Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1212980 times)

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #4035 on: August 06, 2011, 01:18:27 am »

...I almost always play humans...Dwarves are to easy and I cant stand playing them as a surface race....I am weird like that.

I cant find a set of human sprites for stonsense either...no human love it seems

The variation (job classes & such) of sprites for other races in Ironhand's pack does seem a bit limited.

I do not find any graphics set for playing humans on the Dwarf Fortress File Depot and I doubt one was ever made. However, perhaps the follow would be a start? 

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: August 07, 2011, 12:38:02 am »

thanks I will tinker with those when I get a chance

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: August 07, 2011, 01:32:15 pm »

I was actually wondering if you could one day make some different tile for different traps. Could look really more awseome and be less confusing at the front gate where spike, stone fall, huge spiked ball, rotating blade and cage traps are all grouped together.

More than the confusion problem, it would just look great!!

You did an outstanding job so far, I feel bad about that but I just can't stand the ASCII, I will always play with your graphic set.

I am pretty sure the trap icons are hardcoded, so not possible for modders to change at all...
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

AlteredTomorrow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: August 14, 2011, 11:38:24 am »

I love this graphics set, it is my favorite of all the ones I can find.

However I'm having a problem in-game.  Sometimes in combat actions will overlap or get cut-off so I can't see entirely what's going on.  Is this a bug within the game or a problem with the graphics set?  I don't notice it happening on other sets.

Khaless

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: August 20, 2011, 04:08:34 am »

I have a problem, that the line with the selected item on the units and jobs screen (and probably some other screens as well) is "black on black" and thus unreadable. Is there any way to change that?

Rockmole

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: August 28, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »

I have a problem, that the line with the selected item on the units and jobs screen (and probably some other screens as well) is "black on black" and thus unreadable. Is there any way to change that?
I have the same exact problem. Plus it seems some names are cut off, perhaps wider characters like ö and ø and whatever they use sometimes. example with Th and Al in this image: http://i.imgur.com/Ieq2X.png
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 01:05:24 pm by Rockmole »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: August 28, 2011, 02:16:35 pm »

Names cutting off are a truetype problem, turn it off to fix that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Subdane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:22 am »

Love this tileset been using it for awhile now :)
But perhaps someone could help me with something? When you create a new world and look at the world map, im not sure what all the "signs"/symbols mean... Like how do I recognize magma/lava on the world map? or a goblin tower and so on???
I figured out the volcano, but there are so many signs I have no idea what they represent...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: August 29, 2011, 12:09:48 pm »

magma is everywhere, you just need to get deep enough.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49:52 am »

I tried installing this on my mac, but it doesn´t change critters and dwarves, they are letters and weird dwarf-like shapes unlike the ones in the dwarves.png file. Anyone have an idea what went wrong? Terrain and items work, it´s creatures that doesn´t work.
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: September 04, 2011, 02:40:39 pm »

Perhaps you didn't update the raw files within your savegame?

Forumite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: September 04, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »

Perhaps you didn't update the raw files within your savegame?
It was something like that, only the first region I created had this problem, the next one and the arena worked fine.

Problem solved, thanks!
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: September 08, 2011, 06:33:32 am »

So, I totally love Ironhand, and all my friends who play df use it too. It even got my girlfriend interested ("OMG THAT LLAMA IS SOOO CUTE!!! Can I build a fort just to collect animals?") hehehe.

I have a question, however, regarding colours. I don't know is this is quite the right place to ask, but I'm looking to change the default colours for underground cavern moss. It's usually on the floor of caverns, but I'm afraid the colours of blue/yellow/grey makes things look too dark for my likings, and I was hoping to change the colour to be a little more green, so my underground garden can be a bit more cheerful... and remind me less of the blood of underworld creatures :P. Is this possible? Does anyone know how?

Thanks everyone :)!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: September 13, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »

So, I totally love Ironhand, and all my friends who play df use it too. It even got my girlfriend interested ("OMG THAT LLAMA IS SOOO CUTE!!! Can I build a fort just to collect animals?") hehehe.

I have a question, however, regarding colours. I don't know is this is quite the right place to ask, but I'm looking to change the default colours for underground cavern moss. It's usually on the floor of caverns, but I'm afraid the colours of blue/yellow/grey makes things look too dark for my likings, and I was hoping to change the colour to be a little more green, so my underground garden can be a bit more cheerful... and remind me less of the blood of underworld creatures :P. Is this possible? Does anyone know how?

Thanks everyone :)!

These are defined in plant_grasses.txt in your raws.

Each type of grass has a line that reads something like

[GRASS_COLORS:3:0:1:3:0:0:3:0:0:0:0:1]

Each trio of these numbers corresponds to a color.  These colors (pulled from cave moss) are mostly 3:0:0 or 3:0:1, which are shades of cyan.  Changing the 3's to 2's will make cave moss more of a green color.  Repeat as desired for other underground grasses.

This page on magmawiki should help if you want to learn more about how DF handles colors.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: September 13, 2011, 07:16:38 pm »

Ah, thanks very much! That's super handy. I shall go forth and mod the colours.

Pink unicorns may be a side effect... :D
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 329