Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.02 Released  (Read 98006 times)

DoctorZuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.02 Released
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 11:28:58 am »

nice, No big major issues been tackled yet, but give it time. Pleasantly surprised to see this much coming out already to be honest. ;)

>>>SirPenguin nice catch on the stealth patch there.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 11:49:00 am »

Awesome!  Killing these crash bugs may not make the game more fun right away, but it's better to get the big show-stopping stuff taken care of first and deal with game play and tweaking issues later.  Believe in the Toad! 

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 11:51:06 am »

I'm very happy with the speed of the bug fixing, myself.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:01:35 pm by Spreggo »

Stele007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »

Yeah, nice to see some of the worst (crash) bugs fixed.  Now I can check out arena...

The new game (0.31.x) is awesome, by the way.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:53 pm »

All hail the Toady One!
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Kilo24

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 12:39:01 pm »

Thanks for the release, Toady.

Hmm... I really should report a crash bug I've got, but the site is screwy and keeps frequently only half-loading pages, and the bug tracker won't let me sign up (it says "Bad Response From Server.)  Is anybody else getting this?  I've heard no complaints about it, but this is the only site I've been getting this behavior from, and it started just after the release.

Also, the save-game reliably crashes within about half a minute upon being loaded, but the problem is that the file size is ~300 mb and I'm not sure about a good place to upload it.  The DF File Depot only allows files of up to 100 mb.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 12:41:38 pm »

Also, the save-game reliably crashes within about half a minute upon being loaded, but the problem is that the file size is ~300 mb and I'm not sure about a good place to upload it.  The DF File Depot only allows files of up to 100 mb.

Zshare is free and doesn't make you do captchas.  Also, if it's an uncompressed save, the size should go down in a major way when you zip it up.

Sarstan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 01:28:45 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

(*) made blind cave bears eyeless and gave them extravision

Yet another reason why Dwarf Fortress is the best game ever.

Mr.Elendig

• Bay Watcher
  • [TWISTED][INSANE][CANT_SPELL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 01:40:39 pm »

http://omploader.org/ is sort of nice.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 01:42:42 pm »

Will the weapon and damage strangeness be fixed soon? :S
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 02:09:50 pm »

Heres an interesting bit: Quarry bush seeds (Rock Nuts) are set to be edible raw now, which is kinda cool.

They're bugged, though - you can't *actually* eat them raw, dwarves won't touch them even if starving. Same effect if you set quarry bush leaves to be edible raw - nobody touches em. Apparently edible raw doesn't work on leaves or seeds - they work cooked, though.

On a related note, quarry bush leaves seem to be set to the wrong tile type and colored wrong. The entry is:
[LEAVES:quarry bush leaf:quarry bush leaves:7:0:0:0:0:1:6:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
This gives them tile 7 appearance (circle, boulder I think?) with 0 0 0 (black) color (I'm not sure what the 0 1 6 in the rest of it is, but the first four are apparently tile and color). So basically quarry bush leaves are invisible, unless on a muddy or otherwise colored tile - in which case they are a black circle. Changing this to
[LEAVES:quarry bush leaf:quarry bush leaves:6:7:0:0:0:1:6:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:LEAF]
makes them grey with tile 6 (a leaf tile, I believe that was the tile used by the old quarry bush leaves).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 02:11:08 pm »

You're assuming that these are all bugs!  A lot of the ones I've read about are more uncomfortable differences from what we would expect than actual problems.  Maybe I haven't seen any of the big deal ones, though.

All hail Toady!
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 02:12:41 pm »

I am happy to see the fixes coming up. Once a stable merge version is finished I'll download this version :D

Yay for Toady :)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 02:16:56 pm »

You're assuming that these are all bugs!  A lot of the ones I've read about are more uncomfortable differences from what we would expect than actual problems.  Maybe I haven't seen any of the big deal ones, though.

All hail Toady!
Brass doing more damage than steel, bronze being "better" in many cases than iron, gold/silver/platinum holding edges and being good for weapons because of weight.

It's not "game-breaking" but it is rather hilariously strange and modders are hard at work testing numbers.

Good to see fixes rolling out after the break :]

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 02:18:23 pm »

bronze being "better" in many cases than iron

That's one's intentional and very arguably realistic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11