Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1207267 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)
« Reply #4845 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:18 pm »

If graphics are turned on, then everything in the /raw/graphics/ folder is loaded.

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: June 21, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »

indeed. the game does not care how many files there are in the raws as long as they are the right format.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: June 23, 2016, 10:56:56 pm »

Updated to 0.43.04

I'm just maintaining for new versions. I am not doing new art, I'll leave that up to others.

It sounds like newsamsam is willing to contribute that tilesheet, if you want to add it to your distribution. You can use any of those text files I made too if you like, and feel free to modify them too.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: June 26, 2016, 04:33:54 am »

GoldenShadow, you're doing a good job keeping this up-to-date and picking good tiles for creatures in the raws. Assuming Ironhand is okay with it, are you okay with your updated versions of Ironhand's graphics pack being included in Lazy Newb Packs?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: June 28, 2016, 08:00:20 am »

GoldenShadow, you're doing a good job keeping this up-to-date and picking good tiles for creatures in the raws. Assuming Ironhand is okay with it, are you okay with your updated versions of Ironhand's graphics pack being included in Lazy Newb Packs?

I have no problem with that. Updating to the new version only takes me like 10 minutes since doing it so many times. Its barely any effort from me.

I compare file changes between vanilla DF new and previous versions.
Then I get the previous Ironhand pack, and a copy all of the raws files that haven't been updated and do a text merge on files that have been updated. I use WinMerge for this. I haven't been playing DF recently, I just keep it updated to the newest version because if I miss an update, the differences start to pile up, making the process more tedious.

Anyone, feel free to put your new creature tiles in and just I will add them to my maintained version if you want me to.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: June 28, 2016, 03:33:31 pm »

Thank you. I saw your version had some fish tiles changed to the Ironhand fish tile where the GitHub version was using the shank of meat, so I thought you had made some improvements there, but I guess someone had just messed up the GitHub version.

While comparing your version to the GitHub version, I noticed that someone tried to fix a problem with lizard color when the new repiles were added, but it wasn't done quite correctly. I changed the tiles of all the lizards to match how Ironhand set them up.

Also, it looked like Ironhand intended some insects and birds to share a tile, but there were some new birds added since he stopped maintaining it, so I switched the new birds to use the same bird/insect tile instead of the snail tile.

I also changed some of the new fish to use the fish tile instead of the shank of meat tile.

You can get these versions of those /raw/objects/ files here from the links below if you want to use them.  The GitHub version is still on 0.43.03, but these four particular files are compatible with both 0.43.03 and 0.43.04.

creature_birds_new.txt
creature_bug_slug_new.txt
creature_large_ocean.txt
creature_reptiles.txt

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: June 30, 2016, 10:28:10 am »

Thank you. I saw your version had some fish tiles changed to the Ironhand fish tile where the GitHub version was using the shank of meat, so I thought you had made some improvements there, but I guess someone had just messed up the GitHub version.

While comparing your version to the GitHub version, I noticed that someone tried to fix a problem with lizard color when the new repiles were added, but it wasn't done quite correctly. I changed the tiles of all the lizards to match how Ironhand set them up.

Also, it looked like Ironhand intended some insects and birds to share a tile, but there were some new birds added since he stopped maintaining it, so I switched the new birds to use the same bird/insect tile instead of the snail tile.

I also changed some of the new fish to use the fish tile instead of the shank of meat tile.

You can get these versions of those /raw/objects/ files here from the links below if you want to use them.  The GitHub version is still on 0.43.03, but these four particular files are compatible with both 0.43.03 and 0.43.04.

creature_birds_new.txt
creature_bug_slug_new.txt
creature_large_ocean.txt
creature_reptiles.txt

I was merging your new changes into my release and was confused because I didn't see any differences birds.  I guess you made a typo and used the link for creature_birds.txt when you meant creature_birds_new.txt

EDIT: Updated with the new changes.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:40:10 am by GoldenShadow »

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: July 03, 2016, 04:08:46 am »

EDIT: Updated with the new changes.

Why do you not add my contribution?

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: July 03, 2016, 12:54:22 pm »

Oops. I didn't notice that it was ready to be added. I just now saw the raws to load your art on jecowa's post.

Updated with the new changes.

If I got something wrong, let me know.

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: July 03, 2016, 10:41:22 pm »

Wait......something went wrong.The gray background didn't look good at all.
I tried to make a new png with transparent background.but in-game the tile background turns black.
How can I solve this problem? 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:46:43 am by newsamsam »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: July 04, 2016, 07:34:48 am »

I don't know, try to do what the ironhand pngs did. I don't think there is transparency. The creature tile replaces whatever floor tile it is standing on.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: July 04, 2016, 10:56:33 am »

Try this version of the png file. It uses the same background as Ironhand's creatures.

newsamsam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: July 04, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

Try this version of the png file. It uses the same background as Ironhand's creatures.

You are fast jecowa! :D
I manage to figure it out too,it's the floor(or road) tile with some "glow" effect.
Here it is.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It looks darker but in-game it will look the same like orignal creatures.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:34:09 pm by newsamsam »

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: July 05, 2016, 08:12:20 pm »

Updated to 0.43.05

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: July 09, 2016, 08:51:14 pm »

I manage to figure it out too,it's the floor(or road) tile with some "glow" effect.

I didn't think to look in the main tilesheet for the background. It looks like it uses the tile to the left of the hyphen for the background – the tile where the comma would normally go.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 329