Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Advanced sieges

(1/2) > >>

Zemat:
Aside from what's already mentioned on the bloats about invading armies using siege weapons (battering rams, etc). I was thinking that maybe invading armies (specially those crafty goblins) should be able to build or bring in special siege structures like bridges and ladders to bypass moats and walls that don't touch any ceiling or even climbing towers from the outside. Of course, invading armies would take their time installing or building those. So that dwarves have time to apply counter-measures or simply try to destroy them.By the way, competing dwarven kingdoms should be able to provoke a siege also. This would bring the extra element of enemy miners trying to bore holes in unsuspecting places to surprise well defended fortresses.[ July 26, 2007: Message edited by: Zemat ]

Haedrian:
This would severly damage plans involving moats, making the player have to improvise something at that moment.Having said that .. sounds great  :)

Silveron:
Its actually on the list for sieging armies to be a LOT smarter. Miners, moat crossing, ladders, etc. Check the dev/bloat stuff  :)

Zemat:
Whoops!I skimmed the full list stopping to read anything related to armies and sieges, trying to find any mention of it. Yet I missed it. Sorry.Anyway, the list of stuff is so ginormous that is difficult for first time posters like me to read it in full and in detail in just a few days/weeks   :p.[ July 26, 2007: Message edited by: Zemat ]

Grek:
quote:Originally posted by Zemat:
<STRONG>Anyway, the list of stuff is so ginormous that is difficult for first time posters like me to read it in full and in detail in just a few days/weeks    :p.
</STRONG>If you havn't read it yet, you should use ctrl+F to look for keywords involving your idea like seige, armies and moat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version