Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1207202 times)

ghiacciato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #3915 on: April 10, 2011, 03:15:45 pm »

I took some screenshots from a freshly extracted version of the Ironhand 0.57.zip, for reference.

Note that E-W waterwheels don't seem to be affected, they are displayed fine.

I know I'm pretty annoying with keeping to go on about this, it just bugs me...

Also, crashes while looking at goblin blood?

EDIT: No, they're not inactive. And I was asking mux what he meant when he was talking about "crashes while looking at goblin blood".
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:28:33 pm by ghiacciato »

Aalto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 10, 2011, 03:23:25 pm »

Edit: nm me then :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:05:03 pm by Aalto »

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: April 10, 2011, 03:57:38 pm »

So, seriously no one can tell me why my water wheels (using the same tile as smoothed E-W walls, I noticed) are displayed black, and if there's any fix for this?

I figured, since I don't know any fix, I should keep my mouth shut... ::)
I never saw any bug like with the waterweels. Especially not after installing a complete ironhand version and generating a new world :-\
Ironhands Version always worked fine for me, except for the occasional crash while looking at blood (screw you damn gobblins!)
I'd just wait for Phoebus - the god of bugfixing - to come by and trow in some suggestions ;D

Thanks for all the awesome work you're putting in, lama.
I even got to like the diagonal walls, although I told myself from the beginning that edgy is the only dwarfy way :o
but your diagonal style is just AWE...wait for it...SOME! 8)
The black waterwheel is most likely caused by one of Ironhand's tile with no background color being used by the game using a background color only.

Those would be the NS & EW river tiles alternating with the NS & EW wall tiles. Background color only. I think Ironhand's EW river tile is filled with foreground color. (the one river tile that doesn't fit with the other river tiles)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:15:16 pm by Phoebus »

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: April 10, 2011, 06:58:08 pm »

Spoiler: "Unit list, notice the gap as it renders the selected line black" (click to show/hide)

Also, crashes while looking at goblin blood?

EDIT: No, they're not inactive. And I was asking mux what he meant when he was talking about "crashes while looking at goblin blood".
The black line in the unit list is not a bug...it's a feature :P
no seriously...as far as I understand it its a problem with TTF fonts that only toady can fix, and he has other stuff to do right now :/
Solution would be to turn TrueType of in your init file

The goblin blood crash is related to some missing tiles, which cause a crash...i really don't understand much about it, just experience it from now to then (more often the older my fortress gets  :'()
all that stuff just has been talked about around page 252 of this thread

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 13, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »

Hi guys I just booted up ironhand's set and it looks amazing.. Great work Ironhand!

I've been away from DF for a year so been trying to get back into it and I just died on my first save after 20 minutes haha.
Anyway I was wondering if anyone could recommend a graphics pack for monsters which wont look out of place in Ironhand's set? I encountered spiders on my first save and they appeared as 'S's.. my dogs/turkeys were fine though.

mux951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 14, 2011, 10:46:22 am »

actually there are spiders already included in ther graphics pack. Was it maybe a megabeast?

I havent encountered spiders yet, therefore I can't tell if it's a bug or a feature that they are not showing. but looking at the critter.png they are definitely included.

Slugman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: April 14, 2011, 01:26:47 pm »

Yes, spiders are definitely in there. Giant cave spider, phantom spider, cave spider at the very least and I don't think I've ever seen any other common spider type. To my knowledge only the latest wildlife additions are missing (badgers, capybaras, etc.) and they will be included in the next update as far as I understand.

But, but, but... I have a different problem actually. I've always seen people talk about the healthcare screen and also seen a few screenshots but I've never actually seen this screen work on my own version of DF. Neither the treatment history of a dwarf, nor the steps that are still missing to finish his treatment. There are no entries at all or at least they are all black.
Is this a problem with this graphics pack or am I just doing something wrong?

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 14, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »

You've got to designate a chief medical dwarf in your nobles menu before you can access your health screen.

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:00 pm »

It was a Giant Cave Spider just checked my logs.. I had difficulty responding quickly enough cause I couldn't see any creatures among my dwarves haha.
No matter I'll just wait for the latest update.. could have been a random bug.

Loving this ironhand look more everyday

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: April 14, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »

My giant cave spiders looked like spiders (before batmen killed them), but my Forgotten Beast spider looked like giant S (before batmen killed it). I suppose that you need to play with raws, or played with them too much?

Lortath

• Bay Watcher
  • Alway symmetric, alway perfect, alway.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: April 14, 2011, 06:10:22 pm »

Hey Ironhand,

Just saying is your tileset who convince me to play this wonderful game.
Your all made pack is really good, and I continue to use it.

A small post, for a great guy.
Thank you for improving the game in your way. (Also, thank to other modders who helped you)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: April 14, 2011, 07:50:23 pm »

Cool, thanks.

As to the spider thing, Forgotten Beasts will always just be text for now. There's nothing we can do about it.

And I know nothing's happened in like forever, but that's because classes are getting crazy near the end of the semester.

In other news, I got a summer internship with Bethesda Softworks!!! :D   So I'll be doing 9 to 5 (or whatever) this summer as well.

Still, 9 to 5 is better than the 24-7 that I'm doing now, so I should be able to get more done starting in May, when classes end.

Greendogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: April 14, 2011, 09:11:15 pm »

Holy crap!  Nice internship!  Good luck with that!
Sail - The end reminds me of a goblin choking a kobold.  No ponies, sorry.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: April 14, 2011, 09:40:23 pm »

As to the spider thing, Forgotten Beasts will always just be text for now. There's nothing we can do about it.

That's not actually true, though not many people know it. Something like this would work just fine:

Code: [Select]
[TILE_PAGE:FORGOTTENBEASTS]
[FILE:beasts.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:4:5]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1]
[DEFAULT:FORGOTTENBEASTS:0:0:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_2]
[DEFAULT:FORGOTTENBEASTS:0:1:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_3]
[DEFAULT:FORGOTTENBEASTS:0:2:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]

etc.

Just repeat that 200 times, or however many forgotten beasts there are, and your beasts will have proper graphics.  Sure, the graphics won't have anything to do with what the beast actually looks like--but hey, graphics!

You can do this for demons (DEMON) and titans (TITAN), too.

Phoebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: April 14, 2011, 10:06:55 pm »

In other news, I got a summer internship with Bethesda Softworks!!! :D
Congrats on the intership! :)

That's not actually true, though not many people know it. Something like this would work just fine:

Code: [Select]
[TILE_PAGE:FORGOTTENBEASTS]
[FILE:beasts.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:4:5]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_1]
[DEFAULT:FORGOTTENBEASTS:0:0:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_2]
[DEFAULT:FORGOTTENBEASTS:0:1:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:FORGOTTEN_BEAST_3]
[DEFAULT:FORGOTTENBEASTS:0:2:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]

etc.

Just repeat that 200 times, or however many forgotten beasts there are, and your beasts will have proper graphics.  Sure, the graphics won't have anything to do with what the beast actually looks like--but hey, graphics!

You can do this for demons (DEMON) and titans (TITAN), too.
Like DEMON_1, DEMON_2, DEMON_3, etc.?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 10:11:30 pm by Phoebus »
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 329