helpful if you're in a real desperate situaiton though. Being able to define the material and define the item would lead to interesting results. Adamantine prepared food, yum :PSummon monster: Useful for getting new allies... or for getting fodder to practice on. Especially useful if you can name whatever youre summoning and give it whatever skills and equipment you want it to have. Energy cost might be proportional to the creatures size and the weight of the equipment as well as the amount of skill points it has.Cause minor weather event: Snow in the desert? Why not?Cause minor geological event: Turning buildings into sinkholes might be fun :PInterstellar teleport: This would allow you to move yourself and/or any other units to any point on any different world within your save directory.Cause major weather event: Tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc... good for depopulating several towns at once, and very effective against elves.Cause major geological event: Massive volcanoes and earthquakes... also good for depopulating several towns at once, and very effectiev against dwarves.Terraform: Changing the world map, in all aspects, at will.and at the highest...Create custom world: Assemble an entire planet to your specifications, wether you bring a civilization with to it or if you want to be the sole inhabitant is up to you. This might also be a menu option for making a new world.

Dreamer:
It'd be interesting if you could manipulate current worlds until you're happy with it.  Recreating the world to your whim would be fun, but creating a new world in game is a touch overkill.Hm, I'm imagining creating an island...code:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~,..~~~~~~
~~~~,G^,.~~~~~
~~~.,^^^G..~~~
~~~,.^X^.,,~~~
~~~.G^I..,.,~~
~~~.,.I~~...~~
~~~~.,~~~~,,~~
~~~~~~~~.,.~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~., = Ground
~  = Water
^  = Mountains
I  = River
G  = Goblin Fort
X  = Dwarven Fort
Except, y'know, cooler.
Back in the Real World: Interesting ideas, by the way.  I guess we'll have to wait for the Magic Arc to get in before we decide whether or not they're going to be possible, but knowing Dwarf Fortress, we'll be able to half-way destroy the world with a single mage.  Who knows?

Tormy:
Magic is on the dev list, however I am pretty sure that we wont have any spellcasting/magic for a long time. [Probably 1-2 years with this development speed]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version