Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1213359 times)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #3945 on: April 16, 2011, 09:38:57 am »

Yeah, thats not a tile we can pick.

The smoothed floor tile is used to signify wounds.

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: April 16, 2011, 09:45:36 am »

good to know...thx lama

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: April 17, 2011, 05:33:35 am »

please steal Phoebus round walls. they are pure concentrated awesome :o

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: April 17, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »

Ran into this while bug hunting for LFR.

*** Error(s) finalizing the translation DWARF
Unrecognized word token: LLAMA

Well played, sir, well played.

saka-rauka1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: April 24, 2011, 01:36:33 pm »

Could anyone explain how to tell which items are encrusted? I've read (and seen in videos) that they have double brackets around the item name. However, with this graphics set I get square brackets joined together, for example:[]. With truetype turned off I just get tiles where quality markers should be.

Am I right in thinking that the square brackets represent encrusted items? If so, how can I tell which is which when I have truetype disabled?

Also, a more general question but since I am posting here I might as well ask; how can you sell items from barrels (e.g dwarven wine). With bins you get the items inside displayed underneath the barrel itself in the trade window. But with barrels this isn't the case.

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: April 25, 2011, 03:13:14 pm »

Could anyone explain how to tell which items are encrusted? I've read (and seen in videos) that they have double brackets around the item name. However, with this graphics set I get square brackets joined together, for example:[]. With truetype turned off I just get tiles where quality markers should be.

Am I right in thinking that the square brackets represent encrusted items? If so, how can I tell which is which when I have truetype disabled?

if i understand you right, then [] would be the "exceptional" quality. with ironhands tileset (at least with my settings) and truetype enabled and encrusted item would simply have several quality modifiers. each indicating the quality of the work that was done (e.g. quality of main item, quality of first encrust, etc.). as far as I remember (i usually don't care that much about idividual quality then overall item value) the order of the symbols is the same as the order of the work done, e.g. every new quality modifier wraps around the previous item resulting in something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, a more general question but since I am posting here I might as well ask; how can you sell items from barrels (e.g dwarven wine). With bins you get the items inside displayed underneath the barrel itself in the trade window. But with barrels this isn't the case.
simple answer: you can't sell the items in the barrel without selling the barrel
to free the barrel you would have to dump the stuff in the barrel first, by manually sellecting it
and then reclaim the dumped stuff and tag it for trade. in this case a good location for the garbage dump would be near the trade depot ;)
this only works for some cases though, since dwarfen whine would simply result in a large spill on the floor which I doubt any elf woud trade his exceptionaly encrusted wooden training sword for

saka-rauka1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: April 26, 2011, 02:56:29 pm »

if i understand you right, then [] would be the "exceptional" quality. with ironhands tileset (at least with my settings) and truetype enabled and encrusted item would simply have several quality modifiers. each indicating the quality of the work that was done (e.g. quality of main item, quality of first encrust, etc.). as far as I remember (i usually don't care that much about idividual quality then overall item value) the order of the symbols is the same as the order of the work done, e.g. every new quality modifier wraps around the previous item resulting in something like this:

simple answer: you can't sell the items in the barrel without selling the barrel
to free the barrel you would have to dump the stuff in the barrel first, by manually sellecting it
and then reclaim the dumped stuff and tag it for trade. in this case a good location for the garbage dump would be near the trade depot ;)
this only works for some cases though, since dwarfen whine would simply result in a large spill on the floor which I doubt any elf woud trade his exceptionaly encrusted wooden training sword for

Ah right thanks. So the quality symbols have changed? [] isn't what the wiki gives as being exceptional quality. Is there a list or something that I can consult?

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: April 26, 2011, 10:42:20 pm »

The quality labels haven't changed. it's just that the font you're using doesn't have a "three horizontal lines symbol, so it uses the square "unknown symbol" symbol instead. I'm not sure that it's fixable until all the truetype stuff gets finished.

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: April 27, 2011, 03:29:52 am »

ah...didn't know that it was the "unknown" symbol. I thought it was on purpose because its so similar to "three horizontal lines".
all the other quality modifiers are like in the wiki though. just get used to the new exceptional quality symbol and you'll be good

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:11 pm »

Hey just curious, whens the update coming? Im kind of excited for it!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: April 27, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »

An update, huh?

Awesome! I can't wait!

...seriously, though, mostly it was just an excuse for the April Fools Day thing.
But I think all we're missing is a dozen animals or so. I'll see what I can do about them.
I've got two more days of finals, and then I head straight to my new internship on Monday.

Getting settled in is my top priority, but hopefully that'll calm down quick and I'll be able to sprite.

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: April 28, 2011, 04:59:19 am »

take your time m8
just don't abandon us ;)

Perapsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:19 pm »

How do I update it? I downloaded the update only version, what now?

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: April 29, 2011, 01:25:46 am »

An update, huh?

Awesome! I can't wait!

...seriously, though, mostly it was just an excuse for the April Fools Day thing.
But I think all we're missing is a dozen animals or so. I'll see what I can do about them.
I've got two more days of finals, and then I head straight to my new internship on Monday.

Getting settled in is my top priority, but hopefully that'll calm down quick and I'll be able to sprite.

Updating as necessary

Major graphical update underway!

(The new walls are in the current package as supplementary tilesets.
Just rename the one you want to test as "ironhand.png", and boot it up!)

Release planned for next weekend!

I saw that and just figured. Sorry wasent aware it was a april fools thing!

Might i suggest something though. Would it be possible for you to just overlook a few things. I've noticed that a few things arent meshing. It's most likely the older objects and items meshing into the later stuff. I've honestly just been playing through my game but sometimes certain things just jump out and look oddish.

It would be cool for you to keep this updated, and even go back on some of your other sprites and that and change them and update them!

I really love your artwork!

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: April 29, 2011, 02:15:53 am »

jump out and look oddish.

I wish Oddish would jump out at me. then I could evolve it into a Vileplume and make perfume to trade!

/shot for such an obscure and old reference
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 329