Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1213366 times)

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (OOPS)
« Reply #3885 on: April 07, 2011, 01:16:04 pm »

Thanks!

Seems to be working just fine now.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: April 07, 2011, 04:58:39 pm »

Ironhand, you still have the old link in your signature by the way. :)

Cerdo Guerrero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: April 07, 2011, 05:43:04 pm »

It's been more than a week since April's Fools, could you please fix the front page?

My best friend tried to download this pack yesterday before going out on a trip and since his english isn't very good he just couldn't read recent posts looking for a link.

That said, thanks for making this graphics set. I managed to get some of my friends to try out Dwarf Fortress thanks to it.

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: April 07, 2011, 06:35:44 pm »

Also shameless plug: The Lazy Newb Pack now has both the April Fools version and the regular .57 version of Ironhand included and easily interchangeable  :P
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

dieffenbachj

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Smiles
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: April 07, 2011, 06:54:29 pm »

I'll just wait till next patch before downloading, see if any TTF fixes make my poor awesome fortress playable again :P

Though I suppose I could get dfhack to clear off all blood spatters... does that effect blood on creatures, too? Because it's mostly my kittens coated in layers of game-crashing blood...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: April 07, 2011, 06:59:02 pm »

Alright, I have to know-- What did you do to the DF files to make the colors all acid-trip like that?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: April 07, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »

Alright, I have to know-- What did you do to the DF files to make the colors all acid-trip like that?
init colors I would assume
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: April 07, 2011, 07:46:52 pm »

init colors I would assume

Maybe, that would make sense.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

methodology

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: April 07, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »

I'll just wait till next patch before downloading, see if any TTF fixes make my poor awesome fortress playable again :P

Though I suppose I could get dfhack to clear off all blood spatters... does that effect blood on creatures, too? Because it's mostly my kittens coated in layers of game-crashing blood...

yeah it's like a ticking time bomb making me afraid to cursor over any dwarven child, cat or dog lest they crash me out. You can in the meantime make a waterfall or bath area near your front entrance somewhere that all animals and dwarves have to wade through that will scrub them clean if they happen to pick up some game crashing blood from outside (goblins). It's great to have even if there wasn't a crash anyways.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: April 07, 2011, 11:53:33 pm »

Hey, guys. Sorry I haven't updated ANYTHING recently.
I've been busy since the weekend...

If you didn't see it yet, though, check this out:
Spoiler: Toady's made CITIES!!! (click to show/hide)

Looking forward to that release! Although, it's a real pity constructions aren't flammable yet...
WHAT THE...

I don't know how did I miss that. Man, that looks sweet.

P.S. It reminds me of Daggerfall cities for some reason :D. Mostly because I expect lots of randomly placed inns/shops with strange names, and guards saying "Halt!" near those gatehouses :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: April 08, 2011, 01:44:24 pm »

I'm new to DF (3rd fort now), and loving it thanks to Ironhand's graphics but I have a problem.  I started a new fort from someone else's pregenerated world, and although it plays fine, walls are occasionally represented as trees or mushrooms making it a little confusing placing doors, etc.

If I read Ironhand's instruction in the main post correctly, I should only need to get the latest release (0.57u), install it, and copy the new /raw/ directory to /data/save/regionX/raw/.  However, after this, the game freezes when I select the save associated with /regionX/.

I'm playing 31.25 for OS X - does anyone have any suggestions?  TIA.

Edit
I get lines and lines of errors like the following in the parent terminal window when it crashes:
2011-04-08 14:46:27.131 dwarfort.exe[11009:5403] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1e59ab0 of class NSCFString autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 01:48:24 pm by THEFEZ »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: April 08, 2011, 01:46:19 pm »

It's probably the engravings.

Try going into your d_init file and find the "engravings start obscured" bit.  That should fix it.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: April 08, 2011, 01:52:34 pm »

I went into d_init and changed ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED to NO - same freeze/error spam.  :/

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: April 08, 2011, 01:54:22 pm »

the engravings can be toggled with d->v

engravings start obscured only effects new ones.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: April 08, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »

A friend of mine is running a Mac, and would like to use this great tile-set. Any tips on how to install it? I assume that the file linked on the main page is Windows-only.
Never pet a burning dog.

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 329