Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pleasing the sherriff  (Read 992 times)

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pleasing the sherriff
« on: August 21, 2006, 11:00:00 am »

In my last game, one of my first nobles was a sherriff.  I'd planned ahead and prepared several noble-quality quarters, but I'd failed to anticipate the need for a dungeon.  I quickly built three wooden cages and two copper chains, installed them, and set the room, but my sherriff wasn't satisfied.

Just how many cages / chains does it take to make this guy happy?

[EDIT:  I can't spell.]

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: FunkyWaltDogg ]

Hazman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pleasing the sherriff
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 11:07:00 am »

My sheriff just beserked and killed half my dudes.
Then my standing army didn't shoot at him and tantrum'd instead.
6 tantruming marksdwarfs + 1 crazy guy with axe = not fun. I believe there were about 6 casualties / 53 before I abandoned. Bye bye, nice shiny fortress. If only you'd contained useful ores and MORE CAGES I might have survived.

One point, being able to designate dwarfs to apprehend/attack would be nice. Then again, I suppose it'd change the game mechanic quite alot.

Janne Joensuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:09:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyWaltDogg:
<STRONG>In my last game, one of my first nobles was a sherriff.  I'd planned ahead and prepared several noble-quality quarters, but I'd failed to anticipate the need for a dungeon.  I quickly built three wooden cages and two copper chains, installed them, and set the room, but my sherriff wasn't satisfied.

Just how many cages / chains does it take to make this guy happy?

[EDIT:  I can't spell.]

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: FunkyWaltDogg ]</STRONG>

You have to designate the chains/cages for justice. I wasn't able to designate wooden cages for that, only metal ones - cloth/silk ropes worked fine, though. Weird.

You can see the amount he wants in 'z', it's on the same line with Animal and Kitchen orders.

Janne )`*

FunkyWaltDogg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 11:19:00 am »

Thanks a lot!

Just in case anyone was wondering, my berserking sherriff only managed to kill two other dwarves before my war dogs took him down.  I am definitely going to keep getting war dogs.  :D

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 12:17:00 pm »

I actually -made- my sherriff happy by putting rooms with chains in and setting them to 'justice' and fufilling all his needs.

Then my legendary metalsmith went and smashed a table, slapped the sherriff, and then ran off. I suppose my sherriff tried to hit him back, and that had the rest of my dwarves chase him, one of them breaking his leg before the Sherriff took him down, loosing his axe in the body in the proccess.

My Metalsmith did much the same a few minutes later as he snapped, and the rest of the fortress came after him.

I wonder how long it is until the rest of the fortress follows..