Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Every bloodied warrior knows: clenliness first, carnage later  (Read 1762 times)

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

A moment ago I had my first goblin ambush (a couple of pikemen and a crossbowman) in the new version. My military promptly sucked balls and lost 4 guys with no kills on the goblins side. Luckily, dwarven merchants arrived and the fully aromored guards pwned the goblins.

Now I'm watching one of those guard walk into my Fortress and use my well.

What is he doing? I can see that he is using the well because the bucket is moving and he is standing next to it but I can read what he needs the water for.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:26:08 pm by Toady Two »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Peculiar Caravan Guard Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:37:34 pm »

Maybe he's thirsty.

Charge him to use the well. "One drink of water, one bar of gold!"
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:50 pm »

He is also pretty wounded up by the goblins. And when he finished a pile of vomit, dead soldier and goblin blood appeared on the floor.

My theory is he cleaned himself. Kind of weird for someone who had two fractured legs, an arm, knee and floating rib.

It would be cool if caravan guards could bet hospital attention in my fort.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 01:46:03 pm »

... if he has insurance?

D:|
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:09:35 pm »

Actually just had an ettin attack. After massacring the front line of chained war dogs, he politely withdrew to a neaby pool of water, sluiced off the blood, and then continued his rampage.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
Re: Every bloodied warrior knows: clenliness first, carnage later
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 03:28:02 pm »

That's hilarious.

I never thought a smelly blood soaked killing machine would be so concerned with hygiene.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »

They're cleaning themselves.

I had a human merchant who was "leaving" for about three months because the depot was messy with blood from a lot of ambushes and walking and so on, so he started packing his things on the mule, then realized he was dirty, went all the down into my fort and to the wells, cleaned himself, then went back up to pack more things.

Then he realized he was dirty.

It was sort of hilarious after I realized why the same guy kept going back and forth.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 07:00:37 pm »

That's hilarious.

I never thought a smelly blood soaked killing machine would be so concerned with hygiene.

It was a bit nerve-wracking, actually, given that he pretty much one-shot 4 war dogs. It was like he felt I offered so little threat he could afford to tidy up a bit before killing everyone and everything I love.

Then he fell in a cage trap. So that worked out.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:48 pm »

I hate Cage Traps. They don't make any sense and they are so ... anti-climactic.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:23:12 am by thvaz »

Snall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:58 pm »

They sorta do make sense...dwarves are like cave spiders...but anti-climactic, sure.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 12:35:01 am »

New siege defense: exterior wells surrounded by cage traps. You just throw some peasants/animals at the siegers and laugh when they get trapped whilst trying to tidy up.
... and then it explodes!

Naero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 01:54:15 am »

New siege defense: exterior wells surrounded by cage traps. You just throw some peasants/animals at the siegers and laugh when they get trapped whilst trying to tidy up.

I was going to comment on how you could just put the cage traps in front of your peasants/animals to the same affect, sans the needless sacrificing. Then I remembered what game I was talking about.
Quote from: Toady One
# 03/17/2009: The broken-armed dwarf understood that he needed to run off to the hospital zone properly, but care never came, because I'm still working on that. Poor little buddy.
#  03/18/2009: He's now surrounded by many skilled medical professionals. They still aren't all that useful, but just their presence must be encouraging for him. Well, I guess that's not true either.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:21:03 am »

He is also pretty wounded up by the goblins. And when he finished a pile of vomit, dead soldier and goblin blood appeared on the floor.

My theory is he cleaned himself. Kind of weird for someone who had two fractured legs, an arm, knee and floating rib.

It would be cool if caravan guards could bet hospital attention in my fort.

I had this exact situation....except it was with wild life....I have no issue with em using my water or anything but what irked me is that the merchants horse went berserk 1 tile away from the edge of the map....there was a merchant and a guard still on the map....the guard promptly killed the horse and ran off....only issue....is he left the merchant (who had broken feet) to lay dieing on the ground....I am kinda disappointed that I could not help the merchant....would have been my first chance to try out my medical system...alas the merchant died of dehydration  :(

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 02:54:21 am »

What is he doing? I can see that he is using the well because the bucket is moving and he is standing next to it but I can read what he needs the water for.

He was supposed to kick bucket in that ambush and he is going to make sure it really happens.