Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Changing Lands - A Roleplaying Epic!  (Read 11911 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Lands - An Interactive RP Story-Game
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 03:58:38 am »

Damn! I got ninja'd!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 04:01:52 am »

You can still go. 4 is the minimum. 5 is fine. I'll begin this proper tomorrow morning.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 04:30:20 am »

Name: Thom
Caste: Warlock
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 132 lb
Appearance: A solidly built young man, he has cropped black hair, scars on his inner forearms from using blood in ceremonies. Has piercing grey eyes and is cleanly shaved. Wears grey traveling clothes, and a fur-lined coat.
Bio: Thom grew up in a small colony far from Sanctuary, studying under his father as an Warlock. He was ostracized for his gifts, and left his home at the age of 17. After two years traveling to the fabled city of Sanctuary, he has spent much of his time alone, making him less sociable than most. He has only been able to survive by the guidance of an unknown Daemon benefactor.
Armor: he has a suit of leather armor, and a short sword made of carved bone.
Personality: Thom is driven to survive, and will do whatever it takes to do so. He's naturally distrusting in people, and secretive.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 09:21:19 am »

By the way, what are the buildings and houses like?
Medieval types? Like cottages and castles?
Or something else?
Just being curious, so we have a better understanding of this world.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 10:22:16 am »

Seriously? No one chose a Therianthrope? If there's no room, though, feel free to disregard my character. Or save him for when one of the others dies.

Name: Martin Cian
Caste: Therianthrope
Appearance: Blondish hair, dark green eyes. And always cleanly shaven. Rather tall and skinny. Wears a white hooded robe and sandals. He carries a bone sword hidden inside his robe.
Bio: As a young boy, Martin felt he had a unique ability to heal things. Rather shy and quiet, he hid his abilities, instead taking lots of time walking through forests, healing plants, insects, and a few small animals or two.

One day, he came across a hurt animal, lying in the woods. He had seen no beast like it in his trips, and decided to heal it. The healing process caused the animal not only to heal incorrectly, but to lash out at Martin, breaking his leg and hand. He managed to stop the bleeding using his powers, but he dared not to mend the bones, in case he failed like he had on the creature.

After this, he began to experiment more with his powers on himself. He cut himself and healed the wounds, each successful healing requiring deeper cuts. His mother worried about him, finding broken pieces of wood coated in blood, and began to confiscate some of his other belongings, as well as no longer let him walk in the forest.

His father, on the other hand, knew all too clear what was happening. He brought Martin to a local healer and used his life savings to get him an apprenticeship. The healer was a harsh teacher but realized the way Martin picked up knowledge of herbs and medical procedures, even correcting his master in some instances. When his father came by, he let Martin know he was proud of his studies.

In his spare time, he worked on ways to hurt with his abilities, in order to find the full extent of himself. In one instance, he nearly severed his forearm off. He even managed to remove a finger from one hand and move it to the other, though the finger was nearly nonfunctional. He managed to obtain a club made of bone and mold it into a somewhat sharp sword (Even if he was not all that skilled with longer blades.)

There were many Sanctuary Weeks during his apprenticeship. He would usually be waiting for someone to get hurt and help them, for a meager cost. Usually, it was just meant to give more customers than usual. This time, he was no longer an apprentice healer, and he decided it was time to celebrate.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 04:03:17 pm »

Yeah webadict, you can join now. Six people is the limit though, and I'm not entirely sure people will die unless they become inactive.

Webadict, just a little touch-up - EVERYONE falls into one Caste or another. Unless you were living somewhere secluded, your parents would know what you were. And for the record, you can do a lot more than heal. Think multi-limbed, carapaced, acid spitting monster. Thats a Therianthrope in battle mode. ;D

Archangel, your guy may need a little tweaking. For simplicity's sake, may I throw him into the world with amnesia? Also, he may be seperate from the others for a while, simply because his garb is that of either a city guard or a foe. Finally, as an Arcanist, you must pick a specialty. Either healing or physical prowess.

Anyway, first turn has officially started. Either pm me or post your turn in this thread. The first turn write-up is coming as soon as I get clarification from Archangel.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 04:46:02 pm »

Yeah webadict, you can join now. Six people is the limit though, and I'm not entirely sure people will die unless they become inactive.

