Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1211578 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4680 on: May 07, 2013, 07:52:03 pm »

Question, on world gen the rivers look like railways for carts, it's that okay or I installed the set wrong?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4681 on: May 07, 2013, 07:54:50 pm »

Thats ok. Phoebus has the same, its nothing you could change.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Argenteus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: June 11, 2013, 12:06:00 pm »

How do I install this for Linux? Is it possible, or is it Windows only?

danaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: June 11, 2013, 12:38:58 pm »

How do I install this for Linux? Is it possible, or is it Windows only?

All tilesets are cross-platform. You need only copy the files into the appropriate folder in your DF folder, then change your init files to look for them in the right place.

Covelite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: June 20, 2013, 12:30:04 am »

Is there a key, for what all the tiles mean? I have just started my first game and I have no idea what any of the symbols mean.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: June 20, 2013, 05:05:21 am »

Is there a key, for what all the tiles mean? I have just started my first game and I have no idea what any of the symbols mean.
press [?]. There's a list somewhere. I think it's dynamic and adapts to whatever the tileset is using.
In either case, it's normal for people that just start out using DF to use [k] a lot to look around and see what is what.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Arucard

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: June 29, 2013, 07:18:28 am »

Right, you'll just have to play with it for some time to get used to the symbols, it's the same for vanilla DF. Even if the same symbols weren't reused for other things, there's no way to automatically recognize everything unless you sit and study a spreadsheet or something (which I don't personally find fun or interesting but to each his own, right?). I've used Ironhand's for so long that I have trouble recognizing things if I use Mayday's or even the old ascii.

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: August 22, 2013, 01:57:28 pm »

It's not that I don't like you. It's just that I like this other girl better. :D

You know what would totally get me back into spriting?
Full graphics support.

Thanks again for the tileset ... still loving it.  After fifteen years of marriage, I can tell you you'll feel like playing again some day lol

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: September 06, 2013, 04:15:07 am »

Ironhand has made me too used to his graphics. Playing with other tilesets feels so empty inside.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Marrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: December 19, 2013, 10:38:53 pm »

is there a tileset similar to this for the newest version of DF?

i just cant get used to letters representing terrain

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: December 21, 2013, 10:13:22 am »

This version works for the newest version of DF.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: December 24, 2013, 12:28:43 am »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (now for DF 0.31.16!)
« Reply #4692 on: March 24, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »

Sure, go ahead!

Just give me (and Wormslayer) credit for it.

I started game development on Dwarf-based game and I would like your permission to use the Ironhand tileset. Of course I will credit both you and Wormslayer. The game is not ready for show and tell, but I do plan to sell the game - best case scenario. 
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: June 12, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »

In case the hiatus ends sometime soon, with a new version incoming: 

You may be interested in the new Text will be Text plugin, which allows you to set up a separate tileset for text to the rest of the tiles.  As of version 2.01 (2014-06-04), it also allows you to add an arbitrary number of additional tilesets, tiles from which can be set to override specific items or building tiles.  This functionally implements eternal suggestion #4 for full graphics support. 

I'm going to include this in the Starter Pack, and it would be great to have a 'pure text' version of your tileset that can be dropped in.  Most of the letters are already clear, but there's a few things like the quality symbols and any changed letters, numbers, and punctuation which are hopefully easy to include in a pure text tileset, and would make things a lot easier to read in cases where truetype doesn't work or has been disabled. 

Any further stuff like overrides would be awesome, but given the rate of updates (including recently a demo of allowing different tile width for the menu) you might not want to invest too much time just yet - but don't let anyone stop you if it look fun!  It's also probably a good way to deal with the whole walls-as-leaves thing that's going to come up in the new version, though that's still not so bad as the cursor/stairs/bins/'x' mixture. 

Please don't feel any pressure - I just thought it worth sharing with the people who have done the work to make pretty graphics happen already  :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: June 13, 2014, 12:17:22 pm »

I think I may need to change my undies now.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 329