Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What House Should We Join?

Hlaalu ( Backstabbing Businessmen )
Redoran ( Stupid Warriors )
Telvanni ( Nutjob Slavery Loving Wizards

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind! ( And Expansions )  (Read 4409 times)

Pathos

So, yes, after what happened to my last LP ( my laptop broke for some reason, and now does not work at god damn all ), I have decided to run this one, instead. Mainly for the fact I am currently playing on my television ( awesome ) and because Avernum got boring as hell ( not so awesome ).

Let's get onto it, and let's play...

Morrowind! ( And Expansions )
The Game
Oh, come on, you all know this. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind ( from now on known as TES3 ) is an open world, extremely freeform game that is lots and lots of fun. It has a relatively original setting, a great storyline and you can kill stuff. What more could you want?

First Choices:
Spoiler: Name (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Birthsign (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Class Archetype (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mods (click to show/hide)

Begin your voting!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:23:17 pm by Pathos »

Pathos

Re: Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind! ( And Expansions )
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:22:29 pm »

Diary Entry: The Date Is Scribbled Out

Woah, I had this weird dream just before I arrived in Morrowind, this morning. There was some creepy woman talking to me and ash and stuff like that. Truly eldritch.

Then I was suddenly awoken by this person called Jiub. He hadn't talked to me the entire trip, and just as we were arriving in Vvardenfell he asked for my name. I had to tell him, I don't think he was going to let me out of the cabin, otherwise.

Spoiler: Name Is Mine, Pewpew (click to show/hide)

The guard luckily came. I was too dizzy to defend myself, if he hadn't and Jiub had pressed his advances. But, I don't know if it was the ship or the guard or the fact I had a headache the size of a bull netch, but that guard just looked strange.

I finally got off the shitp, and made my way to what appeared to be the Exercise Office. Before I got there, though, ANOTHER guy stopped me and asked me what race I was. I thought it was meant to be taken as an insult or a joke, because I'm 100% dark elf - waist down and waist up. But, no, it turned out that the guard was just a bit slow. Poor guy. It's not his fault he was born an Imperial. He really missed out on the sulphuric air that eventually flows over Morrowind and promotes healthy brain growth.

By then, I finally managed to clear my head a bit and look over the scenic town of Seyda Neen. It wasn't that bad looking, although they had a giant tick thing that put a real fear of this place in me.

Spoiler: Scenic, Yeah Right (click to show/hide)

I eventually got into the damn Censorshipcise office only to be asked more questions about my heritage and what sort of a profession I leant myself to. I told him I knew the honourable arts of both combat and magic ( us Dunmer learn both from birth, even if it's just mildly ) and he informed me I'm a Spellsword. Who'd've thunk it?

Of course, I subsequently betrayed everything I'd said and filched everything I could from the place. It turns out it's true. Imperial Law IS ridiculously lax towards immigrants.

In the process of looting the place Whilst I was receiving the brilliant gifts of the mighty Imperial Nation ( I make myself laugh sometimes ), I found an awful magical ring. Really, this thing had barely any enchantments on it at all. I pocketed it, too. You never know when it might come in useful.

Some guy told me some stuff about having to deliver a package for him, but I ignored that and asked him a bunch of irrelevant questions. I also pocketed the key he had lying behind him, but that goes without saying. He then shoved me out of the door, informed that stuff might actually happen out there if I stole things and threw the package ( luckily along with instructions ) at my head.

Some simpering bosmer came up to me and asked me if I'd seen his beautiful shiny ring. I'd heard of this stuff before, and I wasn't going to let him through it into any sort of volcano, but then he offered to tell his friend that I'd helped him out - and apparently that guy could help me fence legitimately sell my stolen legitimately gained goods. I took him up on this, of course.

I went and fenced legitimately sold my stolen entirely legally gained goods. I also bought myself a mismatched set of armour and a not terrible claymore. I do, however, feel some real shame from doing this. I traded with an ALTMER. Daedra-damned finger waving pansies.

