Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Practice Dummies

(1/1)

ChubbyPitbull:
Instead of forcing any melee dwarves to fight each other to improve weapon skills, how about creating a "practice dummy" that can be put in a barracks and then melee weapon dwarves can practice their weapon skills on it?They could be made of wood or stone (perhaps metal?), and degrade as they take dmg from the dwarves, and have to be replaced every so often (perhaps metal ones last longer than rock last longer than wood). Dwarves would still need to spar to raise armor/shield levels, and I would think a "wrestler" would gain little benefit from an immobile opponent (unless you count punching).

bbb:
as long as they can never be masterpieces (or masterpieces will never be damaged!)as for wrestler... um.. it'll probably help with gaining strength or with technique a bit.. i've seen in comics... judo practice with some sort of "solo" practice apparatus.. usually a rubbery rope of some sort tied to some fixed object (wall?) and they keep pulling the thing in the style of various throws.. or something like that.perhaps solo training will go up to say... professional.. further advance will need actual sparring.. which goes up to say.. adept.. with actual combat needed for further advance.[ November 17, 2006: Message edited by: bbb ]

Pacho:
I think it sounds like a good idea to train new soldiers up to a basic level.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version