Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Graphic Set] Deep Qantas: Expanded v1.52 - Now for v.31.03  (Read 19592 times)

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Graphic Set] Deep Qantas: Expanded v1.52 - Now for v.31.03
« on: April 07, 2010, 11:46:32 pm »

Deep Qantas: Expanded is my attempt to complete Deep Qantas' original tileset (by and far my favorite tileset) and expand it for the new versions.  It's a non-square 14x16 set, which I think makes words easier to read, and windowed mode doesn't take up the entire width of a 1280x1024 monitor.  It also includes many professions for other races (human, elf, goblin).

* * * D O W N L O A D * * *
http://stele.korusuu.net/files/dftile/releases/df_31_03_dqe_v1_52.rar
This pre-installed version lets you generate your own world and start playing without needing to change any settings.  Note that the resolution/grid is pre-set for a 1280x1024 screen but can be edited as needed in data\init\init.txt.

http://stele.korusuu.net/files/dftile/releases/dqexpanded_v1_52.rar
This only includes the graphic set.  Extract into your Dwarf Fortress main folder and copy the raw\graphics folder into any worlds you already generated.  Note that the resolution/grid is pre-set for a 1280x1024 screen but can be edited as needed in data\init\init.txt.

This doctored v.31 screenshot shows goblins and trolls trying to break in from the south farm while dwarves stand ready.  Some subterranean creatures have come in from the stairs.  There is also a kobold master thief skulking in the furniture stockpile.

I am still working on completing this, using Dystopian Rhetoric's tileset as a base.  This does include the new medical professions for dwarves, but not for other races yet.  I know a lot of animals are incomplete (I hate drawing animals), but I'm working on it.  The sea creatures are pitiful but very low priority as I never see them.  I haven't really explored the caverns yet, but I did notice raws for new creatures.  I'll probably work on adding those next as I encounter them.

Changes from v1.51 - v1.52:
Improved "thresher" graphic for all races.  Some minor tweaks here and there.

Changes from v1.5 - v1.51:
Added tiles for all dwarf-equippable weapons.  Unfortunately, I only later realized that there is no specific scimitar, flail, morningstar, and long sword professions, but they are there anyway.  Also added a new tile for soap/lye/potash professions (they all use the same one -- may differentiate later... but all reference materials I see make them look exactly the same).

Click below to view the actual tiles
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Click below to view older screenshots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decided not to bump the Old thread as it's, well, rather old.
Comments/criticism are appreciated.  I'm not an experienced pixel artist by any means.

(Also, thank you, Dystopian Rhetoric and Deep Qantas if either of you ever see this)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:31:55 am by Stele007 »

Hakazaba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Graphic Set] Deep Qantas: Expanded v1.5
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:57:23 pm »

Uh, dont graphics sets currently crash the game?
Also have you thought of useing a single tile to make the ground look more like ground, as opposed to ',.'.,'..,,',.', you only have to sacrifise your .

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:12:35 am »

Uh, dont graphics sets currently crash the game?
Also have you thought of useing a single tile to make the ground look more like ground, as opposed to ',.'.,'..,,',.', you only have to sacrifise your .

No, but you have to disable graphics to generate a world then do some copy & pasting to get it to work.  I've already done this to the pre-installed version.

I actually like the varied ground tiles, but if you'd like only one ground tile, you can change the following option in your data\init\init.txt:
 [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:NO]

Edit: I don't believe arena mode full works with graphics right now, though.
Edit2: Just fixed the pre-installed version to have the newest version in there.  If you were downloading it, you may need to redownload it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:30:06 am by Stele007 »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 12:14:46 am »

Graphic tiles work.  You just need to use the right format (.bmp, not .png files)

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Graphic Set] Deep Qantas: Expanded v1.51 - Now for v.31.02
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »

I updated this for the new version and added some more tiles.  See the edited original post.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:26:20 pm »

Looks very nice, DL'ing now.

Feed back in a mo.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »

Awesome stuff, gonna use for graphical version of DF Genesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Graphic Set] Deep Qantas: Expanded v1.52 - Now for v.31.03
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 11:33:33 am »

Just updated this for the new version.  I haven't made many changes as my fort ran into difficulties with the liason dead and what I think to be a naked axe lord who crashed whenever he tried to get clothes/equipment.

I'll probably try to get some more done today since I have the day off.

Antisthenes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:33:49 am »

FYI, the pre-installed link is down.

Orris

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you surprised when I touch the dwarf inside?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 10:00:20 pm »

FYI, the pre-installed link is down.

Here you go, the directory where all the deep qantas can be found, including both versions.

http://stele.korusuu.net/files/dftile/

DeepQantas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »

Holy moly, that's a lot of awesome new stuff you got there! :)

You might as well name the set after yourself given that most of the creatures are yours. And it's not like I'm actively updating it.
~m /o/

TheWealthyAardvark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:28:46 am »

Here you go, the directory where all the deep qantas can be found, including both versions.

http://stele.korusuu.net/files/dftile/

That directory seems to have everything except for the updated version of graphics_example.  Can anybody post a copy here?
Quick, somebody who can pretend they know with a reasonable degree of believability hop in and act like they do!
You fucking rang?
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.

Eskarion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »

Can anybody maybe re-up the package or at least the examples.txt?

edit: nevermind, the package seems to be available in this file: http://stele.korusuu.net/files/dftile/dqexpanded.rar
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:19:12 pm by Eskarion »