Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1212730 times)

Gunnarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4725 on: July 19, 2014, 07:50:25 am »

ok i found my save files, so, how do i get

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.31:Graphics_set_repository#Ironhand_and_Wormslayer.27s_Graphics_Pack

these (GRAPHIC SETS?) in there?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 07:52:33 am by Gunnarr »

Harmonica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: July 19, 2014, 08:46:05 am »

That version of the graphics pack there is I think pretty old and out of date now, because Ironhand updated the version in this thread beyond your game version. Unfortunately, I am not sure if it would be possible to find a version that matches your exact Dwarf Fortress game (you may find one floating around somewhere - if you do, you could selectively install certain files - ask here if you do).

edit: okay Gunnarr you're in luck, I have I think reconstituted the version of Ironhand's files that he released for 31.25! :) The only version I could find was in fact contained inside an April Fools release he did that made everything into llamas but don't worry, I found a separate 31.25 version of his graphics that are not in fact llamas, and I believe he didn't go to the lengths of changing anything else! Probably!

edit2: I also added in his dwarves from later versions as I believe they will display fine (if it was you that downloaded it before I edited this, please redownload!).

Here is the file.
1. Backup your existing Dwarf Fortress install folder.
2. Extract everything in this zip directly into that folder (you should be asked if you want to overwrite files, if you do not get this message then you didn't extract it directly over the top).
3. Now, in order for your save game to show these new graphics, you will need to copy the raw folder in this zip on top of the raw folder inside your save game folder. This folder will be in data\save\region#\raw - where region# is the correct folder for your save game, it tells you this on the 'Continue Playing' screen (you can however simply copy the raw in the zip into every existing region if you don't know which one it is).

Enjoy, and I hope it works :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:39:05 am by Harmonica »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: July 20, 2014, 02:40:07 pm »

Updated to 0.40.04 Only a couple of binary files and the .exe were different, easy update.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:35:47 pm by GoldenShadow »

Exovian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: July 21, 2014, 06:38:53 am »

Thank you so much for updating this; it's easily my favorite tileset and the one I learned to play on.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: July 22, 2014, 04:43:29 am »

GoldenShadow - the upgrade pack still results in minor miners and baby managers, include an empty graphics_example.txt in order to clobber the existing one.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:50:29 am by Panando »
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: July 22, 2014, 07:22:24 pm »

GoldenShadow - the upgrade pack still results in minor miners and baby managers, include an empty graphics_example.txt in order to clobber the existing one.

Done.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:25:48 pm by GoldenShadow »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: July 23, 2014, 08:02:00 pm »

Hey, I upgraded to .04 and I am experiencing HUGE FPS drop. As in literally 50-100 less.
I was wondering if you still had the link for .03 version that I could downgrade to.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: July 23, 2014, 09:59:14 pm »

Download the ironhand upgrade pack for 40.04, the raws are identical to the 40.03 version of ironhand. Download Dwarf Fortress 0.40.03 and copy and paste the upgrade pack into the folder structure, replacing all the files.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: July 23, 2014, 10:52:56 pm »

So I have been attempting this for quite some time now, and I have not been able to get it to work.

I had a fort I started in .03, then carried over to .04. Figured out it would be completely impossible to keep playing on that so I asked for your help.

Downloaded .03 SDL (not small), downloaded from that link you gave me. Extracted files from .03, extracted and replaced files from your download upgrade link.

Dropped in my entire save folder of two saves, one which I never played on .04.
Edited init.txt and d_init.txt to my liking. Changing Economy off, FPS to uncapped, Windowed off, Intro off, Sound to 200, Mouse off.

When I start it up, region2, the one I never played on .04 is the only one that shows up. Playing it ends up with 100+ fps. However this is not the fortress I wanted.

Am I doomed to be unable to play my region1 save on .03 now?
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

oakmage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: July 26, 2014, 09:11:19 pm »

Thanks for porting this GoldenShadow. This tileset has been my favorite for a long time.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: July 27, 2014, 07:09:41 pm »

Updated to 0.40.05
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:03:51 pm by GoldenShadow »

PhantomXD

• Bay Watcher
  • Digging designation cancelled: warm stone located
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: July 27, 2014, 07:22:59 pm »

Thank Armok for you guys.  ;D
Ironhand's Graphics Set

Bottom line is, the wiki is your friend, and error is your teacher.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: July 27, 2014, 07:29:07 pm »

Updated.

This is just the game, not the graphics that updated?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03:36 pm »

To clarify, I am merely porting the graphics pack to the latest release of Dwarf Fortress. I am not developing it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: July 27, 2014, 08:19:08 pm »

I suppose I should be asking "If I've reduced this to an upgrade pack in the Starter Pack, do I need to repeat that process?  Or are the raws and graphics the same, and it's just the 40_05 executables (ie not graphics stuff) that updated?"
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 329