Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Disappointed.  (Read 8177 times)

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:24 pm »

Shame that you're letting bugs that are in a TESTING RELEASE bug you this much.
NO! look how this works!

square has 4 ..walls.
that engine see ONE.
can you realize that or not.

remove that goddamn account please.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:56:16 pm by xoen »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 02:41:13 pm »

Didn't read all the posts, but if a person can't change the key bindings, I have just one think to tell: Dwarf Fortress isn't farmville.
i could learn ya how to rebind, moron.
foff. please, remove that acccount.
usa moron won't make fun off me.
Ye, fock, you are better, we know.

Chill out, I even didn't bother to read your posts. I was talking about the fact the OP couldn't change his keybindings and was complaining about it.

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 02:42:29 pm »

remove my account, plz.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:48:14 pm by xoen »

Squirrelloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 02:43:55 pm »

Squirrelloid, sure, tell me why d40 is almost 1.0 imho then?
i do not know what you want to see as 1.0, but dude, look how absudally complicated 31 scripting is.
and gui let you see/realize 1/400 of it(in fortress mode, notice).

Uh, what?

40d is not 1.0.  Its 0.28.181.40d.  The first number will become 1 when the second number becomes 100.  (The other numbers have since been discontinued).  That's a _long_ way away from 1.0.

It doesn't matter what I think 1.0 is, that's what Toady has said.  End of discussion.  All that's left to realize is that this is still a very early stage alpha release, and thus will change greatly.

Even regardless of how close to 1.0 it is, the fact that there was a 10% content increase between versions is enough to tell you that there will be major differences between the two.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 02:44:41 pm »

i do not know what you want to see as 1.0, but dude, look how absudally complicated 31 scripting is.
Oh, I see.
You're complaining because he added new features that made the game too complex for you.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 02:45:52 pm »

Oh, I see.
You're complaining because he added new features that made the game too complex for you.

you are so funny, lol.
ey, i said - remove my account - my languague skills aren't reason to consider me as moron.
you want to make some fun, go and fap.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:47:27 pm by xoen »

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 02:46:09 pm »

Chill out, I even didn't bother to read your posts.
sure, why bother.

k guys, report me and remove account, cya.

What's your problem, man? Couldn't you just keep playing the last version if you liked it so much?

Chicken Launcher

• Bay Watcher
  • Poultry Technician
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 02:48:22 pm »

What ever happened to just not playing the new buggy version yet if you can't deal with the bugs? I'm not sure how you can be capable of playing DF but not understanding that.
"Did you ever notice any time you see two groups of people who really hate each other, chances are good they’re wearing different kinds of hats? Keep an eye on that, it might be important." - George Carlin

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 02:49:51 pm »

First of all, man up.

I think we can pretty much /thread it at that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 02:51:17 pm »

When I saw a new version was avaliable I was happy, however it took about 20 seconds after my download had finished to be completely disappointed.  First I had trouble with using my old tileset, the one that makes this game what it is to me because it's what I'm used to, after no luck getting it to work I gave up and looked for something similar, having found that I loaded up the game only to find the window couldn't be resized, ok I thought, I'm sure there's a work around for this I'll find it after I play a bit, however this new version apparently doesn't like laptop keyboards because I couldn't for the life of me get - or + to work, over all it has been a pretty shitty experience with this new version for me.
1. I am sure you can find a tileset you like, look around.
2. Keybindings can easily be changed.
3. Resizing of the game window is a feature only found in OpenGL/SDL versions, not in the original releases. It will be available when the first OpenGL version is released.

I don't see how these small issues put you off so much. You did not mention the actual gameplay at all. I myself am very satisfied, despite many problems (which I expected of course). Keep in mind some of us have been waiting about a year and a half for this release, while your account was only created in February of this year.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 03:09:42 pm »

For the most part, these are just issues with two facts:

• Nobody's created a graphics pack that's fully functional for the new version yet (at least not one that works in its entirety and as intended). This is pretty far from Toady's fault.
  • The 40d# OpenGL/SDL updates haven't been merged in just yet, because there were still some lingering issues (probably) and it takes time to do. This will happen, though, so it's not something to worry about too much. Honestly, it makes sense to not merge that in yet, in a way, because it makes it easier to isolate bugs without wondering which ones were caused by the new graphics/input code and which ones are just program bugs, although this benefit may (or may not) be extremely minor.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 03:16:13 pm »

Xoen you've had a bad attitude in every post you've ever made. If you really want your account gone, just go to profile and change password to scrambled letters and leave forever, the community is much, much better without your irritating complaints

blkholsun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 03:19:09 pm »

remove my account, plz.
Why does your account need to be "removed?" Just don't post anymore, and you have achieved the same result.

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 03:40:55 pm »

I am not playing the new version, but I am not disappointed.
Still just struggling to much to understand the old version and it seems easier so I am still playing that.
I have downloaded the new version and done a world gen, I have downloaded the accelerator and ran it.
But I need Maydays and Therapist to play, they seem to be just about working according to the threads but I will stick with the older version for now.

I would be no use "testing" the new version anyway. I am excited about all the changes in the new version, just not ready for them yet.

Huggz

• Bay Watcher
  • Sherlock Wayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 04:05:57 pm »

When I saw a new version was avaliable I was happy, however it took about 20 seconds after my download had finished to be completely disappointed.  First I had trouble with using my old tileset, the one that makes this game what it is to me because it's what I'm used to, after no luck getting it to work I gave up and looked for something similar, having found that I loaded up the game only to find the window couldn't be resized, ok I thought, I'm sure there's a work around for this I'll find it after I play a bit, however this new version apparently doesn't like laptop keyboards because I couldn't for the life of me get - or + to work, over all it has been a pretty shitty experience with this new version for me.

EDIT: Mistargeted, apologies Pongo.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:22:46 pm by Huggz »
Proper English will make people take you more serious.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8