Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LCS: how do you train up weapons skills?  (Read 2166 times)

SoulSkorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
LCS: how do you train up weapons skills?
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:41:39 am »

I want to make a squad of gun-toting, armour plated badasses. I can get as far as recruiting some gang members, having my clothes makers churn out six body armours and buying AR-15s and mags, but the recruits just can't shoot straight; rifle skill never seems any higher than 2. I tried training by shooting up the crack house over and over, but the resident gang came and wiped my team out - apparently they can shoot better.

I also tried seducing an army vet and getting them to teach everyone fighting skills, but there was barely any skill increase at all before I had to abandon it for lack of funds.

So: how do you train weapon skills?

Necaladun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS: how do you train up weapons skills?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 08:03:23 am »

The Gentleman's Club offers a great training course, open to men or women alike. Their bouncers serve as target practice quite well. Liberally apply a few CCs of lead per day, and if symptoms persist, try wiping out some CEOs inside.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:05:32 am »

I usually raid the happy troll internet cafe, kill a few dudes, and retreat.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:10:26 am »

With the crack house thing:you go steal a sportscar,get a random person to drive,drive SAFELY and you will probably win.

SoulSkorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 01:55:22 am »

Thanks, having a car - even just a van - is making things a lot easier.

ryacko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 05:30:08 pm »

Once you've trained your solders well enough, you should wait for an angry mob to arrive at a news station. Those hillbillies are often weak, and serve as excellent target practice.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:45:45 am »

For a seriously pro squad you want to train dodge first, its one of the most important combat skills.
  Start by recruiting athletes, dancers, blackbelts and yoga instructors, also mutants can have stupidly high stats sometimes.  Anybody with high agility and health (at least 8 for me), these are the 2 most important stats for your hit squads, agility to help them get away and health to keep them alive if they stop a bullet.

I then give them body armor send them off to the park or like, start a fight with a conservative who wont have a gun, then just stand there (press s) while he tries to hit you.  If you start to get too hurt, run, once your dodge is nearly up, beat the conservative to death, this builds your juice fast for a nice stat buff. 
  Repeat that until your dodge is at least 5 for each member of your squad, also try to have at least  2 squaddies with first aid.  Your juice should be nice as high by now as well. 
  By now each of your members should have AGI of 13-16, enough to outrun most deathsquad officers.  Always run rather than fight if you look like losing someone, anything more than a light wound.

Now form up your squad and arm them.  2 options: Rifles and swords, both rock.  Swords cant shoot out of cars but they are cheaper and easier, they also 1 hit kill on alot of stuff at high levels.  If you take rifles get aks or m16s, you can buy aks from gang members if you arent wearing a cop uniform.  Sword squads are probably an easier beginner option 

Send your crew out on runs to the crackhouse, ghetto block and slums to kill conservatives, wait for the local set to arrive and then kill them until your weapon skills lvl up.  Next move onto the Radio and News stations, steal everything and kill all the conservatives you see until the hicks turn up, then kill them until your skills go up, if anybody looks like getting a dodge upgrade, move them too the front of the squad (position 1) they seem to get shot at more for me.  When someone gets 1000 juice they go to the back, so the last guys get more chance to lay the boot in.
  By now you should have skills of about 5-7, dodge of maybe 6 or 7 and juice through the roof, attack whoever without leaving town and slaughter any conservative you find to up your skills. 

You should now have a very badass hit squad.  You can also do a bit of this with training but you really need to train your trainer up to this level to make him useful.  Better to do this with a few guys with teaching skill from day one then use them to train up recruits down the line.  be extra careful with any squaddie with teaching and firstaid skills, they are gold as combat trainers, down the track it makes things soo much easier if everybody has a bit of first aid.

Other stuff:  6 of yours will usually pwn 4 of theirs even with swat teams once you have a bit of dodge/weapons skill, dont be afraid to fight the swat if you have a full squad in good nick, they are an excellent source of m16s and body armor.

Get a couple of doctors to do nothing but heal your squad in their base, if you find someone with teaching and first aid try to grab them.  Having a couple of your high juice guys go out and snag some sweatshop workers is a good idea too, set them to repair all the trashed clothes and armor your squad brings home.

The base that this squad lives in is going to be attacked.  either keep them mobile and away from your other liberals or fort them up with booby traps, cameras, the works.  I have the sweatshop workers and doctors walking around armed with M16s and bodyarmor, so they will be ready to be dropped into the fight if one of my Soldiers go down.  If you have close to a full squad fighting the attack can be easy and net you a big pile of loot, if half your squad is shot to shit you may just want to run,  I try to keep a stock of armor and weapons nearby in another empty safehouse for this.

Mutants deserve a second mention, some of the mutants you will find have massively high starting stats, 14 AGI, 20 HRT, 15 health, crazy stuff like that, I try get every mutant I see to come back and talk so I can get a look at their stats.

In the conservative nightmare the firemen will all start off with flamethowers and wear bunkergear.  Going to the firehouse, putting away your weapons and waiting for 2 or 3 conservative firemen to turn up and then pulling your gear out and blowing crap out of them is a good way to stock up on these hard to get weapons.  The firemen will attack you eventually and set fire to your building when they do.  Not noticing this fire cost me most of my last ninja squad.

Attacking the CIA is hardcore.  Also lost alot of hard work because of a dodgy attack on the agents.  Dont do it until your squad is untouchable by normal stuff.  Have one of your teacher soldiers teach dodge to a few liberals with high computers and AGI or high Science and AGI to hack the centeral computer and push the button.  Weapon skills are a bonus for these guys but it is more important they just dont get shot.

Using more than 6 liberals and rotating them through as they get shot is obviously a good idea.
Training ninjas by training stealth and disguise when you first train dodge.  First, stand next to a non armed conservative, then get naked, then stand there, this ups your stealth, once stealth has lvled up, put your clothes back on and wait and your disguise will go up, they will probably become alarmed and hit you at some stage, start your dodge training now.  These ninjas are good for prison breaks, keep the weapons away and you can walk past a few conservatives.

Shit, mass post
If life gives you lemons, burn them.