Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1213136 times)

dieffenbachj

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Smiles
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4590 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:30 am »

The only solution is to get Ironhand's girlfriend into Dwarf Fortress--but not just that, also make it so that she uses Ironhand's Graphics Set, so that she DEMANDS he update it.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: May 21, 2012, 09:38:37 am »

Oooohhhh..... dwarfy decision:) Now how do we contact her and make her love DF?.... that may be a problem:(

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:14 am »

The only solution is to get Ironhand's girlfriend into Dwarf Fortress--but not just that, also make it so that she uses Ironhand's Graphics Set, so that she DEMANDS he update it.

I tried that, and was laughed at because "I'm busy all the time playing "The Matrix"".

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: May 21, 2012, 11:23:43 am »

I tried that, and was laughed at because "I'm busy all the time playing "The Matrix"".
People still play that waste of money?

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: May 21, 2012, 11:31:29 am »

People still play that waste of money?

No, she just though that the ascii characters are like those green thingies from the screens on "The Matrix", and that I was essentially decoding them to understand what was happening.

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: May 21, 2012, 11:33:21 am »

Heres a few wip shots of the new minecart tracks I made.

in-game:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/f99qo
embark map:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/1hcgx

Very nice, I'd love to be playing with those right now ... just designated a double-width haulage track from layer 3 to layer 157 to bring my ore down for smelting and food supplies for the workers.  The various pick-up locations would look much better with this set.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: May 21, 2012, 11:54:21 am »

Updated for 34.10

Ironhand 0.72 with game
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Ironhand 0.72 upgrade
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6320

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: May 21, 2012, 11:55:29 am »

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: May 21, 2012, 02:51:14 pm »

Thanks GoldenShadow. I appreciate your efforts.
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:47 pm »

Is there any way at all to have more than 256 tiles on the tilesheet, or have multiple tilesheets? I wonder if I can replace some of the unused alphabet characters. A lot of them are only used for text according to the wiki, but shouldn't this be redundant if you have truetype turned on?

These letters are only used for text or animals, which can have their own graphics:

A - also used as a tile in the farmer's workshop
B
C
E
F
G
H
J
K
L
M
N
P
Q
R
S
T
U
Y
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 03:16:08 pm by GoldenShadow »

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: May 21, 2012, 03:11:52 pm »

Is there any way at all to have more than 256 tiles on the tilesheet, or have multiple tilesheets? I wonder if I can replace some of the unused alphabet characters. A lot of them are only used for text according to the wiki, but shouldn't this be redundant if you have truetype turned on?

Last I checked, not all the text in the game has been replaced with truetype.
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »

Heres a few wip shots of the new minecart tracks I made.
First, thank you for updating the graphics. Comments then on your addition and changes.

in-game:http://www.freeimagehosting.net/f99qo
Mine Tracks looks great, no complaints about them. Good work on the change.

embark map:http://www.freeimagehosting.net/1hcgx
Roads and Rivers, not so much. For a brief look for finding your Embark site it might be bearable, but come time you decide to enter Adventure Mode it looks absolutely horrible. In the Travel mode, or the Zoomed in Mode when your in a Hamlet, the road tiles become overpowering and it really encourages you to start training your Ambushing skill whenever you come anywhere near a hamlet or town, because you really don't want to be in the travel screen all that long with it.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: May 21, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »

Any suggestions on how to fix it. I very rarely play adventure mode.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:10 pm »

Wild boar shows up as a "B"

Not sure if that's been reported yet.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: May 21, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »

I can't really give you any good suggestions. To spell out the problems in detail -

-Because of the size of the track, it makes the tile look bright, and when you have half your screen as road in a hamlet, you get a massive amount of bright green. This is less of an issue in towns but still a bit of an issue.
-There can be a lot of rivers and roads in addition to the Hamlets, and this further increases the amount of tracks your going to be running around on the screen.
-The Tracks themselves can also be a jumbled mess in a Hamlet or Town, making it difficulty to understand which way to maneuver.

Besides reverting the track tiles to the old straight line that was like before or creating two different tilesets with one focused on Adventure Mode and the other on Dwarf Fortress I'm not sure there can be any suggestion for improving the tiles as is.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 329