Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1207463 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4605 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:50 pm »

Wild boar shows up as a "B"

Not sure if that's been reported yet.
I just ran into some weasels, and they showed as "w".  From checking the graphics files it looks like weasels, giant weasels and weasel men lack sprites at this point.  I'm using 0.71 added to Phoebus (I like the Ironhand dwarves very much ;) ).

By the way, GS, you might check Phoebus's tracks if you haven't already.  Not sure if they will integrate well with Ironhand, but they should give you some nice ideas on how thing can work.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: May 21, 2012, 09:39:55 pm »

I wonder if inverting the track tile's color and keeping the alpha transparency the same will do the trick.

Tweaked it a bit:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/9md46
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/8p2ub
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:52:17 pm by GoldenShadow »

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: May 21, 2012, 11:17:07 pm »

That looks far more bearable on the eyes at least. The Tracks still look out of place of course for the roads and rivers but at least it wouldn't be such a strain on the eyes for those using adventure mode.

I'll note that I agree with Krenshala that you should check out how Phoebus implements its roads/rivers/tracks. It's simple but a well done design.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: May 22, 2012, 03:10:07 am »

Playing matrix? Just put Ironhand tileset there and it seems less matrix that way:)

Wavecutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: May 22, 2012, 06:14:19 am »

My wife always comments that I'm "playing with my dots" when she sees me playing DF.
We farm and kill mermaid children. Its too late to worry about political correctness.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: May 22, 2012, 06:44:58 pm »

So is Ironhand no longer being updated?  I see "on hiatus" on the first post.  It's always been my favorite graphics set.

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: May 22, 2012, 06:53:59 pm »

So is Ironhand no longer being updated?  I see "on hiatus" on the first post.  It's always been my favorite graphics set.

It's being maintained, just not by Ironhand.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: May 22, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »

It's being maintained, just not by Ironhand.

ok sweet.

*goes back to eagerly waiting for it to match up with .10*

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: May 22, 2012, 09:18:37 pm »

It was since .10 came out. check a few pages back.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: May 23, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

The only solution is to get Ironhand's girlfriend into Dwarf Fortress--but not just that, also make it so that she uses Ironhand's Graphics Set, so that she DEMANDS he update it.

I tried that, and was laughed at because "I'm busy all the time playing "The Matrix"".
People still play that waste of money?

No, she just though that the ascii characters are like those green thingies from the screens on "The Matrix", and that I was essentially decoding them to understand what was happening.
Oh, I see. The way you worded it and the quote, I read it as her saying she was playing the Matrix, and I immediately thought of that godawful MMO.

ZombieRacoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: May 25, 2012, 06:56:40 am »

Pardon me if this is the wrong place to ask, but, I'm having trouble getting minecarts and wheelbarrows to appear in my game.

I *had* been using the lazy newb pack, and playing 34.07 with MayDay, graphics. Since then, I've restarted in 34.10, downloaded the very latest Ironhand update, copied the data nad raw folders into my DF folder, but do not have acccess to barrows or carts.

I can confirm that in the raws, in the tools text file, carts and barrows are the last two items in the file.

What else might I be missing?

Also, the Ironhand graphics pack is great. Being new to it, though, is it "right" that boars show up as B and weasels are w, amongst a few other things...? I mean, I'd be surprised if there were graphics for literally everything, but there seem to be some (possibly, depending on your definition) noteable exceptions.

NOT a whinge, just a question! :) I sure as hell couldn't do any better!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: May 25, 2012, 07:27:40 am »

My guess is that if you're loading an older save, the game only adds in the default minecarts if there's none in the raws.

Remove them and try again.

ZombieRacoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: May 25, 2012, 07:52:08 am »

Ok, I almost follow that. Remove the from the raws (check), then try *what* again? Adding them?

Are you suggesting something like remove from raws, start game, save and exit, add to raws, start game?

Or are you saying remove them, re-add them and then start a new game? That'd make me momentarily sad, but hey, DF's all about the starting voer after *some* kind of disaster! :) Who says the disaster ahs to be in-game, eh?

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: May 25, 2012, 09:56:45 am »

Ok, I almost follow that. Remove the from the raws (check), then try *what* again? Adding them?

Are you suggesting something like remove from raws, start game, save and exit, add to raws, start game?

Or are you saying remove them, re-add them and then start a new game? That'd make me momentarily sad, but hey, DF's all about the starting voer after *some* kind of disaster! :) Who says the disaster ahs to be in-game, eh?

1) Go to your Dwarf Fortress directory. Copy the raws folder.
2) Go to your save game, copy over the raws folder there.
3) Profit!
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

scionreaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: May 25, 2012, 09:06:42 pm »

I'm using the Ironhand 0.72 full pack with the game included, fresh copy, genned a world there, and shot bolts have the tile of mine cart rails, I think. A few letters in whatever mode it is after you hit F12 have been replaced with miscellaneous tiles including two levers and some stone tiles. Also there's issues with letters fading out randomly (as if there were invisible black bars blocking words at random). I've tried copying raws and so forth. Any other ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 329