Spoiler: Bloody Altmer (click to show/hide)

At least I look pretty dangerous.

Spoiler: Current Looks (click to show/hide)

After that, I went and had a look around. I found some luminous rusella or something, which I've heard gives a real cool trippy glow to skooma if you mix it allows you to find your entirely legal anti-Corprus medicines in the dark if you mix them together. Oh, and I killed a mudcrab. Disgusting creatures. And then I asked a guard about stuff and he tried to force me to join his Imperial Legion or whatever, and that isn't such a bad idea - but it's best to be never too eager. Also, it felt like I was talking to the back of his head.

Spoiler: Drugs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mud Crab (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Legion (click to show/hide)

So, yeah, I went and tried to find out how to get to this Balamorya place, and it turns out I can either take the path there which may be filled with lots of stuff to loot and stuff which may have lots of places to procure items of unquestionably legal authenticity or take the Silt Strider up there ( that's what that big weird thing I saw earlier is called, apparently ). Or, you know, I could hang around in Seyda Neen, meddle for a bit and rob wherever this key leads to.

Spoiler: Take The Long Way Home (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meddle, Meddle, Meddle (click to show/hide)

So, yep, ladies and gents, pretty much three choices. Meddle in Seyda Neen for a bit and get some gold etc or head to Balmora and do the main quest / guild quests. And we can travel via silt strider or the road. Use your choosing abilities NOW.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:24:35 pm by Pathos »

Pathos

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:38 pm »

Reserved second post for the point of it.

Can you guys post what class archetype etc you want? =p

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:33 pm »

Begin your voting!

Name: Kaylerin
Race: Dunmer
Class archetype: (custom) battlemage
Birthsign: The Apprentice
Personality: Severe xenophobe racist who hates the imperials and wants to rid morrowind of all foreign devils, and wavers between allowing the argonians and khajiti to live as slaves or simply exterminating them.
Mods: Creatures X, Overrun Dagoth Ur Facility

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:13:07 pm »

Alright, my votes:

Race:  Dunmer (Also, seconding LordBucket in favour of female)
Birthsign:  The Lady (Mmmm, endurance...)
Class type:  Axe-wielding warrior with some magic (Restoration, perhaps)
Mods:  I'd say Great House Dagoth, but of course you'd have to abandon the main quest for that one.  So, actual ones:  Vality's Ascadian Isles and Bitter Coast; especially the latter, since it makes the area actually look like a swamp.
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Pathos

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:19:32 pm »

Great House Dagoth

I'll install it, and we'll see how everyone feels once the plotline gets a bit more exposed.

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »

Hehe, good idea.  You still get a choice when the time comes anyway, after all.  :)
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:04 pm »

SPEARS SPEARS SPEARS.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Pathos

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 03:27:31 am »

I'm gonna do my first post later tonight. More votes!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 04:17:38 am »

Name: Sven
Race: Imperial or Nord
Birthsign: The Ritual
Class: Crusader
Mods: Your choice.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:11 pm »

Name: Varen Draren
Race: Dunmer
Class archetype: Assassin
Birthsign: The Lady, the Lover or the steed

Weapons of choice: Crossbows and daggers

Skill recommendations:

Main attributes: Speed and agility

Main skills: Short blade, marksman, sneak, light armor, block

Secondary skills: Wayne

Or the imba mage..

Name: Valeryon
Race: Breton
Class Archetype: Wizard
Birthsign: The atronach

Intelligence and Willpower (Or luck)

Skills: Destruction, Summoning, Restoration, Alchemy, Enchant

Mods: Better Bodies

Pathos

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 03:39:40 pm »

Bumpy! I'll do this once I'm alone, ladies and gents. ;D

Pathos

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 07:25:40 pm »

First post up! I do apologise for the class, but I tried for an amalgam of all your choices.

Also, feel free to suggest another way we can go, but dungeon looting at this point is pretty damn deadly.

Also, lol 75 Endurance.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »

Not if you know what you're doing(IE: take advantage of game-breaking spells)

I recommend looting balmora, then heading off to find tarheel.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4