Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Given Quest to Kill Law Giver Demon, Town Goes Insane When I Attempt to Kill It  (Read 3516 times)

William

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, a civilization gave me the quest to kill its own law-giver demon for some reason. I attempted to kill it, I knew I would probably die, what I did not know is that the town would then go insane and kill each other.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

I think you just became (unwittingly) part of a massive suicide cult.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

This has happened more than once, for some reason, when you attack a law-giver, they realize he is a absurd ass( at least half of them) and they have a revolution!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

This is a 0.31.01 variation of the old civil war bug. What you're basicaly doing is attacking one of their civ members because they asked you to. When you complete a quest for a civ, they sorta take you into their civ and consider your friendly.

When you tried to kill the demon who just happened to be their law giver (thus, a civ member), they marked you as an enemy of the civ, but since you're considered a part of it, they tagged their own civ as an enemy aswell, so they attacked the closest member of that civ which was close to them: Themselves.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

WagglyCocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is not a bug, this is wonderful
Sorry,
If I'm on internet forums I'm probably drunk.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Awesome isn't it!
I like to think that without there oppressive law giver, people just go crazy and riot.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile

This is not a bug, this is wonderful
It's a 'feature'.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

When it crashes the game, its a bug, when it causes mass homocide, its a feature.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it crashes the game, its a bug, when it causes mass homocide, its a feature.
You mean homicide. Homocide sounds like some sort tongue-in-cheek name for hate crime against gays.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So...  is this the best bug of this release, perhaps?  Or does it not count because it's not a fortress mode bug?  ...or maybe it doesn't count because it's a variation of an older bug.

MaxMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sounds like a bug and I'm not sure what you mean by "it's own law-giver demon" (I don't play adventure mode enough) but if it's really a demon I'm pretty sure it can unleash some kind of curse before it dies no?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile

The secret is to go into town at night for these missions and just kill everyone in their sleep.

Of course then you're /really/ an enemy of the rest of the civ's towns but it's fun!

I'd say it's probably a bug but also not one as well. Very tough.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

You mean homicide. Homocide sounds like some sort tongue-in-cheek name for hate crime against gays.

Wow, I just made a horrable hate inducing monster of myself and didn't even relise! Only in dwarf fortress...