Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1207173 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4620 on: May 25, 2012, 09:56:39 pm »

This somewhat expected behavior. We are limited in the number of tiles and a lot of them are being shared many times over. The black bars is a bug and I haven't heard if anyone knows how to fix it. I suggest keeping True Type turned on (F12), otherwise the game uses the tileset to draw text instead of a font.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: May 25, 2012, 10:07:19 pm »

Ok, I almost follow that. Remove the from the raws (check), then try *what* again? Adding them?

Are you suggesting something like remove from raws, start game, save and exit, add to raws, start game?

Or are you saying remove them, re-add them and then start a new game? That'd make me momentarily sad, but hey, DF's all about the starting voer after *some* kind of disaster! :) Who says the disaster ahs to be in-game, eh?

remove them from your save raws.

Don't add them back.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: May 26, 2012, 01:23:06 pm »

Also there's issues with letters fading out randomly (as if there were invisible black bars blocking words at random).
I too am having this, but I haven't really seen anything in my lazyman lurking to see what's causing it.
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: May 26, 2012, 01:43:17 pm »

Also there's issues with letters fading out randomly (as if there were invisible black bars blocking words at random).
I too am having this, but I haven't really seen anything in my lazyman lurking to see what's causing it.

It's a problem with DF's TrueType implementation.  Using TrueType causes that.  There's no way for any graphics pack to fix it, it will have to be worked out on the development end.  The best way to combat it is just to save and restart when it gets too bad, a freshly-opened copy of the game ought to be free of it for a little while.  You could also turn TrueType off with F12 to fix it, but it'll mess up the tiles.

River

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: May 30, 2012, 03:45:38 pm »

Is it normal for Ironhand's Graphics Set to display all military dwarfes incorrectly?

I'm using it on the current (v0.34.10) version, and all my military dwarfes (at least in the stock menu (z)) are displayed as a Stoneworker. The same thing happens when I download the current official release of Ironhand's with v0.34.07 included; nothing but Stoneworkers in the stock menu, again.

So, I guess this is a bug with the release? Is there anything I could do about it?

EDIT: Well, color me green, I'm getting the exact same problem when downloading a completely different Graphics Set, and generate a completely new world! Is DF just bugged like that in the current release, or do I have some file somewhere on my PC that's messing everything up?

EDIT2: Well, shame on me. It seems this issue is neither a new one (first reported back in 2010), nor does it affect the actual military dwarfs units, only the status screen. Sorry!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:45:13 pm by River »

scionreaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: May 30, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »

The blackout bars occur whenever I'm already in truetype and scroll through/select a unit. In that case, it seems to extend a black box (the background of the text) further out to the right than it should, occluding any words behind it (i.e. when I go to the unit list screen to scroll through my dwarves, it blacks out the job behind the dwarf sometimes as I scroll down. It's not for every single line, but it IS always the second dwarf at least).

So, turning off true type yields the obvious horrible giant blocky text in menus, fraught with repeated tiles for certain things (like the grate tile and number sign tile being the same).

I'm assuming you can't disable custom graphics on just the menu portions. As of now, this is basically unplayable for me (my only two choices are either large portions of my text are outright missing, or the menu is just way too blown up to read when not in truetype, leading to words being compressed to ridiculous, unreadable lengths).

I don't suppose there are any other workarounds aside from restarting the game a lot, because I'd much rather use this tileset than the default ASCII.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:38:22 pm by scionreaver »

Seikatsukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro magna iustitia.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: May 31, 2012, 01:43:01 am »

For all those having problems with black squares/bars hiding text on the menus:

This is not a "fix", since the problem is in the code, but you can make those black bars go away when they get too annoying, at least for a little while, by changing the zoom level. You can change it back to normal immediately, it still removes all the black bars. They'll come back after a while, but it's nothing game-breaking IMHO.
Quote from: Naryar
It's simply an escaped demon posing as a god. Still a badass killing machine, but nothing your dwarves can't handle.
Quote from: �
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: May 31, 2012, 04:34:19 am »

Switching to full-screen helps a lot.

And the black bars that extend are because irregardless of the width of a letter in a true type font the game will still render it at full normal tile-mode width, and because "truetype" display shows many more letters the game is rendering a massive long string which is why the black bars appear.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:58 am »

What IS the basis for that bug anyway? Something in the basic game code?  I'm guessing there's a missing bracket somewhere in a general value.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: May 31, 2012, 02:19:50 pm »

It's an internal issue which Toady will need to fix, it should be incredibly easy depending on how hacky his TT implementation is.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Lac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: June 02, 2012, 10:20:27 am »

Bug 5097 refers to vanishing TrueType text and has more info about the cause.  It is assigned to Baughn, although his last input was in March - to ask Toady if he could pass additional info in the call.  It also features in the worst bug poll.

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: June 04, 2012, 07:00:45 pm »

Updated for 34.11

Ironhand 0.73 with game
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Ironhand 0.73 upgrade
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6320

vertinox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Let's Play Dwarf Fortress (tutuorial) Videos
« Reply #4632 on: June 04, 2012, 08:13:37 pm »

Updated for 34.11

Ironhand 0.73 with game
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6307

Ironhand 0.73 upgrade
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6320

Thanks for the quick update! Quick question, to upgrade from older version do I just need to extract the upgrade into my DF folder?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: June 04, 2012, 09:22:52 pm »

The upgrade is to add Ironhand graphics to a vanilla version of Dwarf Fortress 34.11

Copy your save folder to 34.11 and then replace the raws in the save folder.

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: June 05, 2012, 04:52:32 pm »

I noticed you've finally added graphics for demons, titans and forgotten beasts. Awesome! Are you planning to do bogeymen and night creatures soon?  They're both NIGHT_CREATURE_# in raws.

Incidentally, I've been working on some graphics for the procedural creatures as well. When they're finished, would you be interested in seeing them?  And are coloured sprites okay, or would you prefer I do everything in greyscale for ADD_COLOR?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 329