Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Governor  (Read 1038 times)

Aln

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Governor
« on: August 21, 2006, 10:29:00 am »

So..I Just recieved my Governor, along with 5 other nobles, the Bookkeeper, Miner and Mason Guild Master, another Ber (First one died via Giant Toad =O), and A Wise Zasit.
On top of the Manager, the Broker, Captain of the Guard and Mayor I have. If any of you seen the requirements for the Governor on the wiki, this will be a fun trip..

BTW its year number.., dunno its 1061, and I have 114 dwarves.

anyways just sharing that. But, has anyone else encountered the "governor" yet?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: Governor
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 10:44:00 am »

Yeah, they're very... demanding.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

The_Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 12:19:00 pm »

Speaking of Captains of the Guard, my sheriff got promoted to one when my mayor arrived (I assume this is the way things are supposed to work.)  However, when he did so, his desires were downgraded from "Office" to "Meager Office" and so on.  This was no skin off my nose -- the mayor got his quarters, he got shipped out to the slums -- but it seems a little backwards.

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »

In my current game, I ran out of food and my population dropped from 80 to 3 ( one was a noble). I managed to survive multiple lizardman attacks with just 3 dwarves, I thought that maybe i had a chance.

When spring rolled around, _16_ nobles showed up at my doorstep. This included a hammerer and a captain of the guard, whose first order of buisness was to give the last 2 remaining workers the death penaly. WTG!

GauHelldragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 12:43:00 pm »

By the way, I was only able to survive the dragon because a band of elven raiders came in and killed it in like 5 seconds, and the proceeded to slaughter half my war dogs and the human traders who had stuck around for no good reason.

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: GauHelldragon ]