Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1217406 times)

Harmonica

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.49!!!)
« Reply #2865 on: October 01, 2010, 01:22:37 am »

31.14 is pretty unstable. I got several crahses from looking at certain parts of Legends, changing my fortress name and embarking.

*sticks to 31.12*

I agree! However, I was between fortresses when I installed the new version and have since deleted the old version. Now I can't find it anywhere!

Is there anywhere to download one of the earlier, more stable versions of this set until the various crashing and text issues are gone?

I'm not sure if there's a repositry of them anywhere, I assume Ironhand has them saved. I myself have 0.46 zipped but you'd probably want 0.48 (latest pre-true type)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:24:13 am by Harmonica »

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 01, 2010, 01:50:19 am »

31.14 is pretty unstable. I got several crahses from looking at certain parts of Legends, changing my fortress name and embarking.

*sticks to 31.12*

Yeah, this is because the o-circumflex character is causing some sort of weird line ending or code interrupting error, instead of turning into a block like the rest of the diacritics.  I made a bug report when 0.31.13 came out.  Sounds like based on what Baughn said earlier in the thread that it'll be fixed in the next patch.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 05, 2010, 08:24:22 am »

Oh, wow, new versions...

It might be the weekend before I get around to updating, though.

Also, Baughn: when can we expect all that delightful awesome manual tiling stuff?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 05, 2010, 09:54:17 am »

Come on, update! There's just a few tweaks, and I already use your 0.49. I wish truetype fonts were aligned properly and were more beautiful though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zanethda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 05, 2010, 10:15:55 am »

Meant to comment on this sooner, herp derp easily distracted. I always admire the ability to fit such detail into a small amount of space, and these sprites are no exception. You've done a fantastic job, and it looks like you managed to do quite a bit with that extra pixel width on each side. High fives for you, good sir.

I think I need to go hunt down where this fancy upcoming graphical support was mentioned. It sounds quite lovely, and I'm trying to fit together a tileset of my own >_>

Yeah, this is because the o-circumflex character is causing some sort of weird line ending or code interrupting error, instead of turning into a block like the rest of the diacritics.  I made a bug report when 0.31.13 came out.  Sounds like based on what Baughn said earlier in the thread that it'll be fixed in the next patch.
Was wondering which character was eating the rest of the text after it. D: Makes job cancellation messages even more aggrivating.
On the item is an image of Ngom Fishsin the goblin and a alligator in mountain goat leather. The alligator is striking down Ngom Fishsin. The artwork relates to the killing of the goblin Ngom Fishsin by a alligator in Crueljoy in The Mechanical Spine in the late autumn of 11 during Kaguskok, "The Crazy Assault".

Yardo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 06, 2010, 06:43:15 pm »

Using it with ver31.16, works. Just had to merge the raws that come with Ironhand's pack and the new raws from the new version.
Only issue I have is that the pillars look like the wheel symbol also used on the trade depo. Can't seem to find how to use the nice
square ones from the set. So all walls end in a wheel for now, I can live with that. :)

ginsweater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 06, 2010, 07:51:28 pm »

Only issue I have is that the pillars look like the wheel symbol also used on the trade depo. Can't seem to find how to use the nice
square ones from the set.

I believe it's in d_init.txt (in the data/init directory). Change PILLAR_TILE to 199.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:02:42 pm by ginsweater »

Yardo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 06, 2010, 09:07:49 pm »

Ah, thanks, that is a place I did not check yet. I'll have a look as soon as a get home.

rntrndrw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 07, 2010, 03:12:38 am »

Could someone upload there merge with 31.16, please?

I really want to try out this tileset, it looks amazing

Nemo157

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 07, 2010, 06:43:21 am »

I have done a quick merge of Ironhand's update with 31.16.  Only part of the raws other than graphics that seemed different was something about llama's and I think prepared food, these weren't added and just left in diff.txt.

Tried generating a quick fort and it loaded fine, will start up a fort and post any problems I find.

http://db.tt/hhd0gKS

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: October 07, 2010, 08:35:58 am »

I think I'll be able to get to it shortly.

Oh hey, what do you call a group of dwarves?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nemo157

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 07, 2010, 08:55:59 am »

Awesome :)

I have found one problem with just merging the raws, the miners are getting the child picture instead of the miner one, other than that its working.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: October 07, 2010, 09:51:44 am »

People have had that problem before...

I think it's because you've got a "graphics_example.txt" file in your raw/graphics folder.
Try killing that (or just removing all the text from it so it's an empty file) and see what happens.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (0.491!!!)
« Reply #2878 on: October 07, 2010, 10:50:30 am »

I don't want to call it 0.50 yet, because I'm waiting for that cool stuff that Baughn's promised us...

Anyway ENJOY!

Also, I'm trying my hand at making music just for the fun of it.
It's in there if you want to play with it.

I think Toady's is better, though.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (now for DF 0.31.16!)
« Reply #2879 on: October 07, 2010, 11:04:00 am »

Also also, check out our most recent Minecraft project.

It's a nice boat. Three and a half decks. Portholes, gun windows, storage, three masts, crow's nest, the whole nine yards.

We lit it on fire.
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 329