Webadict, just a little touch-up - EVERYONE falls into one Caste or another. Unless you were living somewhere secluded, your parents would know what you were. And for the record, you can do a lot more than heal. Think multi-limbed, carapaced, acid spitting monster. Thats a Therianthrope in battle mode. ;D

Archangel, your guy may need a little tweaking. For simplicity's sake, may I throw him into the world with amnesia? Also, he may be seperate from the others for a while, simply because his garb is that of either a city guard or a foe. Finally, as an Arcanist, you must pick a specialty. Either healing or physical prowess.

Anyway, first turn has officially started. Either pm me or post your turn in this thread. The first turn write-up is coming as soon as I get clarification from Archangel.
EVERYONE? From the setting, it appears that only some people do.

I shall modify accordingly then.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 05:12:37 pm »

I should have made that clearer. But yeah, everyone falls into one of the Castes. With the exception of the Nexii, but they're a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

I have Strife's turn. Everyone else, you've got 'til the end of today, my time. (give or take, about 11 hours)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »

I guess I'll look around the shops at this Festival.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 05:51:07 pm »

Theodore is standing by the shady side of a building with crossd arms, observing people as they pass by.
His nightly deeds at the other end of the city have been noticed by the local authority, but they have yet to find the identity of the killer.
He lets out a big silent yawn, even tough he dosn't need much sleep, he is feeling strangely tired today. It's a rather calm day afterall, calm but too crowded for him to comletely relax.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 11:11:37 pm by Ultimuh »

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 05:56:39 pm »

Oh, and as for building structure, its extremely chaotic. Most are reasonably low to the ground, but style varies immensely. There is, of course, no metal or nearly no metal used in their construction. Therianthropes tend to live in immense mutated trees, Arcanists generally live in the communal brick buildings of the Orders, Warlocks live hidden away in their underground Warrens, Ferals sleep wild, and the rest take whatever they can get.

The only real architecture is the great Crystal Tower in the dead centre of town. It was the first structure erected, is about a hundred metres high, made of solid glass, and is studded with waterfalls, hanging gardens, mirrors, and other things of beauty to show off the newfound unity of the Orders.

On that note, I don't think I've explained the Orders. They are a large group of guilds, one for each Caste, responsible for the wellbeing and actions of their Castes. They offer employment, academic studies, contract work and the like, as well as being the main governing and policing force.

Ultimuh - please say what you're going to do, for at least a few hours. Also, I've finally decided pms are preferable, so I can tweak turns or offer you options if necessary.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 06:03:46 pm »

Ultimuh - please say what you're going to do, for at least a few hours. Also, I've finally decided pms are preferable, so I can tweak turns or offer you options if necessary.

(Oh right, sorry about that.)

Look around for something interesting, whatever it might be.
But stay in the shadows for as long as possible.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:25:21 pm by Ultimuh »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 07:33:54 pm »

Archangel, your guy may need a little tweaking. For simplicity's sake, may I throw him into the world with amnesia? Also, he may be separate from the others for a while, simply because his garb is that of either a city guard or a foe. Finally, as an Arcanist, you must pick a specialty. Either healing or physical prowess.
For specialty, healing. Please tell what about his clothing marks him as a guard, so I can change it?

How will giving him amnesia make the game simpler?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 07:37:22 pm »

Oh, well I'm headed over to the Therianthrope(?) guild.

I mean, come on. I have so much to learn!

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:39 pm »

Archangel - the metal, and the runes, and to a lesser extent, the freaky colours. Metal is worth more than its weight in any equivalent non metal currency. Ferals eat it (in rare cases), Metalmorphs (not a Caste you can pick, but they're there) utilise it, the Artificiers build stuff with it and the Tech-Heads (long story short, a group of bad guys) have salvaged most of it. There's almost none left. Wearing metal, and fancy armour, means you are a. rich and b. out to kill stuff.

And the amnesia is more helpful in the telling things from your POV. It's not necessary, but it would help. Especially since I can't help but imagine him as the kind of guy to blurt out his real ethnicity and origin at the first opportunity and be subsequently locked away  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19