Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1213331 times)

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (OOPS)
« Reply #3900 on: April 08, 2011, 02:22:28 pm »

I went into d_init and changed ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED to NO - same freeze/error spam.  :/
Your original problem could be fixed by toggling engravings. Your new problem has been caused by your attempt to fix your first problem.
You'll need to fix your savegame's raws.

Are you sure the pregenerated world is compatible with 31.25?
Do new worlds that you create after you installed Ironhand's graphic pack now also crash ?

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: April 08, 2011, 09:14:02 pm »

A friend of mine is running a Mac, and would like to use this great tile-set. Any tips on how to install it? I assume that the file linked on the main page is Windows-only.

I installed the mod no problem on my Mac.  My last fortress had no graphics glitches at all, it's only now with the pre-generated world I'm playing.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »

A friend of mine is running a Mac, and would like to use this great tile-set. Any tips on how to install it? I assume that the file linked on the main page is Windows-only.

I installed the mod no problem on my Mac.  My last fortress had no graphics glitches at all, it's only now with the pre-generated world I'm playing.

EDIT: never mind, I see you've already tried this.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:19:00 pm by narhiril »

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #3903 on: April 09, 2011, 12:24:49 am »

Just dropping by to say thanks again. Been using this tileset for a long time and is still my favorite.

ghiacciato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: April 09, 2011, 07:48:29 am »

Thanks for providing the links to the current version again, but I still seem to have problems.
I've been using the update archive, and copied the art and raw folder over; I _DID'NT_ overwrite my init folder, because I set some other stuff there, but I manually changed the "Gaphics" settings to "YES" - yet it still displays the example dwarves instead of the right ones.
Is there anything else I need to change in the inits, or something? :/

EDIT: It seems it's just a problem with me using my old savegames from the unmodded 31.25. Can I update these somehow?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 07:54:42 am by ghiacciato »

Aalto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 09, 2011, 08:03:41 am »

Aye, just copy over the raws from the df folder to the save folder.

ghiacciato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 09, 2011, 08:16:54 am »

Aye, just copy over the raws from the df folder to the save folder.

Oh, it's that easy! Thanks! Now I can finally enjoy this best of all graphic packs :)

EDIT: I still have some minor problems, I can't see waterwheels anymore, for example.
Oh well, I think I'll just start a whole new fortress then.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:35:20 am by ghiacciato »

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 09, 2011, 09:20:25 am »

I went into d_init and changed ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED to NO - same freeze/error spam.  :/
Your original problem could be fixed by toggling engravings. Your new problem has been caused by your attempt to fix your first problem.

Do new worlds that you create after you installed Ironhand's graphic pack now also crash ?

I was doing that with a copy of DF.  After I got the freezes, I just trashed the copy and went back to playing the glitched original 31.25.

Currently, I'm playing the premade world, and have the graphic glitches, but no freezes, etc.  So I quit, went to d_init, and set engravings to NO.  Note: in this DF, I have not copied the raws to my save folder.  When I started the game back up, I still have the glitched walls (including areas that my dwarves have never touched like cliff faces).

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: April 09, 2011, 09:25:21 am »

I was doing that with a copy of DF.  After I got the freezes, I just trashed the copy and went back to playing the glitched original 31.25.

Currently, I'm playing the premade world, and have the graphic glitches, but no freezes, etc.  So I quit, went to d_init, and set engravings to NO.  Note: in this DF, I have not copied the raws to my save folder.  When I started the game back up, I still have the glitched walls (including areas that my dwarves have never touched like cliff faces).
Try to only copy "inorganic_stone_layer.txt" and "inorganic_stone_mineral.txt".
From "/df/raw/objects/" to "/df/data/save/regionX/raw/objects/"

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 09, 2011, 10:57:14 am »

It was generated in 31.18 - not sure if that's compatible or not.  (May not be.  If I use the world_gen.txt entry from the pre-save I'm using I don't get the same world.)

Edit: Clarity.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:12:07 am by THEFEZ »

THEFEZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 09, 2011, 11:11:00 am »

Try to only copy "inorganic_stone_layer.txt" and "inorganic_stone_mineral.txt".
From "/df/raw/objects/" to "/df/data/save/regionX/raw/objects/"

AWESOME!  That fixed my microcline problems, so I went back and copied the other inorganic_*.txt files to the /regionX/raw/objects folder and now all is as it should be.

Thank you so very much.

ghiacciato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 09, 2011, 05:06:57 pm »

Seriously, some tiles are still invisible for me, even with a new "installation" and using no old savegames whatsoever...
Are water wheels supposed to be completely black? Same with some tiles on the embark menu maps...does the graphic set change some RGB-settings in the inits, or something like that?
It's a shame, really, I just completely love this graphic set overall, but blank/black tiles where there should be something is just a downer...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:24:57 pm by ghiacciato »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3912 on: April 09, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »

Thanks for providing the links to the current version again, but I still seem to have problems.
The link has been in the original post the whole time, and has never changed...

ghiacciato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 10, 2011, 12:06:24 pm »

The link has been in the original post the whole time, and has never changed...

When it was still the April Fool's Day's 0.0PS, all I could find were the former versions...

So, seriously no one can tell me why my water wheels (using the same tile as smoothed E-W walls, I noticed) are displayed black, and if there's any fix for this?

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: April 10, 2011, 01:24:31 pm »

So, seriously no one can tell me why my water wheels (using the same tile as smoothed E-W walls, I noticed) are displayed black, and if there's any fix for this?

I figured, since I don't know any fix, I should keep my mouth shut... ::)
I never saw any bug like with the waterweels. Especially not after installing a complete ironhand version and generating a new world :-\
Ironhands Version always worked fine for me, except for the occasional crash while looking at blood (screw you damn gobblins!)
I'd just wait for Phoebus - the god of bugfixing - to come by and trow in some suggestions ;D

Thanks for all the awesome work you're putting in, lama.
I even got to like the diagonal walls, although I told myself from the beginning that edgy is the only dwarfy way :o
but your diagonal style is just AWE...wait for it...SOME! 8)
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 329