Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Easier Jobs

(1/2) > >>

Haedrian:
Lets say in theory I have a few dedicated farmers. Now eventually winter will turn up, and so they'll spend the time idling around, so I decide to give all of them butcher, brewery and cooking jobs. Currently I have to find them all one by one (even using the dwarf list) and play around with their labour options. For 2 dwarves its alright, for 5? 10 ? it turns into a problem.What this suggests is being able to group dwarves into a labour group, to give them EQUAL labour options. Once you change one, all of them will take those jobs.
-
I'd also like the ability to sort the dwarves in the dwarf list. Currently its sorted by Dwarf type. Could we have it (the option to anyway), sorted by job? Maybe I'd like all those who are idling to be at the top of the list instead of havign to scroll through 150 names to find an idler.

dreiche2:
Hm, the principle of the squad interface could actually be used for the labour groups...

Eagle of Fire:
I was thinking exactly the same thing, but I was more looking forward for "templates" than for "workgroups". Even tough the workgroup is perhaps even better than my own template idea.  :)

Axehilt_VuP:
Agree with both ideas.  They both seem rather easy to implement too.A "Select Idle Dwarf" hotkey would be another nice improvement.Also, vaguely related to selecting idle dwarves is that it'd be nice if Looking at them with (K) would let you access their full menu of options rather than just their happiness and recent experiences.

ctrlfrk:
I have 10 working dwarfs, and a military of about 150. There are times when i wish i could just select the entire military for hauling jobs only.
I COULD go through each dwarf and change it's jobs away from the masonry or mechanics or jeweler or whatever they were when they migrated here, but for 150 of them taht would take a long long time  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version